How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-06-2007
front row

I did not stay in a dorm. Everyone else in my class did and all or the majority of them had rooms with no AC. Some were in buildings where there was a bathroom per floor, not per room. Which I find very unfair because everyone paid the same price.

06-06-2007
windowshopping

hey i did that last summer. I didnt live on campus i took the train everyday from CT it was such a bitch, but overall it was AWESOME! i met some great people! awesome teachers and had the best expirience! trust me ur gonna love it! i just wish it didnt take me back like $3000 but it was def worth it!

06-06-2007
windowshopping

i'm actually trying to decide between this and the FIT summer program! both seem to provide around the the same basics but im wondering if parsons would be better..maybe im just thinking that because it's more costly

08-06-2007
rising star

Well from what i can tell the FIT one is only perday, but parsons is like.... all day 24/7. All i know is when i called and asked about the dorm i was staying in, it's something like one block or so away, near whole foods on 6th ave. and it has central air, thank the good lord.

08-06-2007
rising star

It's been a bit of a struggle to squeeze the money out of my parents for it, but i'm personally paying for it (the housing part) with my beautiful salary at teavana (9.50 for a highschool student, plus bonus?! ha! love it.) and have only like 300 dollars to go, but my mum already put it on her card like months ago, so i know it's secure. I'm just worried i will go on a shopping frenzy when i go =(.....I hope they give me lots of homework so i can not go to any stores

21-06-2007
front row

You get a super cute t-shirt on the first day.

31-01-2008
fashion insider

i'm thinking about doing parson's entisive studies for the photography- digital video programe but i only have part of the money i need about 1,000 more. do you think it's too late for me to register because i read in an earlier post that someone waited till febuary to apply and was put on a wait list.

i really want to go but i'm a bit scared to be in nyc alone

20-11-2008
windowshopping

Has anyone done the Fashion program for college/adult students? How was it? I just signed up for summer 2009.

21-11-2008
front row

Hey! I'd like to know about the course too. Especially of Fashion Design (that require one year of fashion studies done in a school of fashion).

Anyone could help me?

windowshopping

for people who have registered for summer 2009:

i registered for session ii and received my confirmation letter, but silly me left it at school and now i'm home for winter break. the letter has a link for us to go to and print out forms that we're supposed to send in within a month. does anyone have this link? can you post it up here? i'd appreciate it so very much

18-12-2008
rising star

I am thinking of applying for the Intensive study for 2009 in fashion of course, so can you tell me how it was for you? was it worth it? I am def going to apply for scholarship, Parsons is my dream school so it would really be worth it to do the intensive study the summer before my senior year, I am a junior this year, ALAFRAMBROSIE, hit me up with your thoughts

19-12-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by annelouise View Post
for people who have registered for summer 2009:

i registered for session ii and received my confirmation letter, but silly me left it at school and now i'm home for winter break. the letter has a link for us to go to and print out forms that we're supposed to send in within a month. does anyone have this link? can you post it up here? i'd appreciate it so very much
never mind; i have it already!

16-01-2009
windowshopping

Does anyone know whether the Drawing & Design course has anything to do with fashion design?

29-01-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by toujoursenvogue View Post
Does anyone know whether the Drawing & Design course has anything to do with fashion design?
just from what i have gleamed, the drawing and design course is more for just, well drawing and design in the general sense and fashion design is more geared towards fashion drawing, i talked to a friend and asked, hope it helps. I am sending in my app this week.

windowshopping

Okay, thanks. I tried to sign up for the fashion design course but it was full. So I'm stuck with drawing + design. oh well.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
intensive, parsons, studies, summer