How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2011
rising star

Thanks, gian-franco. That's true about the cities, I was thinking about the public aspect and forgot about it, better focus on Paris.

16-11-2011
front row

hi! i wanted to ask about international fashion academy in paris.
http://ifa-edu.cn/ifaen/curriculumMa...r/mastersIntro
what do you think about it? i'm interested in masters programs like fashion business, or fashion management.. can someone recommend me a good school? is ifa valid?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjon View Post
Why MimiV?
That essay is too long to post here, if you are about to apply or something PM me and I will go into detail. However, the summary is that it is a school where you learn very little, pay quite a lot and that many industry people in Paris have never heard about. There are no books, but there are two open-bar parties per year without sponsors, care to guess how they fund that?

I did one year of fashion business and in my program there are always two classes the first year and only one small one the second year. I first assumed this was because of the competition, but quickly learned that no it is simply because people realize their mistake and get out. I did enjoy three of my classes, but the rest were a not-so-funny joke. We once spent more than an hour having a serious discussion on how you should act when entering a luxury boutique.... and I have plenty more examples like that.

fashion insider

From my experience up to now, I'm really liking my school, and listening to people here and fellow students who have come from other schools, Studio Bercot is pretty good. (but they don't do masters and such)

19-11-2011
V.I.P.

which is the best school in paris for perfume-making courses? Does anyone know?!?!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_like_a_rose View Post
hi! i wanted to ask about international fashion academy in paris.
http://ifa-edu.cn/ifaen/curriculumMa...r/mastersIntro
what do you think about it? i'm interested in masters programs like fashion business, or fashion management.. can someone recommend me a good school? is ifa valid?
IFM would be the best school in Paris for a master fashion management and marketing school.

front row

thank you for answering!

windowshopping

im looking to apply for Masters in fashion too, more towards marketing and advertising. I can speak both english and french. Which school would you recommande ? thank you for your help if there is any suggestion please feel free to pm me

06-08-2012
Amour Comme Hiver

I've noticed that the majority of the discussions on this thread are related to design- certainly understandable, given that Paris is the fashion capital of the world- but does anyone have words about ESMOD's postgrad program in fashion marketing? If ESMOD really is "the FIDM of Paris," does that mean that their fashion business programs are stronger than their design programs? I've heard the connections are top notch, and they have a pretty impressive post grad placement rate I believe.

It'd certainly be a financial burden, but no more so than the vast majority of domestic fashion schools (I'm in the US), even with airfare and living expenses.

27-08-2012
windowshopping

hey i´m looking for an intership to france, i´ve heard a lot of esmod, and parsons paris, but in order to apply for the intership i need the study plans and compare it with the plan that i curse, my studies in mexico last 4 years and a half and i´m looking for being there the the whole semester, btw if someone had the study plans of any fashion collage of france please share it with me.... my facebook is rey villanueva

28-08-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post
I've noticed that the majority of the discussions on this thread are related to design- certainly understandable, given that Paris is the fashion capital of the world- but does anyone have words about ESMOD's postgrad program in fashion marketing? If ESMOD really is "the FIDM of Paris," does that mean that their fashion business programs are stronger than their design programs? I've heard the connections are top notch, and they have a pretty impressive post grad placement rate I believe.

It'd certainly be a financial burden, but no more so than the vast majority of domestic fashion schools (I'm in the US), even with airfare and living expenses.
I believe IFM is the best post grad fashion business school in Paris.
But Ive heard the ESMOD one is not bad..but I think they have another name instead of ESMOD

Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post

I got accepted to MODSPE Paris http://www.modspe.com/en/index.html (my course is starting this October) and took the Business Management and Fashion marketing course. They have a post-grad program for International Marketing of Fashion Products and offer a MBA in International Fashion Brand Management. I believe the placement rate is 85% within the 6 months after obtaining your diploma.

Hope it helps!

rising star

Hello shaking things up here again, too bad these topics are much quieter than the model ones...

I'm thinking of doing a one month course in Paris in 2013 summer. My french is rather basic but I'm a quick learner and I'd like to know more about textiles in particular before heading for patternmaking and sketching and sewing.

Perhaps any of you know something?

thanks!

03-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea.RL View Post
From my experience up to now, I'm really liking my school, and listening to people here and fellow students who have come from other schools, Studio Bercot is pretty good. (but they don't do masters and such)
I love that in one year I have pretty much changed opinions about the whole thing. '

14-03-2014
windowshopping

IFA Paris
Hi. I am looking for fashion schools in Europe that accept international students and I found online a school named IFA (International Fashion Design) Paris. Does anyone know about it? Is it good? I've been looking through the universities' posts but I couldn't find anything about it.

This is the website: http://www.ifaparis.com/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chardon, fashion, french, ifa, paris, savard, schools, speakers