How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2006
windowshopping

You'er welcome!

15-05-2006
loaded and locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizilla
Is it possible to get a marketing, business etc. education from Bunka? Or is it only the technical aspect of fashion..?
yes, theres a business course...2 years starting, and one can go on to a third year, and then theres a separate "business" school after that

15-05-2006
windowshopping

Sorry about the off-topic reply. But, where do fashionistas in Japan look for jobs? Is there a newspaper or a website that has fashion jobs posted in it?

15-05-2006
follow the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishahoi
yes, theres a business course...2 years starting, and one can go on to a third year, and then theres a separate "business" school after that
nice! thanks, misha

15-05-2006
Stitch:the Hand

naked eye,I have a friend who attended ESMOD in Paris too and probably the reason internships at respected houses aren't in abundance is because ESMOD leans towards the more technical/commercial side. Unlike,Studio Berçot or Bunka,CSM and Royal Academy in Antwerp where there's a generous balance between utter creativity and technical.

As for Bunka,as I'm reading through misahoi's assesments and her own experiences,I can't help but to think of Antwerp. All this toughness reminds me so much of the reputation of that school. But I think Antwerp tends to be a bit more psychological in it's way of teaching one in front of a mirror-forcing one to find their identities as a designer. Which might also explain the redundance of emotionally derivitive Belgian designers.

But it's further explaination of how much these two countries have in common.

Last edited by Scott; 15-05-2006 at 01:15 PM.
16-05-2006
loaded and locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASHIONJOBDOC
Sorry about the off-topic reply. But, where do fashionistas in Japan look for jobs? Is there a newspaper or a website that has fashion jobs posted in it?
WWDjapan? 繊研新聞? if you're looking for retail, there's always the freemags like R25 or AndA that you can get off the street....

12-01-2007

anyone know what the buying and merchandising and communication courses are like?

loaded and locked

fashion communications is split into stylist course, fashion information course, and fashion business course. merchandising etc may perhaps be best learned in the business course, or the stylist course(sales division)

14-01-2007

and I guess the classes are taught in Japanese?

loaded and locked

yes, 100% in japanese. you must have an equivalent of JLPT level 2 to get in... they may LET you in if you charm the interview proctors, but you wont last long in the classes as i know people who dropped up to catch up on their japanese... good luck ...or, 頑張って下さい~

14-01-2007
windowshopping

WOW that's the school I wanted to apply for, but then I decided to study here in Germany....! Reading this article makes me want to rethink about my decision...!!
Is it taught in Japanese entirely??? I've heard there's a Japanese langauge school for internaional students who want to apply for Bunka fashion college.
I also wanted to apply for London Central St.Martins (before I decided to stay here...), I never knew they made exchanges to this school, their homepage is a bit confusing.

14-01-2007
loaded and locked

you can attend Bunka Institute of Languages for one year or 1.5 years before applying for Bunka. 98% of applicants from BIL will get in to Bunka if they can graduate. ALL classes except for French and English conversation elective classes are taught COMPLETELY in Japanese

14-01-2007

^ Thanks for all your help!

windowshopping

Are there any fashion university in Japan??
Hi There!

I'm really interested to study fashion in Japan but is it possible for a foreign student,( Im from Malaysia) to apply a fashion university??
Im currently studying Advanced diploma in Fashion Design and hoping to get a degree in Japan.

I know there's only a few fashion university that provides a degree in fashion. While I was taking a look at Japan-Bunka Fashion College's website it stated

Intensive Course of Fashion Technique - One year
Special program for bachelor or associate degree holders

But Bunka is a college right? sO it's require us to take the entire course in order to get the degree or what??/

31-01-2007
loaded and locked

i would suggest contacting the school directly with your questions as I dont think anyone here can give you a concrete answer. bunka is a college, womens university, and fashion graduate school.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
college, fashion, japanbunka