How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2009
windowshopping

Hi everyone!
I'm very interested in Photography, where should I study in london??

07-01-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIS View Post
Hey! I'm interested in BA Fashion Management at LCF. I was wondering how important the foundation courses are and is it hard to get in without one? Because I'd like to go straight to BA... And how many of the people who apply to that school actually get in?
Hey ive applied to do a foundation degree at lcf starting this september. As long as you meet the requirements to the course you have applied for whether it be a BA/BSC/FDA etc then you will have as a good a chance to everyone. It is rumoured that for every 1 place on a course, about 50 applicants apply! LCF is one of the most sought after colleges in Europe with the likes of Jimmy Choo and Karen Millen having studied there. Gud luck =)

07-01-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalien View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm very interested in Photography, where should I study in london??
Hey what sort of photography are you interested in? For fashion photography I would again suggest LCF as it is one of the most sought after fashion institutes and it would look fab on your CV. if you go onto the UCAS site you can search for photography and it will bring up a whole list of institutes where you can study this subject. Hope i helped =)

07-01-2009
windowshopping

Thanks for the answer VMWannabe!
I wan't to take the Foundation degree in Fashion Styling and Photography in LCF, but first I need to have the basic skills in photography (I just have the interest) and there is a "Photography skills" course in the London College of Comunication, but I don't know if it is the right place to start with photography.
Right now I'am in my last year in law school (in Chile), but I always loved Fahion and photography but I don't know where to star, I only know that I wan't to study in London.

10-01-2009
windowshopping

Thanks VMWannabe! That didn't make me feel any better though =D but I sent my application yay!

10-01-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMWannabe View Post
Hey ive applied to do a foundation degree at lcf starting this september. As long as you meet the requirements to the course you have applied for whether it be a BA/BSC/FDA etc then you will have as a good a chance to everyone. It is rumoured that for every 1 place on a course, about 50 applicants apply! LCF is one of the most sought after colleges in Europe with the likes of Jimmy Choo and Karen Millen having studied there. Gud luck =)
I'm pretty sure Karen Millen went to University for the Creative Arts...

10-01-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbryony View Post
I'm pretty sure Karen Millen went to University for the Creative Arts...
Formerly known as Surrey Institute I think, the universities merged into one not so long ago...

13-01-2009
windowshopping

Fashion Foundation London
Hello!

I am looking to get a degree in fashion design but I need to get a foundation year. I want to do a fashion design course as opposed to a BTEC in art and design, does anyone recommend a good place to study in London?

21-01-2009
windowshopping

Hi everybody!

I'm interested in the fashion business course at Marangoni in London. I wanna move for the second year to London. Is there anybody who can help me telling about the school in London? (I'm doing the first year in MIlan) Thanks

02-02-2009
windowshopping

The Fashion Retail Academy, London
I wasn't able to find a thread about the fashion retail academy, but if there is feel free to delete this. I'm applying to go here in september and was wondering if anyone has gone or goes here or if they are applying for next year like me. Any info about it would be really great, i'm really interested in knowing what happens on a typical day and what the teachers/ other students are like? Thanks in advance!

04-02-2009
front row

I was going to start a new thread but i thought it may be best to write in this as it is a UK question, so please someone reply!!

What it is, I have always been unsure of what my 'career' choice would be since i was young. I went to college took random A-Levels, i am now in university studying for a degree in childhood studies. Which basically qualifies you to work with children in almost every child setting.

I have always had a passion for art, although i am not an artist. It actually frustrates me that i cant draw like i wish i could. So from that i know i could never be a designer, i just dont have the drawing creativity although i have the image creativity (if that makes sense!) So ive been thinking for a while now that i would like to be a stylist.

I have researched as much as i could into being a stylist because i was willing to change university courses, but to much knowledge there isnt any university courses.

I think a stylist is more of learning through experience and being given the oppurtunity!

So i was wondering if anyone can give me advice into becoming a stylist?
Is there any educational courses?
Is there any internship programmes that would be willing to accept an unexperienced person?

Any advice would help me loads, contacts, whatever!!
I would just like to experience working within the styling industry.

My boyfriend works in an international branded store and there is a woman who is a 'visual merchandiser' that sounds like a way into styling but i dont even know how you start with that!!

Thanks. xo

P.S. As i am from the North West of England i would preferably rather knowing anything based in that area.

Last edited by Nicolerichienews; 04-02-2009 at 09:12 AM.
04-02-2009
V.I.P.

If anyone knows if there are courses in any UK schools for styling they can offer the information here for you ... naming the school and telling you what they know about the courses there.

However asking about how to become a stylist, and about internships should be in the ongoing threads on those subjects. I know that the question about schooling for stylists (none) is answered many times in the stylist thread as well as how to get it started and where you need to live, etc.

Here is a list of threads where you should do some research and post specific questions if they are not already answered in the thread:

All About Becoming a Fashion / Wardrobe Stylist
All About Internships and Work Experience Placements
Visual Merchandising / Window Dressing / Display

Also these threads are also related to your seach (fashion editors are stylists, too so check that out)
Searching for My Perfect Fashion Career - HELP!!
Future & Present Fashion Editors

HTH!

05-02-2009
front row

Thanks so much. I find it a little difficult to navigate through so many posts.
Really appreciate your help

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

i am really interested to go some school in London, fashion/styling or make up artist related. any tips? prices?

11-02-2009
scenester

What is a good fashion university in the UK for someone who has had American schooling?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, kingdom, london, schools, united