How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-01-2008
windowshopping

the mood board was for in an interior design innovation. my theme was hollywood .. colors reds & creams.. and the fabric was everything incorporated in my miniature replica of the room. the fabric you're referring to was used as carpeting as with the linoleum next to it was used to represent hard wood floor. (i have pictures of the replica, as well)

24-05-2008
front row

this is what i did for my recent fashion show.
the bottom left was my mood board, what i did in the very beginning to set my mood. on the top are my sketches that i made from that, and on the right is my presentation board with the flats of my garments and color ways.

03-06-2008
Fashion Designer

i love how some ppl hace moodboards just because. i only make them when i have an assigment to make for scool.

04-07-2008
fashion icon

#96 I love your moodboard Mettchen!! I have something similar, it's really fun to make!!

windowshopping

Love this thread. Very useful!
I keep project boxes full of magazine tears relating to different categories: inspiration for home decor, fashion inpiration, recipes, party ideas, money management articles, articles about favorite celebrities, etc. I refer to it often. Real Simple used to make great boxes that closed with magnets and labelled on the spine and then were housed in a canvas box, which you can store on a bookshelf.

For those of you that make mood/trend boards on the computer, what program do you use?

Anyone have suggestions for keeping projects organized at work (or school)? I have yet to find a way I am happy with of keeping my inspiration tears, my sketches, my specs, fabric info and other info organized. I work on many collections/projects at once.

30-05-2009
V.I.P.

anyone have any suggestions on how to make a mood board? like the kind made/used by designers

30-05-2009
Geometric Discharge

I made five moodboards based on the different subjects I studied for this project, I'll photograph and post them when they come home.

I also had an idea for a scrapbook just today . . I work in a charity shop you see, and today I priced an alarmingly large amount of second-hand books. Often people leave things in the books as bookmarks or whatever. I want to make a scrapbook of the things people leave in these books.
Today I found a pressed daisy chain in a book from the 1940s.
I find photographs and postcards and handpainted bookmarks, diagrams, notes. All are very interesting.
I need to find a nice book to compile them in . .

31-05-2009
windowshopping

Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I was just wondering how you all manage to get so creative and fill a sketchbook with drawings and inspirations. I have six months left to make one for a university project its so frustrating because this is my weak point of design I find it so difficult to get stuck in!

any tips??

31-05-2009
front row

Just do it. Dont think you wrong in what your doing and just do it. Be in the mood when your scapbooking/boarding and you will find whats best and what you can relate to. Well thats what i do anyway.

Geometric Discharge

^ I agree.
Just keep drawing and drawing and you'll see that development in the designs is coming naturally the more you draw; as you improve things or come up with new ideas.
Being able to show development without writing how you did it is good.

12-06-2009
Geometric Discharge

My mood boards for my final project - Babylon the Great.

Christianity:

Whore:

Royalty:

Death:

Evil:

Posters in the Help With Homework/Research thread may recognize their suggestions

19-06-2009
front row

This is one of my mood boards for a project I did 2 semesters ago.

19-06-2009
rising star

For school we had to do a couple of collages and also a mood board. Our instructor explained the differences between the two as this: A collage is just in your sketchbook on two facing pages, not done for presentation but more for you. The mood board is on foam board (of varying sizes) and is done with better presentation with care paid to what you put on it and how.

We also had to keep an inspiration binder. Mine was REALLY good. Really thorough and filled with everything I could possibly find that was inspiring to me sorted, as requested, by topic. It was not supposed to include clothes that you like from the latest collections but rather source inspiration (unless a specific style of clothing REALLY inspired you of course).

I recently moved overseas and my funds available for shipping my possessions was low. Paper is heavy and my inspiration book had to go. I kept about 10 pictures only that I really could not part with(out of like 150+). Before this I had file folders full of pictures of clothes I like too. I was a bit sad to let so much work go and to loose so many years' worth of collected pictures but doing this really showed me what my most important inspirations are. Anyone who has binders and binders or boxes and boxes, or even a huge folder on your computer of photos, if you feel brave enough you should try this too. I feel free and am approaching my designing with new eyes and have been able to progress ahead further and quicker without old fondnesses holding me back. I never would have thought to get rid of it all on my own but it turns out starting over was a great thing.

13-05-2010
Fashion Designer

I have this in my office right now, and every now and then change the pictures and illustrations. It isnt for a collection in particular as i have separate moodboards for that but i practically only use it to decorate a rather plain wall and for general inspiration.

Last edited by daniellat; 13-05-2010 at 01:46 AM.
15-06-2010
windowshopping

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, boards, designers, inspiration, members, mood, post, scrapbooks