How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2007
windowshopping

Matt, i didn't really do a collection, well, sort of. I have four series of sketches with each an average of 20 sketches. Another series has about 60. But they are not separated into series, as they didn't specify that to me at la chambre syndicale. Are you thinking about applying somewhere in Paris for thius year? i remember you were also interested in ESMOD, but i would try la chambre syndicale before.

06-04-2007
fashion insider

I'm currently learning french right now and I'm not planning to apply until next year so I can continue learning french here. I will try to ask questions next time in frencg concerning their portfolio requirements.

13-05-2007
windowshopping

Well, i got accepted at La Chambre syndicale, a couple of weeks ago. Now i'm just doing paperwork..is there anyone here who also got accepted? or that applied?

i'm really excited!

13-05-2007
V.I.P.

Congratulations aldo! :p I hope you tell us more about the school when your courses start. I wonder if you guys do 'petits mains' type things like embroidery... or maybe that is another French school I mix up with

14-05-2007
windowshopping

Thanks!! i sure will let you know how the cookie crumbles there

16-05-2007
front row

ANYONE?? Any info would help:

can someone give me the low down on the paris fashion institute?

is this place a joke? or is the month seminar useful?

19-05-2007
fashion insider

I was wondering if any of the major schools in Paris have shorter programs. You know like a 1 year certificate program or something like that? If anyone comes across anything, let me know!!

19-05-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo View Post
Well, i got accepted at La Chambre syndicale, a couple of weeks ago. Now i'm just doing paperwork..is there anyone here who also got accepted? or that applied?

i'm really excited!
Congradulation......Aldo, so happy u can make it..
I'm too lazy too send the letter in "french", becoz my french sucks and I have lots to do about the graduation show. I hope I can send all the things at the end of may, hope it wont be too late..........

19-05-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by educo View Post
I was wondering if any of the major schools in Paris have shorter programs. You know like a 1 year certificate program or something like that? If anyone comes across anything, let me know!!
yes, Chambre Syndicale has a 1-year program with an emphasis on draping and patternmaking. I think they expect you to have some previous fashion education, though. The program is written up on their website.

http://modeaparis.com/va/ecoles/index.html

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganPatricia View Post
yes, Chambre Syndicale has a 1-year program with an emphasis on draping and patternmaking. I think they expect you to have some previous fashion education, though. The program is written up on their website.

Thank you!

25-05-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganPatricia View Post

If you already have some experience and know with what you wanna work, Chambre Syndicale also offer a 3 months program wich is called "Formation continue". It's really nice because you become really specialized in something... I'm doing the Moulage program, in 2 different levels, the first was february/april and know april/june.

I really like the classes, I'm learning sooooooo much! I really recommend the school!

Last edited by Juliana Ozol; 25-05-2007 at 01:59 PM.
26-05-2007
fashion insider

What do they consider experience? I just graduated with an Associates from Parsons, do you think that will be enough?

27-05-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by educo View Post
What do they consider experience? I just graduated with an Associates from Parsons, do you think that will be enough?
The experience is more for you to feel safe about your work, to be sure that you'll enjoy as much as you can. I'm telling you this about the short program, I don't know if it's the same for the 1 or 3 years program...

There's one lady in my class that had never worked with fashion, but there's also people that work for Balenciaga, others that have been working for 8, 10 years... We can see that as much previous experience you have, better you succeed!

But any of the cases, I think it worth the try! You just have to work a little bit harder, practice at home...

If u need something, just ask!

28-05-2007
V.I.P.

Is there any summer courses? (It's probably a tad late for this year, but I can always look into it for 2008.)

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo View Post

i'm really excited!
This is wonderful!! Tell me, did you have to send your portfolio along with the application at the same time? Or they called you in for an interview and then you showed them your portfolio? I was also wondering about the fees. I was looking at the french application and I'm pretty sure it 9800 euros per year paid in 3 installments (I live in NYC). Is this right?

I think I'm going to concentrate on this school instead of Studio Bercot. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences there!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chardon, fashion, french, ifa, paris, savard, schools, speakers