How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-08-2008
Fly my pretties... Fly!

Does anyone know a cool piece of digital arts?

08-08-2008
V.I.P.

just think BjŲrk music videos ..

09-08-2008
Fly my pretties... Fly!

Thank you so much!

Is there any one of them that is your favourite or that you find is the coolest?

10-08-2008
V.I.P.

'all is full of love' is a really popular one ^

a lot of her videos are digital i think...

also Radiohead often has good videos... they also used to do promotional vids called "blips". they're animation with a clip of music...really, really nice

my fave animated vid is Coldplay's 'Trouble'

10-08-2008
Fly my pretties... Fly!

Thank you!

17-08-2008
windowshopping

~Help needed~
Hi everyone

I have been an avid member for a while but not yet posted until now... unfortunately it is non-fashion related

I'd like to seek the help of you good people out there to spare 10minutes of your time to fill out a simple questionnaire that is part of my Msc project. I am struggling to get the desired number of responses and your contribution will be much appreciated!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...jV9G8nXQ_3d_3d

Hope this is the right place to put this! x

fashion elite

HEY dear friends!!! I need your favor!
i have to do 3 assignments for my design class they asked me to do 3 collages... one contrasting wealth and Poberty the other feminine/masc. and the last one about artic/junglistic?
the thing is that it doesn't have to be....the common ideals like a men perfume for masc. or a palm tree for jungle... Im sooooo losttttttttt do u have any original idea?? thanks in advance!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellechloe View Post
HEY dear friends!!! I need your favor!
i have to do 3 assignments for my design class they asked me to do 3 collages... one contrasting wealth and Poberty the other feminine/masc. and the last one about artic/junglistic?
the thing is that it doesn't have to be....the common ideals like a men perfume for masc. or a palm tree for jungle... Im sooooo losttttttttt do u have any original idea?? thanks in advance!
Well for the jungle vs arctic you could play on contrasting colors, shapes, and textures. The jungle would use a lot of warmer colors and of course green and the arctic would be cool colors with a lot of white. Jungles "texture" or structure i guess would be a good word, would be very busy with stuff all over the place and arctic would be more simplistic and minimal.

Same thing kinda for male and female. For male you could use more industrial jagged and straight lines and female use pictures with curves and soft lines. Also with colors masculine would be colors like navy, gray, dark green etc and feminine would be pastels etc.

So basically just find pictures that can convey those types of guidelines. I don't know if the project is asking for you to be literal by using pictures of polar bears and palm tress but if not you can easily convey those themes without being to literal.

24-08-2008
fashion elite

oh gosh thank you Merveille!!!!!!!

fashion elite

ill try to figure this out and then ill scan it for u

windowshopping

menswear vs womenswear retailing....
I'm interested in peoples thoughts and opinions as I start my final year university research project around menswear retailing.

I find menswear retailing quite interesting especially with respect to its contrast with the womenswear retail environment. In highstreet and department stores where menswear and womenswear are found under one roof, I think the difference between the retailing strategies are very intriguing.

Of course obvious differences such as the visual merchandising and the marketing of garments in stores are always going to be tailered specifically for the gender and demographic of the different customers, but I would be interested to hear any of the more subtle details people have found between mens and womenswear retail floors through their experiences.

Ive often found, especially at the lower end and middle market high street that menswear sections will always be as you walk into store. Men in general do not "like" to shop and it is often therefore more strategic to place the menswear collections immediately at front of store so as not to deter men from having to walk uncomfortably through womenwear or accessories etc. to find something they may be after.
I also often find menswear retailing on the high street to be generally more uncreative and more sort of spoon feeding to the male customer. In other words, garments and key pieces are often displayed uncomplicatedly, with little fuss.

Obviously things start to get blurred as you move up the market, high end menswear retailing is obviously going to be more about the luxury environment and the more "discerning" male, however Im also interested in places such as American Apparel who seem to blur mens and womenswear retailing on the high street. Personally I see AA as challenging the preconceived idea that menswear and womenswear need to be totally disconnected and somewhat encourage men to browse or purchase items which might be considered womenswear through a quite androgynous approach.

So anyway if any guys, or girls, have any comments or any thoughts on menswear vs womenswear, Id be interested in hearing them. Thoughts on retailers who get menswear right and those who do not. Also, tactics and strategies you've seen employed on menswear floors in an attempt to make the average, uncomfortable male shopper, feel more relaxed in a retail environment....

Fly my pretties... Fly!

I can tell you my experience of shopping with men of different nationalities and the difference between them.

With a Russian guy I went "shopping" with, it was BAM... straight to the section intended, then 5 seconds of selection time and straight to the cashier; whereas with Swedish men, it was rather a collective experience with longer decision time and more wandering around. I also went out shopping with guys from Hong Kong and they just tend to follow the girl obediently. They didn't get much attention from the girls as well. :p

Then, of course, I know only a small fraction of the population and that cannot really represent the whole nation, but I thought these differences are interesting.

25-08-2008
backstage pass

At our store the Men's and Women's are in two separate buildings, but I always notice how neat and well kept the men's is in comparison to the women's. I guess it's easier for them to maintain because guys don't seem to rumage and ransack like women do... seriously women come in and want to try like 20+ garments on, just for fun. Men don't seem to do that. On the whole, it seems like there isn't as much selection in each area for men either.
For example their cosmetics hall, accessories, underwear, street wear etc are all much more limited than the women's. In our store it's like we have too much stuff, and it's not like women actually NEED more stuff than guys...

As for where the departments are positioned in the men's store -
Ground Entrance : Cosmetics
Mid Floor: Underwear
Accessories
Back: Jeans/ Casual wear

1st Floor : Suits etc.

It's true what you say the merchandising/decor/layout etc is easier to 'read' in men's. And it seems (although I might be wrong) that they don't change their displays as quick as we do...

I guess I haven't really said anything that you wouldn't already know, but hope your studies go well

29-08-2008
rising star

Hei!
I'm doing a fashion work and i wanted same tips or same links about trends! expecially s/s 09 for women.
thank you !

29-08-2008
backstage pass

oh that's the thread i need right now!!!!
guys i need your help! what do you associate with femininity? and could u give me an image (photo a drawning) that reflects femininity to u. But those images must be without humans or animals

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands, case, celebrity, fashion, homework, industry, influencing, inspired, internet, lifestyle, luxury, needing, nurses, quick, research, student, studies, university