How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2008
front row

^

they mean photocopy...colour or black and white will do...

and photo should be passpoert sized 50x50 was what i used when i was in paris...

yes and they mean your transcripts....
so i guess ur from ur uni...and ur high school(maybe)

how come they havent asked for a letter of rec???

17-10-2008
scenester

birth.of.mode -

Thanks for your help. About the letters of rec, they did ask for those but I didn't put that in my above post because I understood that part haha. I was only mentioning the parts that I wasn't clear on.

Do you know anything about Mod'Art? I'm still having trouble finding out when their program starts (what month), and when you need to have the application turned in by.

17-10-2008
front row

mod'art... no ..not really..buti'm goin and having a look at their website..

ok so i just saw the website..and i nguess its relatively new...coz the alumni profiles page said "coming soon"...

are you doing a course in fashion creation or management?

they have internships with designers like chanel and comme des garcons...so its definitely better than my old college(esmod)...
i just hope that u find some one whoz actually been to that college..coz its always better to here what the students say..
anyway..i hope ur applying to london as well...
coz honestly nothing beats the university of arts london!

backstage pass

Anyone has information and/or comments about the Summer school of one month at ESMOD? I have no formation in Fashion at all.. But I would like to try something before thinking of starting a 3yrs program.
Thanks a lot!

02-11-2008
front row

Anyone can tell more about the Institut Français de la mode?

PLXXX!

03-11-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaïsss View Post
Anyone has information and/or comments about the Summer school of one month at ESMOD? I have no formation in Fashion at all.. But I would like to try something before thinking of starting a 3yrs program.
Thanks a lot!
if its ESMOD paris...DONT GO THERE!!! trust me!!!

look at all of my posts above...

although if its only for a month..then there is no harm in going there..but dont expect to get a formal diploma or certification...

backstage pass

Thanks birth.of.mode

Ill try to find something else. Do you know any other school in Paris (program in french) for summer school?

03-11-2008
front row

i'm sure parsons paris has one! and its a pretty good college...
but if u find something in chambre syndicale...then that would be amazing!

front row

wow this thread seems to be very very useful and informative to me!!!

I'm thinking of taking bachelor degree in journalism, concentrate in fashion. I am now taking bachelor degree in psychology, concentrate in social psychology and I've been suffering enough doing the stuff because psychology isn't my passion. does anyone know whether there's any college in paris/france have fashion journalism major? I've been learning french for almost 2 years, so I hope my french would have been fluent enough by the time I graduate from my college. thank you!!!!

09-11-2008
scenester

I would love to take some pattern making courses, just to broaden myself, but higher education in France is so rigid! If you haven't been set on going to a certain school or studying in a certain topic since you were 15, you're behind lol. So I'm stuck for now in boring old history and science po.

For Americans reading this, I think it would be much easier to take introductory courses in the US since the American system is more fluid and there are many smaller (public) schools which are easy to get into. Seriously, if it's a choice between ESMOD and a no-name public school in the US, US will be cheaper and you'll learn just as much.

front row

hahahah so true...esmod just wastes ur time..trust me.. i'm abt 2 billion miles from where i want to be!

trendsetter

Hi, I´m studing journalism in Spain and when I´ll finished I would like to study fashion and stylisim in other country, like Paris or Milano. What do you think is the best French Fashion School? I would like to know your opinion, it´s very important for me.

Many thanks,
Carolyn.

22-11-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynn_plastic View Post
Anyone can tell more about the Institut Français de la mode?

PLXXX!
I've heard my frd is hard to get in ~they prefer u've experiences abt 2-3 yrs, In fact, u can find all the course details form their site.
And my teacher of styliseme is from IFM, but my french is not really good, so I cant get any informations for u now, but maybe later~~

front row

The course of Esmod is good??

xx

V.I.P.

I searched this thread and there's a lot of comments already here aboout Esmod; Here's the results of my search ... if you want to read back in this same thread and look at those posts. http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...rchid=11149614

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chardon, fashion, french, ifa, paris, savard, schools, speakers