How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2008
windowshopping

I'm applying to csm, ravensbourne and middlesex for fashion.

I have a question about UCAS and the whole application process..

First you apply thru UCAS without sending the schools anything(grades, portfolio etc) and then the schools contact you if they are interested and ask for grades and portfolio etc? So I don't need to send anything before they ask me to?

10-03-2008
windowshopping

Does anyone here do BA in fashion communications and promotion at Nottingham Trent or International fashion marketing at Manchester Met, I'm thinking about applying for these (NT 1st chove MM 2nd) and I was juts wondering about the course, lecturer, cities ect.

12-03-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmyemily View Post
Does anyone here do BA in fashion communications and promotion at Nottingham Trent or International fashion marketing at Manchester Met, I'm thinking about applying for these (NT 1st chove MM 2nd) and I was juts wondering about the course, lecturer, cities ect.
I do the Masters in IFM at Man Met. and know a few people on the undergraduate course so feel free to message me if you have any questions and I'll do my best!

congratulations, nerds.

Does anyone have experience with the Fashion Journalism course at Epsom? I think it's fairly new..

12-03-2008
rising star

Hello im interested in graphic design studies.
Wich can you recomended.
Westminister, Metropolitan, Kingston?
Im from Poland and we have a different education system,
if you are artist or wanabe artist you to to the "ASP" it is art university
and there are only art subjects, you know there is no history students, economical students or something like that.
Can somebody tell me how it is in London.
I've heard that Central Saint Martins is the best but the cost of a learning is very high.

tfs star

I'll probably apply for the BA in Fashion Management (buying, merchandising etc) at LCF for 2009 entry. I'm predicted all A's at AS Level (inc business and textiles) so hopefully I should get in! I'm a bit worried about the cost too, as are my parents - I'm like snowqueen in that I'm from northern England and love London! Would love to go to uni there, but I want to study in America for my 3rd year. My second choice is doing BSC Design Management at Manchester, then third choice probably a similar course at Southampton which is introducing buying in the final year for 2009.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelina amelia View Post
Hello im interested in graphic design studies.
Wich can you recomended.
Westminister, Metropolitan, Kingston?
Im from Poland and we have a different education system,
if you are artist or wanabe artist you to to the "ASP" it is art university
and there are only art subjects, you know there is no history students, economical students or something like that.
Can somebody tell me how it is in London.
I've heard that Central Saint Martins is the best but the cost of a learning is very high.
me too, I relly want to study MA Graphic Design in London There are also 2 colleges within University of the Arts London; Camberwell College of Arts and Chelsea College of Arts. Any reviews or recommendations?

07-05-2008
V.I.P.

i really want to study trend future or trend forcasting or predictions .. but only course i can find in it is in east london .. anyone have any experience or know anything about this uni ?? any good ??

08-05-2008
scenester

Anyone knows anything about studying fashion in Kent??
Thanks

08-05-2008
V.I.P.

^^ is that at the uni of creative arts ??

08-05-2008
scenester

yes, University College for the Creative Arts in Kent...

12-05-2008
rising star

Epsom is meant to be the best of the campuses at UCCA. A friend of mine went to Rochester campus for foundation and I think the foundation is fun, but she wasn't sure about the degree..

12-05-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowqueen View Post
i really want to study trend future or trend forcasting or predictions .. but only course i can find in it is in east london .. anyone have any experience or know anything about this uni ?? any good ??
some universities do it as modules. i think it was my friend's final module on her LCF fashion course. Your best bet might be to do placement at a trend forecasters and work your way up/do a degree and keep your contacts

18-05-2008
V.I.P.

I recently made my first two uni choices through UCAS; first choice being Goldsmiths College to study Media & Communications, the second being Arts Communication & Curation at Central St Martin's..
mmmmh. I visited Goldsmiths, got a generally good vibe off it. Even though New Cross is rather..dodgy.

scenester

Does anyone on here go to Istituto Marangoni in London? Considering applying for their Masters in Brand Management, any info/opinions regarding the course would be great..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, kingdom, london, schools, united