How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2006
etre soi-meme

stay tuned at tFS designers&collections forums, we always post special 'pinned' threads on show schedules as soon as they are out

30-05-2006
windowshopping

I go to Parsons and they offer students there tickets. I went with my former roommate to the Anna Sui and Zac Posen show last fall because her mom worked for FedEx Kinkos, which is a sponsor for fashion week. It really is all about knowing someone or being somehow linked to the industry.

13-06-2006
windowshopping

thanks for the info-- I'll keep dreaming ;-)

13-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv
I go to Parsons and they offer students there tickets. I went with my former roommate to the Anna Sui and Zac Posen show last fall because her mom worked for FedEx Kinkos, which is a sponsor for fashion week. It really is all about knowing someone or being somehow linked to the industry.
Wow, thats interesting. I want to go to Parsons once I graduate What kind of tickets do they offer, what shows?

windowshopping

Hi,
All this talk about fashion shows got me wanting tickets!! I now am booked to go to the Clothes Show in the NEC this coming December, I can't wait!!! Does anyone have any tips on where or what is a must see on the visit? I am a first to the shows and if you have been please let me know on what I must not miss out on!!!
Thank You
xxxx

trendsetter

the clothes show is just one big market full of chavs that wear playboy and want to be scouted, the show is allways good though!.
check out 21st century kilts and the shope that sells comme des garcons junya watanabe and stuff for dirt cheap they're allways there

you get tickets to the shows in paris at csm in the 2nd year of the BA course the menswear tickets that the college gets are better than the womens. most people i know sneak in to the shows at London fashion week i dont know about paris HC or milan unless you're a modeliser like Acid

03-08-2006
V.I.P.

You can get tickets for London fashion week. I have to agree about the Clotheshow. It is a vile event, only useful if you wanna get scouted. Fashion has nothing to do with it

19-08-2006
windowshopping

A good way to go to the shows is offer to work during them..

20-08-2006
taz
MUSE

Does some companies sell tickets to thier shows?

20-08-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
Does some companies sell tickets to thier shows?
I never heard of any such policy.

20-08-2006
front row

i've searched and searched for other threads related to attending fashion shows and fashion show etiquette, what to wear, etc. but to no avail...

could someone kindly direct me to some such threads? i'm registered for olympus fashion week (legit!) but only have invites to a few (99% derek lam, possibly zac, and for sure a lot of smaller shows) and i would really appreciate any advice! (this is my first time)

20-08-2006
front row

another question actually--

when you're registered through IMG, you get a list of contacts. has anyone contacted reps (PR people) for designers and succeeded in scoring tickets this way?

what about getting backstage as press?

22-08-2006
windowshopping

i go to FIT and they have a deal where students can volunteer to work fashion week. you basically just tell people where to sit and put the name tags on the back of chairs but you get all access to tents backstage etc.. and when the shows go on they use you as seat fillers so you get to watch. other schools have this arrangement as well and i was working with people from NYU and Parsons when i did the fall 2006 season. its a good deal. the group you volunteer with is 7th on Sixth. its probably the easiest way to get into fashion week.

22-08-2006
V.I.P.

aww this is sad ..me and the girls were planning a nY fashion week next season.. i didn't know you neede a invite!
Anyone here need a date?
An intern to tag along?
lol let me know :p

23-08-2006
rising star

just volunteer...even if you get tickets to a show, you cant go to the other shows but if you volunteer you pretty much have all access and you could work at the shows you really want to see...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attendance, fashion, ins, outs, shows, week