How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-10-2008
front row

Thanks Mathew!

04-10-2008
front row

Anyone can tell me more about IFM???

I checked the site and I the postgraduate seems to be very good!

09-10-2008
front row

Pleaseee! Anyone can tell me more about IFM?!

15-10-2008
windowshopping

Paris Institute of Fashion?
Worth doing their seminars? Yay or nay?

15-10-2008
front row

first time i'm hearing abt this institute...
i studied in paris for a year..at ecole esmod internationalle
the thing abt paris is that most of the course is in french... so if thats not ur first language.. then its really hard to cope... also in my college we only had 2 courses.. stylisme and modelisme..so it lacked diversity...and the faculty was useless..so i left that college..

parsons paris is apparently supposed to be good for fashion design...

otherwise paris is mostly known for their amazing fine art courses in their various colleges!

i

windowshopping

Yeah I saw it referred to somewhere. It's not really a college but a 1 month seminar. I'm going to be studying business and one of their seminars is on fashion management and marketing. As much as I'd love to go to school in Paris, It's my third time around in uni so I have to do it via correspondence so I can work full time

15-10-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
Duperré is free, it's written on the website.
But I guess you'll have to pay your own paper, brushes etc...

For foreign students :
http://www.duperre.org/Sections/11_I...seInternat.htm

For some inquiries, try to mail them:
direction@duperre.org

Their open days are in February generally.

I don't know if Duperré is 'the best' fashion schools, but I can tell you it's better than the majority off all those private fashion schools where you don't learn a thing with crappy tutors ... that's my opnion.
Perhaps some private schools are excelellent ( Chambre Syndicale ) but the worst of this is ESMOD.
This schools doesn't give a damn about their students, or maybe, just their wallets ...

i totally agree ... i was at esmod for a year..and i was an international student.
firstly...there is no divesity in courses...its either fashion drawing or pattern drafting and stitching... and the teachers there really don't give a **** abt making you learn the technique...and i hated my pattern drafting teacher!!!

the hours were horrible 8:00 to 1:00.. and 3:00 to 5:00

and even though i was in the international section most of our course was taught in french...

oh..and none of us spoke french..and they didnt make an effort to teach us the language..while the kids in the french section were given english tuitions!!

tuition fee is almost as much as UAL... and honestly the school is not good...
there is no campus..and renting a bloody studio was 700 euros...

and you could only miss 3 days a month...

and some of the teachers were racists...and favoritism is quite a key feature there!

the international section started out with 30 students...5 left by the end of the first semester... and i left by the second... all the other students competed the year and then decided to find other colleges in london , new york, italy and other such places...

so who ever is applying to esmod!!! please think abt it..really carefully!!
i was 16 when i got in..and honestly i ruined my life by going there...
i'm 19 now..and am finaly getting back on my feet..and applying to REAL art and fashion colleges!

front row

Birth of Mode, Pleeease!

Do you know tell me more about the Post Graduate at "Institut français de la mode"?!

16-10-2008
front row

is parsons paris any good?

16-10-2008
front row

most of the students are either transfers from new york....
or are studying in paris for 2 years..and then doing their final year at parsons in ny!!
but its really nice!!
i have a few friends there.. n they quite like it..
you also get more opportunities to work in the industry...
my friend was interning with ungaro!

front row

but apparently...le chambre syndicale de couture..or hwatever it is called is supposed to be really really good...
so if ur fluent with french...plz go there!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynn_plastic View Post
Birth of Mode, Pleeease!

Do you know tell me more about the Post Graduate at "Institut français de la mode"?!
some of my friends graduated overthere. it's THE best school in Paris for fashion studies. You meet a lot of important person .... and the teachers are good, as well ...
My friends had people coming to the class for special interventions from Mr Toledano (Dior) to people from big showrooms, and not only high fashion .... because most of the money in fashion industry isn't there, but in showrooms with cheaper brands, but bigger distribution .... don't know exactly how to explain all this in english ....

though i don't know what you want to do exactly, my friend were in something more about marketing, management etc. cannot remember the name of their cursus.
at the end of your year, you have a 6 months internship to do.
it costs basically 9000€, but there are a lot of fundations - especially for foreigners students.

anyway, if you wanna go GO !!! it's a great school with A LOT of relations into the fashion world .....

16-10-2008
front row

OMG! Thank goodness!

I love the course, at the site they explains all that happens in the course! All the partners and the people who coming to teach! I love to know that course it's the best!

Thank you indeed!

I wanna get the postgraduate of "Fashion Design".

16-10-2008
scenester

Mod'Art International
I have a couple questions regarding this fashion school in Paris. I've posted in the fashion school posts here, but never got a response. Hoping maybe someone who has attended will see this topic and be able to help me.

I'm interested in their MBA in fashion management. On their website it says the program is 3 terms, does that mean 3 years? Also, when does the program start, as in what month? None of this info is on their website. I've emailed them but got no response.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

17-10-2008
scenester

I am from the United States and am planning on applying to Mod'Art in Paris. I'm a bit confused by the documentations that they want for their application process. Anyone who has applied to schools overseas and could help would be great!

They want:

-School/university reports (this would just be transcripts from my college I am assuming)

-Copy of your diploma.
How do I do this? Just scan in my diploma and print out a copy to mail
to them?

-Copy of your passport.
How do I do this as well? Just take pictures of my passport, print them
out and mail?

-2 photos.
Can they just be any photos? Or do they usually want passport type
photos?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chardon, fashion, french, ifa, paris, savard, schools, speakers