How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-04-2004
backstage pass

Wow this was a little eye opening to say the least, seems like unless your name is Gisele that you might not be making the big bucks as some seem to think all models do.

I am curious to know if a rumor I heard was true or not. I have heard that Victoria's Secret pays their models $25,000 USD for their runway shows...I assume that is for the more 'big names' like Adriana Lima etcetera?

On other randomness:

I never would have imagined that catalog models in Newport News make that much.

~Amara

26-04-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:26 pm
making the cash doing catalogue for clients like La Redoute and new port news. THOSE girls are in the big $$$. You wouldn't think so, would ya?

Why Korina Longin is one of the wealthiest models working today and most people would say "who?"

26-04-2004
V.I.P.

The key to the amount of money you make is,how much in demand you are, being available ,if you have a good agency and if you have a booker that believes in you. The only exception to this is luck, running into the right photographer,designer or client . Each model's pay rate differs. New faces get little or nothing their first season unless they become the flavor of the moment in which case their price skyrockets. Agencies frown on disclosing rates and if your doing well it's best not to disclose that info. You start out in the hole as in most professions but if your willing to work and have the" look" the money is there. Some editorials do pay,not a lot but getting your face seen in the right mag leads to better jobs, the best runway shows and the" mother lode" campaigns. Some top models started out doing catalogs (very good money) and it is up to the model and her/his agent to decide if it's right for them. It is a shock when you see your check minus the deductions,so it's up to the model to go over it, and question any deductions she does'nt understand. Do they take more than their share? Who knows? And should you question it? Not if you want to keep working.

27-04-2004
tfs star

so...someone like Gemma Ward isn't gettin paid much yet? i thought she'd be gettin heaps...everyone in perth is so jealous! maybe not any more...

27-04-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Amara@Apr 26th, 2004 - 5:49 pm

On other randomness:

I never would have imagined that catalog models in Newport News make that much.

~Amara
not all of them do...usually they'll hire 5-6 girls...a few at lower rates...one or two a bit higher and then they get a 'star' who gets a very high day rate...

so...not every girl in the same show or ad will be making the same rate...

27-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by ebatesy23@Apr 27th, 2004 - 4:10 am
so...someone like Gemma Ward isn't gettin paid much yet? i thought she'd be gettin heaps...everyone in perth is so jealous! maybe not any more...
You forgot the part that says" unless she becomes the flavor of the moment in which case their price skyrockets." In her case that's true.

28-04-2004
scenester

Ya,
Girls like gemma do make the bucks.. but there are so many girls out there for every gemma who dont make a thing...

18-05-2004
front row

I stumbled upon some info whilst avoiding school work
It looks like a 'balance' sheet from this model Erika Valencia @ Pulse NY detailing the money she made on her jobs abroad...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RACHELWORKDONE.jpg (59.6 KB, 852 views)

18-05-2004
front row

I'm sorry its so grainy! Mind you, I'm not sure what currency it is or anything but her agency website posted it to show that their models are doing well.
There's a picture of her as well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EV.jpg (24.9 KB, 158 views)

18-05-2004
trendsetter

wow if that is dollars

but i dont think it is.

And the world will live as one..."
-John Lennon
20-05-2004
V.I.P.

I dont think that's in USD.. it mentions Bangkok fashion, Malaysia Mag and Walls Icecream (which is from singapore I think). maybe the currency is in Thai or Malaysian? (i know its not singaporean cos that would be a lot!)

20-05-2004
V.I.P.

Asia is the place to be if you want to make quite a bit of money in a relatively short amount of time...

20-05-2004
front row

Tay, I'm trying to send you a message but your PM box is full!

20-05-2004
V.I.P.

It should be fixed now...

22-05-2004
V.I.P.

Why are some models offered up to 20,000 up front to go to Japan? Is it that hard to get good models to work there?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, average, expect, model, paid, post, read, rules, thread