How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2005
windowshopping

I need Contact Info for Publicists / Designers / Showrooms / Magazines / Stores / etc
I am super keen to do some assistant work with either Nick Knight or Sophie Delaporte, in fact especially Delaporte. I am experiencing one problem. Getting in contact with either of these people seems nigh on impossible! If anybody can suggest a strategy or method for contacting these peepz I would be eternally grateful!

06-05-2005
FC5
scenester

Via showstudio.com perhaps?

Then join the queue.

06-05-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

call their agencies...they can probably help...

good luck!!...

06-05-2005
woolgathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lighthouse
I am super keen to do some assistant work with either Nick Knight or Sophie Delaporte, in fact especially Delaporte. I am experiencing one problem. Getting in contact with either of these people seems nigh on impossible! If anybody can suggest a strategy or method for contacting these peepz I would be eternally grateful!
You can contact Sophie through her agency: www.mfilomeno.com

Good luck

13-01-2006
rising star

I need Contact Info for Publicists / Designers / Showrooms / Magazines / Stores / etc
Does anyone know how to find a celebrity's press rep? I am looking for a celeb to make an appearance at my boutique to really promote it..If anyone has any other promotional ideas I can always use them!!Thanks

V.I.P.

If you have a specific celeb in mind and they have a web site ... sometimes there is a section on there called "press" and they name their PR firm ... that's who you'd want to start with.

02-12-2007
rising star

Does anyone have contact information for Nylon that they could PM me? I've a regular reader of the magazine and would love to try to intern for them, but I can't find any contact information...thanks!

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladawn View Post
Does anyone know how to find a celebrity's press rep? I am looking for a celeb to make an appearance at my boutique to really promote it..If anyone has any other promotional ideas I can always use them!!Thanks
This will be the answer to your prayers:

http://www.whorepresents.com/

This is a database of probably every celeb you can think of and their contact information, through agents, managers and PR people.

There is a monthly fee, but if you use your time wisely, then it won't cost you that much.

TWITTER:

Last edited by BetteT; 14-10-2008 at 01:01 PM.
26-03-2008
windowshopping

Hey,I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any contact details for buyers or buying departments preferably in London, (although I'm open to other areas of the world at the moment) whom I might be able to contact with regard to doing some work experience over the summer.Im currently studying Fashion Buying, coming to the end of my second year and looking about to try and get in with a buyer for experience before my final year.I hope this has been posted in the correct place, if not please feel free to move it is appropriate!!

scenester

Anyone have any idea how to get ahold of an editors e-mail/ contact info? I read some past stories of people e-mailing their resume directly and wanted to try it. This "getting a shoe in the door" business can be tricky...

03-04-2008
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by golightlygirl View Post
Anyone have any idea how to get ahold of an editors e-mail/ contact info? I read some past stories of people e-mailing their resume directly and wanted to try it. This "getting a shoe in the door" business can be tricky...
check on the page with the masthead and/or publishing info...
or if it's a larger mag, try going to the publishers' site (condť nast, hearst, etc.) and see if you can determine the format for email addresses...
some companies use just first name (kelly@condenast.com) or first inital/last name (ksmith@condenast.com), etc.

trendsetter

Does anyone know about contacting Ford Models for an internship? I can only find fax and telephone numbers on their website and I know most places don't like to be bothered with phone calls.

17-05-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june gloom View Post
Does anyone know about contacting Ford Models for an internship? I can only find fax and telephone numbers on their website and I know most places don't like to be bothered with phone calls.
This was on their site. "If you have questions or concerns about any of our information collection or handling practices, please contact us at bdillard@fordmodels.com." Phone calls aren't so bad either I called Wilhelmina last year concerning an internship and they were pretty nice.

12-06-2008
windowshopping

Vogue Italia
Does anyone know a contact I can email about applying for an internship postition with Vogue Italia? Even a person who works with the magazine would be fantastic. I would love to apply for an internship with them but am having trouble finding contact information.

Thanks for all of your help!!!

12-06-2008
fashion icon

JSeip welcome to tFS!

I'm pretty sure Vogue Italia have an office/contact in New York, probably in the Time Square building. I know Vogue China/Taiwan/Japan/etc all have a 'go-to' person in New York. I'm not sure how, but see if you can find that contact as a starting point? Or read the masthead of Vogue Italia and see if you can work out how they structure their email addresses :p eg firstname_lastname@condenast.com (that's how US Conde Nast does it), or firstinitial_lastnight@xyz.com, etc, or it could be mentioned elsewhere in the magazine.

Or, call them up to ask!

Good luck!

ETA:
I did some Googling and it looks like their email formats are:
firstinitial.lastname@condenast.it
eg Jane Smith would be
j.smith@condenast.it
So look through the masthead and start emailing people!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
contact, designers, info, magazines, publicists, showrooms, stores