How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-05-2006
trendsetter

That's just a bit more money then I have right now, ah well, someday.

Do other well known fashion designers get invited to other designers shows? For example, would Marc Jacobs be invited to the Prada Show?

09-05-2006
windowshopping

I've always wanted to attend NY Fashion week also, if you have absolutely no connections whatsoever, is there any way you can write to the store and ask for tickets?

09-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene Darkheart
I've always wanted to attend NY Fashion week also, if you have absolutely no connections whatsoever, is there any way you can write to the store and ask for tickets?
I'm sure you can do whatever you want, but why would they want to give tickets to some random person when they could be using them on people who are in the industry, you know?

10-05-2006
V.I.P.

Yeah ... first they want the big fashion magazine editors and big name stylists there who can help publicize the line, then the store buyers who will sell the line and celebs (fashion industry and others) to get the press for more PR for the line. Once all those people are in, then the people who work for or know these people are in .. because .... just because the big shots get as many tickets as they want ... a lot of the times. Then crew (makeup artists, hair stylists, fashion stylists, dressers, etc.) gets some tickets, sometimes. Then, if all the seats are not filled the rest of us get in with pretty so-so credentials. But the designers in the tents are in such demand ... that they really never need to fill seats .... they have to turn hundreds away.

It's a bit easier in L.A. so far (same people put L.A. FAshion week on, so it's very similar ... just lower level designers). I've been able to get in through some of the designer's PR people ... if I've used the line in an editorial during the year or from makeup artists the I've worked with that are working the show. It gets harder every year in L.A. because we are gettting some bigger designers now ... and that trend seems to be continuing.

20-05-2006
windowshopping

Fashion Shows
Hey

Does anyone know of any up and coming fashion show dates, peferably in the UK?
Please help, I've been dying to go for ages but have never got the dates in time!!
Thank you
XLeonieX

backstage pass

fashion shows
i dont know any designer catwalk shows but if your in the UK you should got to the clothes show live in december its really amazing as its like a show with the catwalking and dancing ,tickects normally go on sale in july also theres a load of shopping with designer bargains also in the show they use designer clothes last year kylies stylist put together the show and it was amazing!!!!!!!!! also before each show theres a group that perform last year i saw the sugababes which was cool also you can spot loads of celebs walking around i once saw julie andrews there lol ive been going for 3 years and it is amazing i highly recomend it!!!

20-05-2006
windowshopping

RE fashioin shows!
thanks for your reply, wow!! that really does sound amazing!! were are the shows based are they around the country? I live in North Wales which is a bit unconvenient for all of the shows! but I could persuade my dad to take me!!!!!!! where do you usually go?

backstage pass

The Clothes Show is at the Birmingham NEC

20-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
thanks for your reply, wow!! that really does sound amazing!! were are the shows based are they around the country? I live in North Wales which is a bit unconvenient for all of the shows! but I could persuade my dad to take me!!!!!!! where do you usually go?
ok i live in merseyside not a million miles away from you and there are always charity fashion shows in liverpool, as well as some with hollyoaks stars .. not amaizing but a start in bars etc. also cricket do fashion shows etc. you just need to keep your ears open x

22-05-2006
front row

You can get backstage if you know a model in the show. (She'll say you're her sister or cousin.) I think that's more fun than the show anyhow. Sure, there's no shwag but excluding the top designers, I often find the catwalk tedious. I have been to some bad, bad shows before! hahaha...

22-05-2006
scenester

Tips On How To Sneak Into The Shows...
I just wanted to ask since I plan on moving to Manhattan soon. Do you have to pay money to get in? Or is it simply invite only?!

22-05-2006
V.I.P.

there is an "attending fashion shows" thread, i'll be more than glad to merge as i'm interested in the topic myself!

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

Last edited by Pastry; 22-05-2006 at 03:49 PM.
28-05-2006
backstage pass

Fashion Show
How can i get tickets to a fashion show? i really want to go to one. even if its a tiny one.. marc jacobs would be AMAZING to go to. does anyone know? thanks

28-05-2006
about to fall or fly

Moving this to Careers & Education, where we already have a similar thread.

Good luck!

There is only Karl

as mentioned before, you can't just go to a fashion show if you're not invited!
is there any site with dates of coming fashion weeks or latest fashion shows?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attendance, fashion, ins, outs, shows, week