How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-06-2011
front row

is there anyone here applying to ifm? i am waiting for my answer... and im scared...

15-06-2011
fashion insider

I don't know if anyone has, but I'm crossing my fingers for you! Hope you make it!

front row

Thanks!
If I will get in, everybody will know that.
But if you will not ever get to hear from, the answer was no and it means I died from a deep depression.

09-07-2011
windowshopping

IFM Paris: Share your experience
Hi all,

I've been interested in studying the Postgraduate Fashion Design Program IFM in Paris. I know you would have to go through a rigorous application process to get in (but that's something I'll have to work out for myself). What I'd like to know how any of you, past or present students found the coursework and is it something a graduate student can benefit from?

Han.

03-09-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisika View Post
I go to Parsons and my sister goes to Marangoni, both schools in Paris. Feel free to send me a msg if you have questions regarding those two schools
Hey,

I am new to Fashion Industry and am 29 yrs old. I want a career change and do a Fashion Design course. I am thinking of undertaking the 1year intense course in Marangoni. Can you provide us some input on how these 1 year course are in Marangoni and are they worth it? Do the student get job post 1 year intense course or they have to take up another course after tht?

Also, How is the job scene for International students after this 1 year course?

Thanks a bunch!

06-09-2011
windowshopping

does anyone knows which public schools offer a master's degree? I am interested about Duperré but i don't understand what it DSSA, BTS etc.

06-09-2011
fashion insider

I don't think france has a real master's degree in fashion. A masters degree comes after a licence and that in university.

Those DSSA and BTS are other diploma's, some are for people that have already finished other studies. So if you already have a diploma from after the BAC (or high school) you don't need to really worry about choosing just go for what flots your boat.

(after for duperre, it's public and has a good reputation, but I checked out the school I find it to be more art driven and I read there's only one designer that really made it great after studying there... that's just my two cents )

windowshopping

Thank you for your reply

I have a bachelor's (licence) in Fashion Design so I don'twant to learn the basics. I need something more advanced and I don't know what to choose.

Do you like Studio Bercot? You are studying there, right?

06-09-2011
fashion insider

Okk, well i'll go check out the differences between dsaa and bts etc for you and translate so you can find what you like

I only had a half day yesterday so they talked about what we were going to be doing and what we needed. So far the teachers seem awesome, my sewing teacher actually works on ads for vogue and then consults for adam kimmel and such. My schedule is pretty cool, only class the morning and monday afternoon (though im pretty sure there's more because i dont have my drawing ones in there yet.) the classes sound interesting between the sewing, knitting, trends, drawing, going to the museum and shopping. and in march they send students to work at shows during fashion week. And people that have studied here now work at chanel, dazed and confused, chloe, buyers for big stores, plus there was isabelle marant, veronique leroy, lolita lempicka and gaspard yurkievich. They put an emphasis on the fact we are learning a job and they are open to discusion and exchange. Its not so much teachers like in high school but adults and professionals dealing with equals and teaching us our futur career.
Posted via Mobile Device

06-09-2011
windowshopping

Thanks! everything you say about studio bercot sounds so great! It's a public school?
Posted via Mobile Device

06-09-2011
fashion insider

Unfortunately it isn't and is quit pricey for a french school. But fashion wise there's really only Duperre. The others are about the same as Bercot. The other known ones are Esmod and Atelier Chardon savard: the first one is rumored to be interested by the students money but a lot of houses take interns from there, and the second has more eccentric students (apparently).

I just looked on the duperre website and it says that the DSAA is the equivalent of a Masters, that it helps students already formed in fashion extend their knowledge of clothes, accessories, housing, cosmetics, design, edition, shows and communication.

I can translate more if this interests you

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gian-franco View Post
what do you think of Modart? especially businesess courses there? as much as i have read this thread,t his school has been left outside... unless i missed smth..
Sorry, I haven't seen your answer before. I seems nice, but it's private. I ended up going to CSM in London for a summer course, but now I'm thinking about Paris again. I'm looking for a master, but it should be in a public university.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh! La La View Post
does anyone knows which public schools offer a master's degree? I am interested about Duperré but i don't understand what it DSSA, BTS etc.
I like this one, the DSAA mode & environnement, are you going to apply, Ohh! La La?

I also found one master2 program at l'Université de la mode (it's part of the Université Lumière Lyon 2), but it's not in Paris. I've found out that the Université Lumière Lyon 2 is a public one, so would the fashion one be public too?

31-10-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuLuize View Post

I also found one master2 program at l'Université de la mode (it's part of the Université Lumière Lyon 2), but it's not in Paris. I've found out that the Université Lumière Lyon 2 is a public one, so would the fashion one be public too?
yeah, it is a public one - i studied there for my erasmus studies, just not fashion
Lyon is not a very exciting city but if you try really really hard, you might also find something to do there.
but - i am still studying (at LCF) and maybe I am not the most experienced person to advise you, but I know that, you know that, we all know that this is the field there having knowledge is great, but having great connections is even greater! So I would only propose going to the real fashion cities and start building your network - cause it doesn't come in one day. I study here at LCF now and of course there are some things we don't like, but I am really happy to be here - thats a world known school and we get to meet industry insiders. It's really exciting!

backstage pass

I haven't posted here in a long time so maybe someone has already said it - but I would like to issue a warning for Istituto Marangoni Paris's 3-year programs. Would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

front row

Why MimiV?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chardon, fashion, french, ifa, paris, savard, schools, speakers