How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
I know that Lagerfeld has said previously that he often gets the ideas for entire collections, and even the design of the runway, in dreams he has.
Yes, i know that ! Wish i had dreams like his

07-02-2013
trendsetter

Could someone help me with some articles on editorial vs ad campaign photography? I would like to define some similarities and differences between them.
Thanks!

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
07-02-2013
V.I.P.

The only thing I can offer is that they are paid for by different people, therefore the results are slightly different.

In ads .... the decision make is the owner of the clothing line of perfume or whatever. He will have employed an ad agency who has a team of people that work with the company's marketing people in learning about the target audience and, as a group, will decide what the company's image should be. And then the shoot is designed around that "image".

In editorials, the company has no control. It's all decided by the editors of the magazine. And they tend to mix and match lines and products (which is the main difference between the two) .... based soley on thier own personal vision and approval of the editor in cheif.. So, it may or may not be good for the company's image. But ... it's free advertising, so most lines want to be picked for editorials ... and the magazine, in turn, publishes their name in the credits.

I've never seen articles about this ... but you might find infomation in fashion photography books and sites.

07-02-2013
trendsetter

Thank you very much, BetteT!

13-02-2013
windowshopping

Beirut Fashion - help appreciated from anyone here!
Dear members,

I'm graduating from college this semester and i'm working on a way to tackle western stereotypes concerning lebanese fashion culture and street art.
Most people have something particular in mind when they hear the word 'Beirut'.

Here are some more questions I'd like you to answer, it would really help me out big time:

1) Write down your first thought when you think of Beirut. (It doesn't have to be related to fashion, it's just about the first thing that comes to mind when you think of it.)

2) Would you ever plan a trip there? Please explain your answer briefly.

3) Do you think people have prejudices when thinking of Beirut?

4) In your perspective, what would be necessary or a good first step in order to eliminate stereotypes, if you think there are any.

5) Let's say you went there - what would you be able to see in terms of fashion, streetstyle, art, etc.? Or would you expect to see nothing related to these topics?

6) Is there anything about Beirut or Lebanon that you've heard something about in the past or recently? Maybe in the news, from a friend, etc. If so, what did you hear/read?

7) Do you think people would be interested in finding out more about what was going on there in terms of style, fashion and art?

8) Have you heard of any fashion designers or brands coming from there?

9) Would you expect it to be a dangerous place?

10) if you have anything to add, remarks or even another question, please write that down here.

Please be as honest as possible and don't do any research before answering these questions.

I'd be very glad to have some answers concerning my questions soon. I appreciate your time and say THANK YOU!

14-02-2013
tfs star

Want to help me with some uni stuff?
I need particpants in a quick questionaire about shopping! It would be a masssssive help. I already have roped in facebook friends, uni friends etc. My next option is standing in the street and I don't want that! So you would be doing me a massive favour. (Let's call it a Valentine gift to me!)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eIE...E_BKI/viewform

On a side note I am looking for females, 16 - 24 in the UK. Sorry to everyone else

V.I.P.

Uh ... that sure let's me out.... I"m neither in the right place, nor anywhere near the right age.

26-02-2013
windowshopping

I'm looking for tFS members living in Russia and China (or members familiar with these countries) to ask a few questions about the Chinese and Russian magazine market. Please send me a message if you know someone or if you live in Russia or China and would like to help.

Additionally, I'd really appreciate if you completed my 2-minute survey about fashion events here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fashion-events It's for a uni project. Thank you!

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

Is anyone here a graphic designer? I am looking for someone to give me some feedback on my current homework piece (it's a fashion editorial)

trendsetter

I am, and also dealing with (mainly fashion) photography.

Last edited by Jinadaze; 01-03-2013 at 07:03 PM.
15-03-2013
windowshopping

Brand Partnerships - what do you think?
Hi everybody,

I am currently working on my thesis, therefore I have a question for you!

You have probably all seen that lately brands and more and more starting partnerships with other brands, technology companies, content producers etc. in order to produce fun or interesting content together ( so not necessarily talking about product partnerships here)!

Examples are:

- the Topshop/Google+ interactive live stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TAF9OfL99g

A different but equally relevant collaboration is the one from Burberry with Scott Schuman for the Art of Trench:

http://artofthetrench.com

Do you have any suggestions, which brands are not currently big on using those kind of partnerships to their advantage but you think should? And if so whom could they partner up with?

What about:

Levi's
Denham
Tommy Hilfiger
G-Star
Strenesse

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kiti

Last edited by Kiti; 15-03-2013 at 12:29 PM.
15-03-2013
Geometric Discharge

I remember someone in the Questionable Designer Accessories thread saying they would love to see Elie Saab collaborating on a Saab

I remember Hussein Chalayan collaborating with Swarovski for his floating dress:

Not that either of these facts are particularly helpful..

19-03-2013
windowshopping

The Kooples - your opinion
Hi Everbody,

You surely have heard of the parisian brand 'the Kooples'.
If not, you need to check it out!

http://www.thekooples.co.uk

I wanted to ask you what you think of their online communication?

Where do you think you can find their target group best online?

What could be an interesting partner for them to create an online experience/ strategy with? What about Jack Daniels? or Martini?

Let me know what you guys think I might use the brand for my graduation project research!

Cheers,
Kiti

19-03-2013
flaunt the imperfection

i think this belongs in 'help me with my homework'...

:p

19-03-2013
windowshopping

It might, but don't you think it could become at interesting discussion about different opinions? Maybe i love their campaigns, but somebody else hates them?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
advice, homework, needed, needing, research, studies, university