How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2011
backstage pass

Thanks to everyone who's taken part so far

07-12-2011
windowshopping

MSc fashion in social media
Hi -

Iím researching for an MSc in marketing at Oxford Brookes and for my dissertation Iím looking at why people use facebook and twitter to interact with fashion brands and if/what they contribute.
Iíd really appreciate it if anyone could answer a few short questions for me to help me out Ė all identities will be removed when results are collected so raw data will be totally anonymous, I donít want any personal information, just to know why you look at the pages of shops like Topshop on Facebook/Twitter.

Thanks so much!

1) Do you look at the Facebook/Twitter of any UK fashion retailers? If so, which site.
2) Why do you look at these pages? (i.e. to stay up to date/whats new/etc.
3) Do you look at the shop's pages to interact with a) the shop/brand b) other people c) both d) none, i just look.
4) Do you tend to 'share' what you see i.e. re-tweet/re-post/like

07-12-2011
windowshopping

survey
I'm trying to get data here http://svy.mk/tVd2fs if anyone can help - 4 very short questions looking at social media in fashion.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmajanehornsby View Post
Hi -

Iím researching for an MSc in marketing at Oxford Brookes and for my dissertation Iím looking at why people use facebook and twitter to interact with fashion brands and if/what they contribute.
Iíd really appreciate it if anyone could answer a few short questions for me to help me out Ė all identities will be removed when results are collected so raw data will be totally anonymous, I donít want any personal information, just to know why you look at the pages of shops like Topshop on Facebook/Twitter.

Thanks so much!

1) Do you look at the Facebook/Twitter of any UK fashion retailers? If so, which site.
2) Why do you look at these pages? (i.e. to stay up to date/whats new/etc.
3) Do you look at the shop's pages to interact with a) the shop/brand b) other people c) both d) none, i just look.
4) Do you tend to 'share' what you see i.e. re-tweet/re-post/like

12-12-2011
trendsetter

^ I answered that, jsyk.

Okay, I'm hoping someone can help me out with an extra credit assignment for one of my classes. Basically, I need to interview someone whose work is somehow related to the fashion industry about their job. Unfortunately, my professor just announced that we could turn in a paper based on this interview today and it's due on Wednesday, so if anyone could help me out with this in the next day or so it would be greatly appreciated! It doesn't matter how lowly the job is or how closely related to fashion it is, the point of the assignment is to highlight unusual/little known aspects of the job, whatever it play be.

Pretty please?

front row

I can help you KINofVERSAILLES. PM me and send me the questions and I'll asnwer them when i come back home. And yeah, I work in the fashion industry :p But I think you'll have to correct my English...Hope it helps!

15-12-2011
windowshopping

"Help!" Style history project: War and new look
Hello everybody! I need to do a style history (fashion) project about war and new look and maybe someone can help me find additional information that could help me?

V.I.P.

Do you mean World War 2 and Dior's "new look"? His "new Look" took off right after that war ... so I can only assume that is what you are talking about.

Take a look in the History of Fashion forum .. do a search of that forum for "Dior" and see if a thread comes up about that subject.

16-12-2011
windowshopping

Yes, that's exactly what I meant and also about the war years.
Thanks for the tip!

windowshopping

Andrognyny in Fashion
Hello! I am currently writing my final year essay for university and the topic is androgyny in the fashion world and how it has impacted on the clothes we wear today. This is mainly focusing on womenswear however as of recently I have included some writing about Andre Pejic.
I am just looking for some views on what you think may be the future of androgyny in the fashion industry? Has it all been done or is there more to come? If so, what do you think is next!
All of your opinions will be greatly appreciated so please let me know!
Thanks in advance!
x

19-01-2012
windowshopping

Do you think that sexuality has been lost because of the merging of the two genders?

Is it important to keep the traditional stereotype of female and male genders strong in the fashion industry or does this androgynous movement show signs of forward thinking?

Please let me know what your views are

19-01-2012
V.I.P.

I honestly think it's just a trend. Fashion ideas come and go ... then come back again. Fashion changes all the time ... but rarely changes a lot. It draws on what has come before and just tweaks it, most of the time.

Androgeny was big in the 70's and 80's .... and now the rehash of all things 50's and 60's have brought back the two sexes again ... women are wearing dresses and skirts again ... oops, no they are wearing pantsuits again ... nooo .... they are wearing both right now. Oh heck ... it changes so fast.

To answer your specific qustions ... it's mostly "no".

I don't think that sexuality has been lost when people wear androgenous looks. They still figure it out ... and the population of the planet still grows .... 7 billion now.

I don't think androgeny in fashion is forward thinking at all ... it's looking back ...it's been done for hundreds of years, at least by the avant guarde.

And I don't think that it is important to keep the stereotypes of male and female ... but I'm sure we will, anyway ... untill the next designer challenges that, again.

What I do think is that fashion reflects the times ... the economy, the politics of the world. During austere time or wars, we often opt for the more "traditional", probably as a comfort. And after this, during good times ... such as the post WW@ years ... then we soon get bored and break out of our traditions and search for something more cutting edge. Hence the changes in the early 60's ... the mini skirts and boots, then on to the 70's where women started to wear pants to work and everyone wore their hair "natural" ... either long and straight or Afros. All in response to the traditional looks of the 40's and 50's ... a change that reflected the unease of the children of the post war baby boom.

Last edited by BetteT; 19-01-2012 at 04:39 PM.
19-01-2012
windowshopping

Alsooo if anybody would be able to do this little survey it would be super helpful! All anonymous of course and only takes two minutes!

Thanks x

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W255GVV

22-01-2012
fashion icon

Guys would somebody be so kind and read this email (Application for an intership):

Quote:

Dear XXXXX Team,

my name is XXXXXX and i recognized your project some weeks ago. I'm really enthusiastic about it because i think it's concept is awesome. The way you are presenting our young people is so great. I really want to join your mission to introduce our country to the rest of the world! XXXXX is my native country and i still fell very connected with it that's also one reasin for my application.

Brief overview to my person, i'm 24 years old and i'm studying Health Communication at the University of Bielefeld, Germany in the third semester. I'm very interesed in communication, health and social issue, politics but also in the developent of Kosovo. I speak englisch and albanian

I'm going to be in Kosovo from 01.08.-22.08.12 and I would be really pleased if you would give me the opportunity to get to know your organisation and its work personally.

Best regards

XXXXXX
Any mistakes? Or Suggestions? Its really important TIA!

V.I.P.

you have a number of grammatical and syntax errors.
for example, you dont have the specific name of the hiring person. "brief overview to my person" is grammatically wrong. we don't use that phrase.

Last edited by lucy92; 22-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.
22-01-2012
fashion icon

Ok! Thanks!! ...And what about the other mistakes?
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
advice, homework, needed, needing, research, studies, university