How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2008
fashion insider

^^ What and see...

TWITTER:

03-12-2008
scenester

Do any Parsons students in here have the email contact info for the Dept head of the Fashion Design program? We are looking to incorporate Parsons into a new feature on the site and I'd like to reach out to them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dana

04-12-2008
windowshopping

AAS Fashion Marketing at Parsons
Hi everyone!

I'm going to Parsons this coming Spring and will be taking up Fashion Marketing. I'm excited and a bit nervous though since I will be moving from Asia to NYC. What do you think of the Fashion Marketing program at Parsons?

Are there any Parsons Fashion Marketing students or graduates here? How did you find the program? Is the work load intense? Are students really competitive? What about the professors? What do I need to do to prepare for my classes? (like read fashion magazines, blogs or books?) Did you get internships with notable fashion companies? What was you career after graduating with that degree?

Thanks!

07-12-2008
front row

Hi,
kind of off topic but i wish to do fashion journalism in new york, do parsons have that course? and if not, where else could i go? thank you

07-12-2008
rising star

has anyone applied to parsons yet? i just tried to apply online but it seems that you have to get your portfolio+parsons challenge all in at once too.. which I am not done with yet. So would you send in all your recommendations and transcript after the online application? hm that doesn't make much sense to me, cause at other schools you can just apply to be on their database, but then you can turn in your portfolio later.

front row

who are some notable Parson's alumni besides fashion designers? I am applying to the design and management program but i haven't seen an impressive business alumni. Any famous CEO's, business managers, or buyers?

fashion insider

I don't know if you have noticed, but there is a bit of a scandal at the New School right now involving Robert B. Millard, the Treasurer of the New School board of Trustees.

Turns out he is also the chairman of military contract company that is under scrutiny for human and civil rights violation including torture.

Just thought I put it out there...

TWITTER:
10-12-2008
fashion insider

What fashion programs do they have?

14-12-2008
rising star

Parsons Certificate Program
I wanted to know if the Parsons Fashion Certificate program meant anything in the Fashion Industry? Is it even worth pursuing instead of a degree?

thanks

14-12-2008
tailored

there is already a thread on parsons...please do a search before starting a new thread...

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon058 View Post
who are some notable Parson's alumni besides fashion designers? I am applying to the design and management program but i haven't seen an impressive business alumni. Any famous CEO's, business managers, or buyers?

Reed Krakoff, president of Coach, has an AAS degree from Parsons.

16-12-2008
V.I.P.

If I apply and they say yes... and I can't afford it... I'm going to be mad.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer~ View Post
If I apply and they say yes... and I can't afford it... I'm going to be mad.
Jennifer you should look at financing options now, before you even get accepted. With the recent credit crunch it is becoming increasingly more difficult to get a private student loan (that is if you will need one to cover what federal loans, scholarships and grants dont cover). Im in the process of finalizing all my finances for a Parsons degree. Its not as easy as it used to be.

16-12-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss-V View Post
Hi,
kind of off topic but i wish to do fashion journalism in new york, do parsons have that course? and if not, where else could i go? thank you

I don't think so. I know that the Academy of Art University in San Francisco has a Fashion Journalism course (I took it online) but no fashion journalism major. I would go to a regular university to study english or journalism and try to get as many internships as possible at fashion publications. That's what I'm doing at the moment (majoring in journalism and art history), but I go to school Orange County, not in NYC, which is too bad because that's where the best magazines are.

20-12-2008
front row

Does anyone know what Parsons' fine arts undergraduate program is like? Is it good or bad?
Also, I have no idea what I should do for the Parsons Challenge. Exactly what am I supposed to draw? Things around my house? There's nothing interesting around my house tbh.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, parsons, school, york