How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
16-02-2007
  1
trendsetter
 
InnocentFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,414
MA Fashion Journalism @ London College of Fashion
I have applied to an MA in Fashion Journalism at the London College of Fashion, not sure when I will hear back from them though - fingers crossed!

Anyone done this course, applied to this course or doing a course like it?

If so...can you give me some insight?

If I do not get in, do you know of another course I could do at another uni in the UK maybe?

Thank you

__________________
~* Innocent Fairy *~
'Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world...'
  Reply With Quote
 
16-02-2007
  2
tfs star
 
Dustcakeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,905
Sorry..I don't have advice..

But what course have you done so far?

__________________
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2007
  3
windowshopping
 
samegirlyouknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Gender: femme
Posts: 31
I applied for the fashion journalism MA program too! I also applied for the History of Fashion and Culture MA. Good luck! Let me know if you hear anything! My undergrad is in Creative Writing/Women's Studies so I hope the humanties/writing background will help. I looked and the only fashion journalism program I found anywhere was at LCF.

__________________


Last edited by samegirlyouknow; 16-02-2007 at 12:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2007
  4
trendsetter
 
InnocentFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustcakeboy
Sorry..I don't have advice..

But what course have you done so far?
I am in my third year at the moment doing BA Sociology at Goldsmiths.

__________________
~* Innocent Fairy *~
'Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world...'
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2007
  5
trendsetter
 
InnocentFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by samegirlyouknow
I applied for the fashion journalism MA program too! I also applied for the History of Fashion and Culture MA. Good luck! Let me know if you hear anything! My undergrad is in Creative Writing/Women's Studies so I hope the humanties/writing background will help. I looked and the only fashion journalism program I found anywhere was at LCF.
Have you applied for the MA Fashion Journalism in the States or the UK?

I hope I get in - at least if I get an interview, I am half way there.

__________________
~* Innocent Fairy *~
'Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world...'
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2007
  6
Unveil Yourself....
 
Mr-Dale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: homme
Posts: 15,092
So this is at university? I didn't know that existed...hmm I'll keep that in mind for when I am doing my MA (doing BA Theatre, Film and Television sciences, which also exists :p)

__________________
Beauty is the climactic apotheosis of flowing elegance...

twitter.com/ErikP87
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2007
  7
backstage pass
 
a984mel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Gender: femme
Posts: 750
WOW, fairy were u at the open day last month? I was there too!! I have applied to do the postgrad cert in fashion and lifestyle journalism, it was a close call between the two! I think they said the turn around period for the application to hearing back process is about 6 weeks, Im so nervous! xxxxx

  Reply With Quote
17-02-2007
  8
trendsetter
 
InnocentFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by a984mel
WOW, fairy were u at the open day last month? I was there too!! I have applied to do the postgrad cert in fashion and lifestyle journalism, it was a close call between the two! I think they said the turn around period for the application to hearing back process is about 6 weeks, Im so nervous! xxxxx
Yes I was!!! What did you think of it!?

The Fashion Journalism course sounds amazing!!!

I didn't know it takes 6 wks! A girl from my uni (Goldsmiths) has also applied and she was wondering how long it takes to get a reply. I am so nervous also, are you applying for a scholarship by any chance?

__________________
~* Innocent Fairy *~
'Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world...'
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2007
  9
trendsetter
 
InnocentFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale
So this is at university? I didn't know that existed...hmm I'll keep that in mind for when I am doing my MA (doing BA Theatre, Film and Television sciences, which also exists :p)
I didn't either, until I did a search in Google and that course popped up!

I am soooooo nervous

__________________
~* Innocent Fairy *~
'Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world...'
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2007
  10
windowshopping
 
samegirlyouknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Gender: femme
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentFairy
Have you applied for the MA Fashion Journalism in the States or the UK?

I hope I get in - at least if I get an interview, I am half way there.
In the UK, I read online that they call about interviews in March I think.

__________________

  Reply With Quote
17-02-2007
  11
backstage pass
 
a984mel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Gender: femme
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentFairy
Yes I was!!! What did you think of it!?

The Fashion Journalism course sounds amazing!!!

I didn't know it takes 6 wks! A girl from my uni (Goldsmiths) has also applied and she was wondering how long it takes to get a reply. I am so nervous also, are you applying for a scholarship by any chance?
haha, can't believe u were there too! I know, I am really nervous too because I so so want to do this course! I'm just finishing at English degree at Newcastle Uni at the mo so I'm hoping the writing element of it will stand me in good stead. I made notes during the lectures and when I was rereading them I noticed that I had written that it takes 6 weeks, unless I completely made it up?!

At the moment I have only applied for the postgrad cert. and I don't think I qualify for the scholarship with this course, but I am going to apply for the MA too, did you have to write a 1500 word essay on thought for your final project in ur application for the MA? If I apply for the MA I will definitely be applying for the Harold Tillman scholarship, it sounds fantastic, and the funds will definitely help me out!! I'm hoping they get back to me about an interview etc quite quickly, because it is expensive for me to get down there and the more time I have to sort out travel, the better.

  Reply With Quote
17-02-2007
  12
trendsetter
 
InnocentFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by a984mel
haha, can't believe u were there too! I know, I am really nervous too because I so so want to do this course! I'm just finishing at English degree at Newcastle Uni at the mo so I'm hoping the writing element of it will stand me in good stead. I made notes during the lectures and when I was rereading them I noticed that I had written that it takes 6 weeks, unless I completely made it up?!

At the moment I have only applied for the postgrad cert. and I don't think I qualify for the scholarship with this course, but I am going to apply for the MA too, did you have to write a 1500 word essay on thought for your final project in ur application for the MA? If I apply for the MA I will definitely be applying for the Harold Tillman scholarship, it sounds fantastic, and the funds will definitely help me out!! I'm hoping they get back to me about an interview etc quite quickly, because it is expensive for me to get down there and the more time I have to sort out travel, the better.
I can only go if I can get a scholarship as I do not have the money to do an MA and my parents have already paid for my BA degree

I did the 1500 essay but that was on a question, I also had to do a personal statement and 250 words for the final project...although I might have messed up on the final project somewhat. Its difficult at this time to decide what to do for the final project when we have not even started the course.

The girl from my uni who has applied to do the MA Fashion Journalism is also doing English, I am doing Sociology - but they do accept individuals from Sociology courses as it has a 'culture' approach to it also and so my sociology will be handy.

__________________
~* Innocent Fairy *~
'Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world...'
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2007
  13
trendsetter
 
InnocentFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by samegirlyouknow
In the UK, I read online that they call about interviews in March I think.
Sounds about right then....*nervous*!

__________________
~* Innocent Fairy *~
'Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world...'
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2007
  14
tfs star
 
Dustcakeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,905
Good luck to all. <3

__________________
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2007
  15
trendsetter
 
InnocentFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,414
^^Thanks Dustcakeboy!

I have been looking on the site, I too will be applying for the Harold Tillman funds.

__________________
~* Innocent Fairy *~
'Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world...'
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
college, fashion, journalism, london, ma
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.