How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-07-2005
backstage pass

Glad you liked the idea Lena and GinaMichele

I agree about getting at least 100 done too! Start making a list of all the boutiques you want to sell to, as well as the magazines you would like an article in and send them out to everyone you can! Keep a few back for enquiries you will get throughout the season too, via your website etc.

Online lookbooks are essential now too, but it's great to have a printed lookbook to go through when making choices for shoots.

GinaMichele - Is it your first season, and do you do a full womenswear collection?

21-07-2005
windowshopping

I'm going to take everyone's advice and get 100 lookbooks made. I started making a list of stores I wanted to send them to and I'm already up to 35.

stilista- I did a small collection for Spring. It was only carried in a few stores. I wanted to see what the response was and work out any kinks before expanding. Everything worked out well and now I'm doing a larger collection (about 24 pieces).

05-08-2005
Fly my pretties... Fly!

Does anyone know if which house has their lookbooks instore now?

22-05-2006
trendsetter

Look Books
Does anyone know how I could get my hand on a designers lookbook? Do you have to purchase them? How does it all work? :p

front crow

Usually they are distributed to buyers/stores, and it's possible sometimes to look at them in the stores. As to buying them, I've seen some on ebay.

22-05-2006
front row

I've worked at magazines where hi-res photos from the lookbooks go directly into the issues. Doing a page on 30 fabulous heels and only have 29? You go straight for your shelf of promo cd's and find the 30th pair.

For that reason I suggest you hire a stylist and have her shoot your clothes professionally on a white board. Shoes should be shot from side view and 3/4. Catalogue all the photos on one CD along with a text file of customer prices (if possible) and another with your bio. Send it out to every magazine which features designers (at your level) and watch for surprise "features" to be published!

Good luck!

23-05-2006
etre soi-meme

good point stylebites, but it stands mainly for shoes, bags and accessories..

14-08-2006
backstage pass

are lookbooks just for designers, or do photographers and stylist have them too?

fashion insider

Milliner Maison Michel has released their Fall 2009 lookbook online photographed by Karl Lagerfeld ... It's really interesting to see. I wish there was some way I could get my hands on one of these books

Quote:
>> For Fall 2009, Maison Michel, whose art director Laetitia Crahay doubles as Chanel's accessories designer, asked her other boss Karl Lagerfeld to photograph the milliner's lookbook. The result is a veritable list of Chanel favorites — Karl's muse Lady Amanda Harlech, Chanel face Heidi Mount, Karl's male model favorite of the moment Baptiste Giabiconi — and plenty of other models including Lara Stone, Angela Lindvall, Sasha Pivovarova, Erin Wasson, plus surprise appearances by Olivier Theyskens and Crahay herself, all donning the latest in Maison Michel's headgear.

windowshopping

The new prada lookbook is amazing..... I love the combination of collage, runway, and other shots.

www.prada.com

Also I have picked up a couple of Chanel ones, they just had them at the store. And also they gave a huge stack to my school (fashion school) once just as reference material. They are absolutely stunning.

06-08-2009
windowshopping

how do you get on a mailing list to receive lookbooks from designers?

08-08-2009
V.I.P.

They are very expensive to produce ... they don't just give them out to anyone. You probably have to be in the biz ... a retailer, a fashion journalist, a stylist ... or a fashion school ... something like that, where you might be able to do them some good by making orders, writing about their line or using their line for your clients.

20-05-2010
windowshopping

Lookbooks
Hey Everyone...

I've just got a quick question for people in the fashion business- who is usually in charge of commissioning a label's lookbook?

Just curious x

06-08-2012
trendsetter

Does anyone know any good places that are London based to print a short run of lookbooks? Thanks.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lookbooks