How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2007
trendsetter

^ (here is line 28-31)

28. Hamlet's thought of "that have an father killed, a mother stained" only ripped him in pain.

29. Laetes returned to Denmark and discorverd his sister’s madness and his father’s death;
30. Withal the returning of the cause of all the sorrow and the unwillingness to breath.
31. As he and the king laying down the evil deed, the queen rushed in – instead of the messenger –

any someone gimme some comment quick??? i need to hand that in 2mrw >.<

Last edited by jjbunny79; 07-01-2007 at 12:16 PM.

22-01-2007
backstage pass

I'm in this same situation...I need a thesis!! Has anyone written a paper on the subject of fashion history and willing to share?

22-01-2007
V.I.P.

Try here for ideas.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ory-52545.html

22-01-2007
tfs star

you need to choose something in particular, a period or time and then research in depth. i think a good period would be renaissance...lots of information about that on the web! good luck!

14-02-2007
windowshopping

Write about how fashion is a profitable business... because it is always there and appreciated... Think, people in fashion were still in business during like, Marie Antoinette's reign and they're still appreciated now.

Unlike other fields, such as... acting. That was very looked down upon in Roman times but now they're looked up to. Unstable.

15-02-2007
windowshopping

A little background information: My high school just introduced a research seminar class for grade 11 and students are allowed to pick any topic of interest to write a research paper on and eventually carry out an exhibition in front of a panel of judges.

My problem:
I wanted to do smething involving fashion design. I'm quite ineterested in garment construction, patternmaking, menswear, tailoring, etc as well as the marketing and merchandising side of the field.
My teacher just recently told my class that our topics but be arguable, in other words it should be some sort of issue that can be attacked, defended, or resolved, something that I can make a point of. The only suggestions my teachers are giving me are things involving body image or psychology involving the fashion industry, which I'm really not very interested in investing all of my time researching on.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to some sort of fashion industry topic that is researchable, and, as my teachers wish, arguable. I've also got to have a topic in which I can find an outside source, meaning some sort of member of the fashion community that I could talk to and get information from.
Any input at all would be extremely helpful and much appreciated!
Thanks

15-02-2007
trendsetter

I'm in an Intro To Women's Studies class and I have to write a 6-8 page paper due at the end of the semester about a contemporary issue that can relate to women's, gender, and/or sexuality studies. Any ideas?

15-02-2007
More Old Skool Than You

I love education. I'd be a nerd if my grades weren't so bad. I'm just a geek. Anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip t mo
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to some sort of fashion industry topic that is researchable, and, as my teachers wish, arguable.
Without raising any issues (at least in this thread) about weight issues, how about the recent model weight issues in the industry? You can go for for days about it. Sociology, psychology, anthropology, every kind of -ogoly, hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflyandgemmafan
Any ideas?
Yes. What came to mind first was women that beat their men. I think they'll find it interesting and it's something that would be totally unexpected, as I'm sure the teacher will get back 30 papers on things they've read a hundred times before.

the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourboltmain
Yes. What came to mind first was women that beat their men. I think they'll find it interesting and it's something that would be totally unexpected, as I'm sure the teacher will get back 30 papers on things they've read a hundred times before.
Brilliant idea--I second this! You're right, teachers consistently receive papers that are akin to one another; I'm sure they take pleasure in reading innovative and original subjects.

V.I.P.

Hi guys, I have an essay due for my Internet Studies class on the reliability of Wikipedia! I have to produce an argument using original ideas but I'm so stuck! Please help!

16-02-2007
the crying of humanity

Wikipedia: Not reliable. I suppose if you want to get technical, you can discuss how Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and everyone with access to a computer, and editing Bill Clinton's article to say that he has died is as easy as opening a can of soda.

Wikipedia is an amazingly innovative concept -- using the power of the millions of Internet users to create a website filled with countless pieces of information -- but unfortunately, people abuse the website. Face it, people can be utterly convincing! I could write an elaborate paragraph on something that isn't even true and edit someone's article and post it in, and chances are people would believe me. To put it in a nutshell, Wikipedia is good for casual reading and nothing else.

I feel like I've gotten somewhat off-topic, but oh well--I'm passionate for debating!

V.I.P.

^agree with seanbutter..
the proffessors at my university despise to see wikipedia cited in essays. Mind you, they don't prohibit us from referencing it from time to time, as long as we confirm the facts.

It may be ridiculous in some aspects, but i still see it in a more positive light.

19-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushka_BeLLa
Hi guys, I have an essay due for my Internet Studies class on the reliability of Wikipedia! I have to produce an argument using original ideas but I'm so stuck! Please help!
to judge if a article in wikipedia is relliable or not, go to the article's talk page and any label that say if that article is biased or lack of sources or things like that. most importantly look at the reference at the bottom and external links. those are the actualy reliable source than the actual itself (i knoe that because im one the the editor in wiki )

V.I.P.

If someone speaks fluent French, could they help me with a short essay?

22-04-2007
V.I.P.

Well, here is the sentence. Is it correct?

My stomach was so full that I thought that it would burst.
Mon estomac était très plein que j'ai pensé qu'il éclaterait.

Merci

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands, case, celebrity, fashion, homework, industry, influencing, inspired, internet, lifestyle, luxury, needing, nurses, quick, research, student, studies, university