How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-05-2008
front row

Older runway photos for project?
Hi tfsers,

Hi was wondering if there are any sites or photo agencies that have access to older runway photos - like past 1995?

I ask this because I am looking for some old Dolce & Gabbana runway shows for a paper I am writing. I checked out firstview, and they stopped at 1996. Any other sites or resources I should check out?

Thanks for any help!

28-05-2008
front row

Oh thanks for moving my thread!!

28-05-2008
V.I.P.

sry i cant help^
aw what a sweet thread ! I can't wait to get help for you all when college starts back up haha

12-06-2008
backstage pass

Popular famous Denim Jeans Popular Styles
I am doing some research and I needed some help. Does anyone know which jean style is the most popular for the following brands ??
Hudson
True Religion
Joes
Rock Republic

For example for J brand their most popular best selling jean is LOVE STORY and for Paige Denim its Laurel Canyon. Thanks

12-06-2008
backstage pass

Tell me if I am right here/ True Religion Joey, Joes Honey or Socialite, Hudson Stella Skinny, rock n republic Kurt???
I need the oldest most popular jean that jean that has been around a while and is very popular

14-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_killed_couture View Post
Hi tfsers,

Hi was wondering if there are any sites or photo agencies that have access to older runway photos - like past 1995?

I ask this because I am looking for some old Dolce & Gabbana runway shows for a paper I am writing. I checked out firstview, and they stopped at 1996. Any other sites or resources I should check out?

Thanks for any help!
I don't know about that designer, but you might have to go look at books at the library instead... For example I found many books on looks from old collections by the original Kenzo, Chanel, Balenciaga, Comme des Garcons, Yohji Yamamoto, Vivienne Westwood, etc. which is so much harder to find online

25-06-2008
windowshopping

West Meets East
Hi all,

I am doing a research for my essay. I hope you guys out there could help me out with this.

As seen in some designers work, there are co-operations of west and east culture.

Will it become a bigger trend in the near future? Who else are using it?
Who is the first one who started mixing up western and eastern culture? What is his/her inspirations?
How has this trend been developing so far. What are the general feedback from other designers, media, and public?

And what do you think about this combinations?

Any suggestions on where else to find related informations?

Many Thanks,

Best Regard.

25-06-2008
front row

most directional designers?
I was just wondering... doing some research on footwear - who are the most directional designers at the moment who will be "setting the trends" for the next few seasons? Any clues?

Thanks

26-06-2008
fashion icon

Martin Margiela
Stefano Pilati
Nicholas Ghesquire
Marni
Prada
Chloe under Phoebe Philo and later Yvan Mispleare
Marc Jacobs

I feel like all these designer more or less sway the rest of the women's fashion market each influencing their own niche and sometimes blurring (like Prada and Marni or Chloe and Marc). As much as I love designers like Alber at Lanvin or Rick Owens, they're influential but rarely do they set the pace. I feel with all the designers I listed you can clearly track directional collections, when they were introduced, and a major shift in design after their introduction.

26-06-2008
V.I.P.

this is not exactly a homework but would you help me?
previous year the MAX entrance points to uni were 144. this year it's 480. last year the entrance points to medicine were 138. this year they will be about 430-435. last year the entrance points to my department were 104. i have 403 points. does this mean i'm in? thank you in advance!

02-07-2008
windowshopping

Please Help- Looking for a color book
Hello everyone,
I hope I put this in the right section please feel free to move it, also I looked and looked and but could not find a thread with the same topic, but if there is one feel free to delete it.

Okay my question:

I've been looking for a book (for a long time) that gives me a list of colors and there real name. I need this for when I write papers for school and I need to describe something clothes or collections or something. Thank you for your time and any help you can give me!

**Note I'm not looking a website (beside screen res. can lie lol) and I don't need computer number code of the color.

Thank you!!!

P.S. I'm new here and would like to say Hello to everyone!

V.I.P.

you mean like Pantone?

02-07-2008
rising star

i could be wrong but each company/industry names their color collections differently. besides the basics of course, blue, red, yellow etc... but since Pantone is the world unofficial standard it might be best to go with them

02-07-2008
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyNeverJoe View Post
Hello everyone,
I hope I put this in the right section please feel free to move it, also I looked and looked and but could not find a thread with the same topic, but if there is one feel free to delete it.

Okay my question:

I've been looking for a book (for a long time) that gives me a list of colors and there real name. I need this for when I write papers for school and I need to describe something clothes or collections or something. Thank you for your time and any help you can give me!

**Note I'm not looking a website (beside screen res. can lie lol) and I don't need computer number code of the color.

Thank you!!!

P.S. I'm new here and would like to say Hello to everyone!
when i was working on placement with a designer generally they made up their own names for colours for example truffle, coffee etc. if you want an exact colour reference then pantone would be used since someones perception of a colour name could be different to another person.

for example i always got truffle and coffee mixed up since the truffle colour was darker than the coffee colour. the coffee was beige and the truffle a dark brown and because of the names in my head i thought these woulc be the other way around.

not of much help but i have only really used pantone as a universal reference.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
03-07-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionCopious View Post
i could be wrong but each company/industry names their color collections differently. besides the basics of course, blue, red, yellow etc... but since Pantone is the world unofficial standard it might be best to go with them
yep I think colours are "designed" in each collection
so they become unique to that designer

but Pantone is good

also, common colour names can be found in artist's paints ..
so check any book that talks about acrylics, paints, pastels, pencil crayons, watercolours, illustration, etc.
you'll find a list containing like alizarin crimson, cerulean/cobalt/ultramarine blue, lemon yellow, ochre, burnt sienna and so on

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands, case, celebrity, fashion, homework, industry, influencing, inspired, internet, lifestyle, luxury, needing, nurses, quick, research, student, studies, university