How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2005
windowshopping

The Ins and Outs of Attendance at Fashion Week Shows
So do we need invitations from the designers or their company in order to go for their catwalk?
If so, what should i do to go for it?

Thank you!

10-09-2005
front row

Yes its restricted to press and invited guests only.

10-09-2005
etre soi-meme

yes, indeed, buyers, press and clients only

10-09-2005
windowshopping

So there is no way for ppl like us to go at all?

02-10-2005
front row

Attending Fashion Shows
Does anyone know how one can attend a runway fashion show in New York? Is it by invite only, if so how. Do we have to pay for a ticket, if so, how much and where it can be retrieved.

If you know how someone can attend a runway show, please post information on here on what you know. Thankyou!!

I really want to attend at least one runway show next february because I wish to get serious in designing and want to see how it feels like.

02-10-2005
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Fashion shows tend to be invite only, for people in the industry...However, I have seen people score tickets to shows that have locations outside the tents by waiting around and talking to the PR People. It doesn't always work, but its worth a try. Getting into the tents isn't so easy anymore because they check your invitation at the door, but you can probably find a way to sneak past them...I think there are a few topics like this already, so search those for some more tips...

06-05-2006
front row

Attending Fashion Shows
I have always wanted to see some fashion shows.

06-05-2006
arndom

Oh it depends what fashion show and what is your job. Most ppl attend fashion shows for free:-) , I mean they even get paid, because of their jobs:-P

I think we have a thread for attending fashion show b4, please also do a quick search!

06-05-2006
V.I.P.

the normal shows dont cost, they invite you. U must be in the industry heavily to get invited....i cant find the sneaking into a fashion thread however..

06-05-2006
windowshopping

Getting Into Fashion Shows
basically you have to be on the list of the P.R. companies that rep the designers, and then when fashion week comes around you get invites by email or by mail about a week before the shows. You RSVP, you go to the Venue, Find your name on the list by whoever is manning the list, and get in. Ussually there are complimentary drinks and gift bags with shwag. And yes, some people actually get paid to attend the shows, the ones who get paid ussually work for magazines, the other people in the audience include stylists, celebrities, scenesters, rich kids...whoever...

08-05-2006
trendsetter

I've heard that regular customers get invited too, is that true?

front row

^ Customers do get invited, only if they have spent a lot of money though. One of my neighbours has been to Vuitton for the past four seasons. I have been invited to Chloe, Marni and Celine before...

08-05-2006
trendsetter

Wow, I better start spending some money then, hehe. How much do you think you would have to spend, at least? Thank you

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieva
Wow, I better start spending some money then, hehe. How much do you think you would have to spend, at least? Thank you
At Vuitton, it is around one hundred thousand pounds (possibly much more), which sounds alot, but a complete customised luggage collection costs more than fifty thousand pounds. As for other brands, I would say a few ten thousand pounds in a season, bought from major boutiques, and get to know the senior staff. Using bespoke services, trunks shows etc. will also go in your favour...

08-05-2006
windowshopping

It's a lot easier if you're in the industry, but like people have previously mentioned, if you spend a lot of money on their clothes then you have a chance of getting invited.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attendance, fashion, ins, outs, shows, week