How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-09-2008
V.I.P.

here is that thread...
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ion-20986.html

me , it happens the fastest at the library
in the paintings section
or watching films on the telle .. jane marple, sherlock holmes
randomly viewing things

more 'visual' than auditory .. so music is a no for me ^^

25-09-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
...jane marple, sherlock holmes
I love that, it made me smile :p

Music is really good for me but also reading...especially interviews with other artists or books about other artists...
For eg. I really hate drawing class but it's part of our course, we have to do it...At the time I was reading those Taschen and Konemann books the ones you get at galleries and museums etc...anyway the Leonardo one really blew my mind...all of a sudden I was getting busy in my visual diary for drawing class!!!

V.I.P.

i guess when i get going , music does help a lot to tie things together.. the mood ^^

nang that's great about the visual diary !
what an interesting idea

26-09-2008
backstage pass

Yeah I don't know why books do it for me, even fiction books that might have nothing to do with art.
Eg..I might be reading a book and find myself imagining the setting...what the character wears, the room she/he is in, the walls, the rug, the chair
It's strange because there are no sounds or images to prompt it....maybe that's why books are great because you have to force yourself to imagine and participate in the story....

Last edited by nangnangnj; 26-09-2008 at 02:45 AM.
27-09-2008
V.I.P.

is this for woven fabric design ?? ^

28-09-2008
backstage pass

For anything!!
Eg...that chair the character is on...is that seat a weave?!! What are the colours?...the materials?..how does it feel?
Or those walls...I might start thinking about the mad wallpapers that were made 100/200 years ago.. hand printed or sometimes handpainted ....or maybe it's the crazy felt type one....or maybe it's one that grows like the one Max had in his room that grew a forest
Now you tell me about the rug...what can you see?!

Geometric Discharge

Oh! I need your help! Friends at the Fashion Spot!

I'm looking for looks that contain transparent pockets from any collection by any designer
AND
I need collections that were either based on the homeless or look like homeless people, or just a few pieces from collections that could look like they're from homeless people - trampo stuff - could be accessories or anything tramp/hobo/homeless looking.
Didn't Yves Saint Laurent do a collection like this? Maybe slightly more subtle than 'hobo'?

Please help me!

05-10-2008
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
Oh! I need your help! Friends at the Fashion Spot!

I need collections that were either based on the homeless or look like homeless people, or just a few pieces from collections that could look like they're from homeless people - trampo stuff - could be accessories or anything tramp/hobo/homeless looking.
Dior Haute Couture Spring 2000

05-10-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nangnangnj View Post
For anything!!
Eg...that chair the character is on...is that seat a weave?!! What are the colours?...the materials?..how does it feel?
Or those walls...I might start thinking about the mad wallpapers that were made 100/200 years ago.. hand printed or sometimes handpainted ....or maybe it's the crazy felt type one....or maybe it's one that grows like the one Max had in his room that grew a forest
Now you tell me about the rug...what can you see?!
hmm i see a rug with soft knots in bouclé and little white specks symbolizing dust

C~D does a garment made of transparent material count
when it has pockets transparent also?

05-10-2008
trendsetter

I never knew we had a thread like this, how cool!

Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
Dior Haute Couture Spring 2000
I've read about this and it sounds like the perfect collection but I can't find pictures anywhere!

Giiiussss! Transparent everything including pockets sounds totally cool to me!
I already have Chanel SS 07 which is what first came to mind:

style

15-10-2008
windowshopping

I need your feedback on handbags!
Hello!

I wanted to see if this board can help me by doing this quick, fun anonymous survey for a school project on what consumers look for in handbags. It takes less than five minutes to do and it would mean a lot to me if I can get at least 8-13 responses back. I attend Philadelphia University for Fashion Industry Management and this survey is based on your personal wants and needs in the perfect handbag. Again, ALL results will be anonymous and you WILL NOT be contacted unless you volunteer to have a possible 5-min interview (email or phone) so I can gain more insight on your preferences. I am hoping to have these surveys by Sunday 10/19.

Please copy and paste this link in your web browser (survey provided by surveymonkey.com):

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...3Vnf8yJw_3d_3d

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION!

Last edited by EycedViolets; 15-10-2008 at 04:57 PM.
15-10-2008
Fierce Flava

I got 2 things I'm working on that need TFS help.

1.)
Im doing this poll for a paper on what makes people dislike their job. I just need to know what is the top reason....soooo

dislike your job because of- the acutal job duties? the salary? the boss? the people/environment you work with?

For those that are happy in their job- what is it that makes it satisfactory?

2.)
Second, its not really "homework" per se, but it's something I work hard on here every year . If anyone is thinking about secret santa, please join, its really a great way to connect with people here. It sounds like I'm spamming up our threads about it, but I just really want to spread Christmas cheer.

16-10-2008
backstage pass

I am editing a story about a murder and it is heavily intertwined with the music world. I know nothing about it, so I need a little help!

Apparently a conductor is going into a recording studio with an orchestra and a choir. Some musician/choir characters mention the following: going for a concert performance in a hall, a gallery to watch, being on the concert platform, and finding a comfy seat where they are able to see. (They only go to one place, so the reason it may not make sense is because of inconsistency.) Eventually members of the choir get out 'music' and the conductor comes to his podium. He gets shot and a character comments on how easy that is because of all the noise.

So, the things that are confusing me...

1. When I read they are going to a recording studio, it doesn't sound right that they are mentioning concert performances in the hall, a gallery to watch, being on the concert platform, or about finding a comfortable chair where they can see. I don't think they are giving a concert performance if they are in a recording studio, I don't think studios have galleries or concert platforms (isn't even necessary if they're recording...) and the part about the chair just sounds as if they are going into a stadium or something. Does anyone who has experience of recording studios with orchestras/choirs know if these make sense or not?

2. Wouldn't choir members be retrieving lyrics rather than music, or is it acceptable to refer to it as 'music'?

3. It seemed unnecessary that the conductor would be at a podium in a recording studio, but as I said, I don't know much about this.

4. Someone shooting somebody in a recording studio and not getting caught seems awfully unlikely (how would they slip out of the one door and not have any witnesses?). Could it be that the writer was originally having them recording and changed their mind halfway through to them doing a concert performance without going back and altering the story properly?

windowshopping

Faith Footwear London
Hi all,

I am a fashion student doing research on Faith the footwear company based in London. Its a high street brand.

If you know about this brand, or you have shopped there, or you totally love their shoes please reply to this thread, its very much appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Pam

P.S www.faith.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands, case, celebrity, fashion, homework, industry, influencing, inspired, internet, lifestyle, luxury, needing, nurses, quick, research, student, studies, university