How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom
The link doesn't work anymore

11-09-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
Does some companies sell tickets to thier shows?
Yes,some of them do.

But just if you are a premium costumer of their services, like Amex Black as example

trendsetter

It is very easy. The only time that it would be hard to get into the tent at Bryant Park is if it is for a really big show and that is only because the security at the front of the tent would ask to see your invite. I've only been asked 2x where I was going when I walked past security and 3x I just walked up and into the foyer. The first time I just said I was from Saks and going to the show and he was like Okay No Prob and then the second time I just showed my Lela Rose invite and there was on problem. Once you get in there it is easy because you can just walk up to the desk and ask for standing room. Easy as that.
So really the biggest part is walking past the 2 guys at the front entrance...but, if you look decent, not lost and confident they probably won't even stop you.

11-09-2006
V.I.P.

^The person was asking about London Fashion Week.

I've heard a lot of stories about sec guards just letting people in at some shows in London but yes, most are invitations only.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
11-09-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
^The person was asking about London Fashion Week.

I've heard a lot of stories about sec guards just letting people in at some shows in London but yes, most are invitations only.
Oops...maybe I should read The Fashion Spot while multi-tasking at work.

09-04-2007
front row

Oh wow that sucks, I'm going to the UK during the S/S 07 shows and would love to go.

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
Yes,some of them do.

But just if you are a premium costumer of their services, like Amex Black as example
That means you have to be SUPER rich anyway...but I didnt know this...having a Centurion card gets someone everywhere

09-04-2007
windowshopping

Well, here in Milan you can't possibly pass by the security guards, if you don't have an invitation, you are staying out, period :-) On the D&G show I heard that they were Russian ladies offering up to 300 euros for an invitation... I would have gladly sold mine :-)

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by borissov
Well, here in Milan you can't possibly pass by the security guards, if you don't have an invitation, you are staying out, period :-) On the D&G show I heard that they were Russian ladies offering up to 300 euros for an invitation... I would have gladly sold mine :-)

There should be an organized, ticket-trading black market..

10-04-2007
windowshopping

Yeah, I've been thinking about it for some time... I should start selling my invitations on ebay or something... Now I have some old ones, I kept the Armani and Ferragamo invitations from feb fashion week, they are really stylish, anybody interested? :-) Start bidding! They show moderate signs of use, lol.

windowshopping

stylist invited to fashion show - how to do?
Can anybody help with this? It might look silly, just...I work as a stylist and used to be backstage at fashion shows, now I would like to be in front of the house at the fashion show and just watch
Do I have to approach the PR / production companies of designers to get an invitation or how?
I used to get some invitations, but it was always through someone else.
Thank you for any tip.

Lindiak

13-06-2007
trendsetter

yes, you should call the PR office for whichever show it is that you'd like to see, and ask them about their show. explain that you're a stylist and would like to attend, etc.

13-06-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteparisienne View Post
yes, you should call the PR office for whichever show it is that you'd like to see, and ask them about their show. explain that you're a stylist and would like to attend, etc.
thank you. how long in advance should I do that, like 1,5 month?

01-07-2007
etre soi-meme

if you are friendly with the designers then you can also ask them directly either for an invite or a guest list pass

one month before the shows should do the treick but if you go through PR offices you may need a refference letter from the chief fashion editor of the magazine you work for

05-05-2008
front row

Attending fashion weeks
Hey,

Im sorry if you have already discussed about that and this thread repeats, but i didnt find anything.
how does it work to get in to the fashion week? for example paris? or ny? is it possible to get accreditation (or invitations) for the shows as a fashion journalist from not famous in world newspaper or magazine? for example if it is published only in lithuania? or what is it possible to do if i am a freelancer journalist and i want to go to fashion week's shows?
Thank you!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attendance, fashion, ins, outs, shows, week