How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2007
front row

How would I go about doing this?????
Hi
Im 14 and I really want to start an online store selling clothes and accessories by New Zealand designers so that people around the world can buy them, but I have no idea where to start!
I know I can enquire with the labels about buying wholesale but I doubt that I'll be taken seriously, since I'm so young...

Is this whole idea too ambitious?

And, would you buy things from these sorts of designers if you could get them online:
www.cybele.co.nz
www.seralilly.com
www.zambesi.co.nz

Thanks

18-01-2007
V.I.P.

i cannot help you (have you thought of ebay? or a e-conceptstore? have you asked your parents???)
but i would buy this outfits if i were a woman...I like some of the Cybele outfits... and the other brands are good, too.

omfg, i'm 22 (or 23... i can't remember) and still studying.... and some little 14yrsold kid are planning to have their own online shop.... OMG!

GOOD LUCK... I'm sure you'll get all the infos, you need onto here.

18-01-2007
front row

thanks

18-01-2007
I love you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks
omfg, i'm 22 (or 23... i can't remember) and still studying.... and some little 14yrsold kid are planning to have their own online shop.... OMG!

Ohhhh, I'm 20, but I thought the same at first

Actually, I also can't help to you, dior_me_not, but that is fantastic for you to thinking about that perspective

18-01-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

This is a great idea I think and i'm always fond of people attempting to do things at a young age. There are lots of threads around here about contacting people to sell wholesale etc. and maybe even a few business oriented threads. I think your parents need to support you on this as if you need any sort of bank loans they will have to authorize them and sign. They could also help you draw up a business plan. It really depends how committed you are to the idea. No one will want to sell their clothes to someone who they think is just doing something as a little side project but will toss it away in 4 months. There is definately a gap in the market for this kind of clothing and i also think these 'down under' designers are becoming more and more popular and 'fresh'. I will post more later.

18-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Were have you been alot of online shops are run by kids or students etc. myspace,ebay etc. are full of them. Remember those mirco scooter things every kid had a few years back ... well a 13 year old lad bought the shipping rights to them for shipping them to the uk, he is now a multi millionare. So anything is possible.

I think this is proove that age certainly doesnt bring wisdom or maturity... there was no need for you to be condesending or patronising

18-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamaria

I think this is proove that age certainly doesnt bring wisdom or maturity... there was no need for you to be condesending or patronising
Wow, I did not know that about those scooters. But also, I just wanted to say I don't think BerlinRocks was being patronizing or condescending. I felt the same way as him when I read the original post I think it's more of a feeling of awe and admiration that someone so young is venturing into business prospects while we are older (I'm 21) and I am still in University and working retail and probably won't start a respectable career for a few more years. It wasn't meant to be negative to dior_me_not but more like "wow, way to go!" and "I feel so behind because I'm older". Perhaps?

V.I.P.

^^ now i feel stupid lol

20-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin
Wow, I did not know that about those scooters. But also, I just wanted to say I don't think BerlinRocks was being patronizing or condescending. I felt the same way as him when I read the original post I think it's more of a feeling of awe and admiration that someone so young is venturing into business prospects while we are older (I'm 21) and I am still in University and working retail and probably won't start a respectable career for a few more years. It wasn't meant to be negative to dior_me_not but more like "wow, way to go!" and "I feel so behind because I'm older". Perhaps?
yeah she has all my admiration... as all those kids doing this (i didn't know about it)... I think this is really great and mature!... I'm behind you Dior-not-girl... and you have all my suppport
it's ok timaria... my english is bad so i understand you could misunderstand me...
Quote:
This is a great idea I think and i'm always fond of people attempting to do things at a young age.
agree.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »