How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

Intern listings websites?
Hey guys,

I'm looking for websites that list internship/work experience/freelance/assistant positions for magazines. I'm talking about where all the major magazines post, for example VOGUE USA. I have heard they don't list assistant/intern/freelance/temp positions on their Conde Nast careers website, so where do they list them? Where do you all go for careers/jobs/internships in fashion?

Regards and many thanks,

Sohail

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Never heard of any site where they are all posted.

If it's not on their site, then I suggest that you just call the headquarters of the various companies that you are interested in and ask about who to speak to about internships and/or if there is a posting somewhere that you can access. They should be able to direct you.

Also ... labor laws in the U.S. require that internships (most U.S. internships are NOT paid in dollars) must be paid in college credits instead. So, I'm pretty sure that in they do communicate with the major US colleges ... where students study journalism, media, PR, and fashion ... and the information would be available to students. Perhaps this might be the case in Europe too?

Last edited by BetteT; 1 Week Ago at 11:32 AM.
1 Week Ago
fashion insider

The only website I know about for the US is the fashionista career page... :-/
http://fashionista.com/fashion-caree...oD85ZFRTyP0XAn

Here in france (at least. I know you can look up other countries/cities, they have a page for the usa) I used fashionjobs.com
That's where I found all of my internships (for smaller businesses but also CR fashion book, air france madame or vogue travel ) But they mostly show internship offers or sales jobs in stores. I've been trying to figure out how to find a job in my field but turns out most of the time it's people recommending others or through networking or people finding you, from what I've witnessed. Also like BetteT mentioned, big houses and such contact schools directly too, and what happened for us is we get from time to time emails from the administration forwarding offers. But you can't really rely solely on that to find something..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
intern, listings, websites