How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-06-2009
fashion insider

I'm on the site right now, and they do welcome foreign students:
"those students will be recruited, based on their work and a CV. They will then be able to study for a period of 3 to 12 months.
Beside the normal course in the domain they will be studying, they can also take special classes: french, history of art, cultural studies of paris, plastique expression, living models, etc, and others that will be put in place if needed.
Remarque: at the end of the period of studies, a certificate will be delivered to the student, specifying the nature, number of hours and appreciation of the teachers.

When the student sends in his request to study in the school, he will need to send:
a CV,
a motivation letter explaining the reason he wants to study in that precise section, the level of studies he already has, and a brief description of his professional projects or searches.
a photocopy of his diplomas
a folder with his previous personnel work or a cd.
Remarque: the documents must be translated in either french or english, and the folders won't be sent back.

Date limits:
For the first semester: end of may
For the second semester: end of october

the documents sent will be examined by a jury who will transmit it's decision to the candidate before end of june or end of november.

Eventually before entering for sure the school, the student will be submitted to a french test, and have to give some precise documents.
[...]"

that's some of the stuff they have on the page about the foreign students.
Hope it helps

05-06-2009
rising star

thanks for the detailed info! It sounds like a really prestigious school.

fashion insider

Well I don't if they are considered that way, it's just that they are public schools, and so a lot of people try to get in.
They're associated to three other schools: Boulle, Estienne, ENSMA, and Olivier de Serre. (I think those are the ones...) They work the same way, but only ENSMA does fashion design. So if ever you want to get your chances up, try both

fashion icon

i am wondering if anyone in here recently has been attending Chambre Syndicale or has graduated from the school
i read the very old posts from 2007 at the begining of the thread and it seems like this school is very busy in schedule and learn a lot a lot.
i am actually in the pits of the current school i am attending, which is LCF...cough cough. for my course, we only have like 7 hours of lesson each week for a full time tuition! ridiculous. anyways, i am looking for a school that i feel like i can get a lot out of if i am going to pay around 10,000. which is the price i am paying at lcf.

i hear chambre syndicale is a very good school. but i dont know anyone who goes there and whether or not this school will be a mistake.

is it pointless to go there if i currently don't understand french? i am planning on taking french lessons.

14-06-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUXU View Post
i am wondering if anyone in here recently has been attending Chambre Syndicale or has graduated from the school
i read the very old posts from 2007 at the begining of the thread and it seems like this school is very busy in schedule and learn a lot a lot.
i am actually in the pits of the current school i am attending, which is LCF...cough cough. for my course, we only have like 7 hours of lesson each week for a full time tuition! ridiculous. anyways, i am looking for a school that i feel like i can get a lot out of if i am going to pay around 10,000. which is the price i am paying at lcf.

i hear chambre syndicale is a very good school. but i dont know anyone who goes there and whether or not this school will be a mistake.

is it pointless to go there if i currently don't understand french? i am planning on taking french lessons.
Yes, it's totally pointless, They use french only, even the teachers can speak english. Year 3 will be the hardest year, 7 hours is totally unbelivable, sometimes we have class from 9am-6pm.

V.I.P.

^Is it difficult being a foreign student there? Finding housing, dealing with visas, etc?

15-06-2009
fashion icon

i see, thank you for your honest answer. i plan on finishing my second year at lcf while study french intensively. what if i am able to apply and start from their second year? would 1 year of fully living in paris and allowing myself to get used to the language help me with the 3rd year?
how is 3rd year the hardest in your opinion?
have you finish all 4 years or are you currently on 3rd year?

15-06-2009
backstage pass

It's difficult for foriegn students...especially the paper work, Because french are famous for their wonderful costumer service and excellent english.....lol, just depends on luck " touch wood", I 've met some nice ppl there.

MUXU: I've finished my 2nd year, It's just my frd who have finished 3rd yr told me that they all think 3 yr is the hardest. Lots of exam and pressure, and it's definately help to spend 1 year fully living in paris. Because I've learn french before and it's like useless when I arrived. U should try 3rd yr, because Actaully I think it's kind of easy to getting into this school....

Good luck to u all, if u want to know something more, ask me...!

XOXO

rising star

Hi matthewthew, can you elaborate on the entrance requirements for chambre syndicale?
And how is the one-year modelisme class? Is it only for students who already completed a fashion degree?

thanks

V.I.P.

Thanks matthewthew! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!

16-06-2009
fashion icon

wow thank you so much mathewthew!
what are some techniques you learned in 1st and 2nd year? im afraid my techniques are not as good or as fully learned to just join in with 3rd year.
how are the students in your class finding this course? are there a lot of students? cause it seemed from last year's graduates that there were not so many by 4th year

16-06-2009
V.I.P.

did you ask la chambre syndicale about their tuition prices, muxu? in your e-mail to them

16-06-2009
fashion icon

the fee for international is around 10,000 isnt it? that digit at least...

they still havent reply to my email. probably because i wrote in english...so they ignored me

edit: forget what i said. i just checked my email. they replied. basically they just said i am too late to apply for this coming year but i should make an appointment to see the school director in december.

Last edited by MUXU; 16-06-2009 at 02:13 PM.
17-06-2009
windowshopping

Ifm
just got an offer from IFM accessory MA :p, anyone will go there in sept?

18-06-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by johle View Post
just got an offer from IFM accessory MA :p, anyone will go there in sept?
Amazing congraulation, I'm from Hong Kong 2....
I'm in paris now.....lol~:p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chardon, fashion, french, ifa, paris, savard, schools, speakers