How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2012
windowshopping

Companies that Fund fashion design projects.
Morning all.

I am a aspiring Fashion Designer from the UK in Birmingham. I have recently started a project and I am now on the search for funding.
If anyone out there is aware of any company that provides financial support for aspiring fashion designers worldwide/ UK then please leave the appropriate information. Thank you!

Let the search commence!
x

04-04-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Jeans View Post
Hey,

Im a young designer trying to market myself, i have a limited budget and need more ideas on how to get myself noticed.

I have already gone down the route of giving stylists i know free garments, im gaining abit of a following on myspace as well. Other things ive tried is giving free stuff out to boutiques and some magazine editiors. Ive been told to hire models to wear my stuff in clubs etc but does this really work?

Its hard work and i gave up everything to pursue this passion so if any of you have some good ideas on how i can get noticed please let me know!
Good afternoon, fashion designers can sell their garments online at
https://marketplace.asos.com/?WT.ac=ASOS_topnav_UK

It's worth checking out. Click on the 'boutiques' tab all information is there.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by suggesting this as I just wish to help designers!

;-)

13-04-2012
windowshopping

Approaching Fashion Retail Companies With Your Design Ideas/ Photoshop Portfolio.
I have a vast amount of designs and I wish to select a few to submit as a collection to a fashion retail store. If anyone has experience of doing this then please reply. Thank you.

13-04-2012
V.I.P.

I'm not sure where you are going with this request.

You did not clarify if you just want to sell a line the you already have in production to a big store ... or if you want to sell your line to boutiques. You didn't say if you are already in production or not, actually. Or ... you said that you want to submit "ideas" ... so maybe you are searching for someone to produce your line or hire you as a designer? So, it's hard for someone to talk about their own experience if you have not laid it all out.

But, here's a thread about the whole process of designing a line and getting it going ... and it also lists a bunch of other releated threads, so maybe you can find some information related to you specific situation in one of these: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90...ds-101663.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited by BetteT; 13-04-2012 at 12:55 PM.
30-07-2012
rising star

On average, how much does PR cost annually? Especially amongst smaller agencies. I'm not really sure where to ask this question, but I believe it's worth asking.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
designers, funding, line, marketing, publicity