How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-09-2006
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks
Duperre - it's a public school, so the "admission" is pretty hard. but it's less expensive than Studio Berçot.
Duperre is quite very good, i have attented one of their graduate 'open days'

to be honest, their textile department is much better than their fashion design section

18-09-2006
backstage pass

I think to go to parsons paris you must to be in parsons and apply to their study abroad. But just go to the website and check it out.

21-09-2006
backstage pass

you can also just apply to parsons paris and do all 4 years there

24-09-2006
DÔMMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papercut Crisis
I was thinking about going abroad this summer and studying fashion design if I could select a place I wanted to go. Is there a school in france where I could get by with English and whatever french I can pick up or should I just go with London or Marangoni in Italy?
i think parsons is the only one that teaches fashion design in english during summer...
anyway i would like to study FASHIONDESIGN in Paris next summer... anyone knows about other schools with SUMMERSESSION(language isn't a problem...I SPEAK BOTH french and english)

front row

yeah..is parsons paris better than parsons ny?

29-09-2006
trendsetter

^i dont think so.

30-09-2006
backstage pass

My 2-month initial plan turned into a full blown job offer so here I m in Paris.
While working full time I plan to attend private courses on fashion. That should be fun. Any private courses at the mentioned above schools or do they offer degrees only

13-10-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaLP
http://www.mod-art.org/

They teach fashion design and management. I studied design there for a year.
I was accepted at ESMOD and Mod'Art, and I choose the French Fashion Design course at Mod'Art. It's an one year program, and I'm really liking it.

The professors are all working in the fashion industry, along with the teaching career. We have a looooot of work and researchs to do, I think that will be a really good year.

If anyone wants any information or any help, tell me. I'm in Paris since sept. 27 and will be here till the end of august 2007.

15-10-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylegurrl
I had the same experience with them. When I e-mailed them a second time, in French (although very basic) they replied promptly. It's strange-a couple of the schools have web pages in English but no one there can speak the language.
I've send them a english e-mail...
and they've replied me....??~

15-10-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliana Ozol
I was accepted at ESMOD and Mod'Art, and I choose the French Fashion Design course at Mod'Art. It's an one year program, and I'm really liking it.

The professors are all working in the fashion industry, along with the teaching career. We have a looooot of work and researchs to do, I think that will be a really good year.

If anyone wants any information or any help, tell me. I'm in Paris since sept. 27 and will be here till the end of august 2007.
Halo, juliana.....
I found there is two course call "fashion design, fashion clothing and accessoires, pattern-making"and "French Fashion Design"....
What's the different between them?

15-10-2006
front row

Location: In my mind, I live in Paris! Otherwise... Michigan :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfashion
My 2-month initial plan turned into a full blown job offer so here I m in Paris.
While working full time I plan to attend private courses on fashion. That should be fun. Any private courses at the mentioned above schools or do they offer degrees only
ILUVFASHION, if I may ask, what are you doing in Paris? i.e: what is this job? I was just wondering...

15-10-2006
front row

Location: In my mind, I live in Paris! Otherwise... Michigan :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliana Ozol

Juliana, could I ask what the qualifications were for you to get admitted into these fashion programs? Do you have a strong design background, are you fluent in French, is there an age requirement? Also, on another note, how did you find the process of moving to Paris - was it completely arduous?

02-11-2006
front row

olivier theyskens went to chambre syndicale, yeah (though he dropped out). has anyone gone there? how's the instruction?
also, i talked to some french people and they said that fashion schools in france were not as good as central saint martins. anyone know about this?
any info would be great. thanks!

02-11-2006
front row

what is chambre syndicale's requirements for portfolio?

09-11-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmelots1983
Juliana, could I ask what the qualifications were for you to get admitted into these fashion programs? Do you have a strong design background, are you fluent in French, is there an age requirement? Also, on another note, how did you find the process of moving to Paris - was it completely arduous?
I have studied in a fashion school in Brazil for 5 years, so I already know a few things. I have made a graduation collection, all by myself, since the pattern making, sewing and embroideries. U can check at http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ork-44061.html

In my class at Mod'Art there are a few students that have never studied fashion before, others had studied for 2, 3 years, so it's really mixed. Depends a lot on the course you choose and the school.

when I first got here I didn't spoke french, that's why I couldn't study at ESMOD. My course is in english and french, one year program, so it's a nice option for who doesn't speak french and want's to stay here for a short period of time. My moving process was quite easy, but it was almost an exception...

I live at Cité Unversitaire, wich is a neighborhood only for students, at 14 arrondissemente. You can enter the website (www.ciup.fr) to see the requirements to stay here, because it's a lot easier than to rent an apartment by your own.

I hope I have helped u, if u have any other questions, just ask me! I'll be glad to help

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chardon, fashion, french, ifa, paris, savard, schools, speakers