How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2015
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Pantone ... this is the company that forecasts colors for the upcoming year and names the "color of the year" ... not sure when they do this. Designers in all disciplines (fashion, furniture, appliances, cars, pretty much everything) buy their information and that is why you will suddenly see a certain color all over the place. This year's color of the year is "Merlot", a brownish red. Now, I don't think you can get this information in advance ... unless you pay for it.
It's "Marsala". It has been announced in the beginning of December 2014, so you will have to wait for a long time (they don't reveal it before that under any circumstances). And I think it has more to do with graphic and industrial design than fashion.

22-01-2015
backstage pass

Lidewij Edelkoort is a trendwatcher who already has done a forecasting for S/S 16. The title of the trendseminar she gave is 'Vanities'. I think if you use her name and the season you will find some articles about the seminar she gave.
Good luck with your project!

22-01-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yeah .... I've been thinking about how to forecast trends for a year out ... when the collections won't even be seen until Sept. It's unlikely that anyone is publishing anything about 2016 trends, yet.
Now, I don't think you can get this information in advance ... unless you pay for it.
bettet is right.
brands pay a lot of $ to forecasting companies for these types of services.

however, certain brands have longer lead times than others. so trends will show up slower at stores like macys, walmart. so it's conceivable that trends shown on the s/s 2015 catwalks will be instores years later after having trickled down and still be "in fashion".

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
It's "Marsala".
Mea Culpa ... I stand corrected.

04-02-2015
windowshopping

Hi everyone. I'm researching luxury brands' digital marketing and branding efforts for a paper, and would really appreciate tFS opinions!

If you have some time, would you please take my survey? This is the link to it
http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=teqb0w185bm76jd486621

Thanks!

10-03-2015
windowshopping

Dating vintage
Dear everybody,

hope all of you are well! I'm working right now on a very personal project, and I would need your help since you guys seem to have a such large knowledge in fashion! I found these pictures, I know the designer of the pieces seen in these pics - some of them are Azzedine Alaïa, Dolce Gabbana, Stephen Sprouse etc... - but I really would need to have the right season and year for each picture for the project i'm working on. If you could help me with this, it'd be so nice and i'd be really grateful...

Thanks in advance for your time and help everybody :-)

Pics here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g0snql7j8...qT7zilspa?dl=0

03-04-2015
windowshopping

Italian tailors: Stop Sénès & Calabri
Hi everyone,

I'm researching on Italian tailors from the Fifties / Sixties / Seventies. I'd like to write a bio about 2 Italian tailors, Stop Sénès (Rome) and Calabri (Florence), but I absolutely cannot find any piece of information about them.

I was wondering if someone here can help me find some website or any online resource where I can find this kind of information. Anything - even small details - can help.

Thank you so much for your help!

09-04-2015
windowshopping

Hi, for my project I have designed a backpack but I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions for how to make it a bit more innovative

thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124694...8/16906074139/

Last edited by lucy92; 09-04-2015 at 07:13 PM.
09-04-2015
V.I.P.

Nice looking leather!

How about a few sleek add-ons ... to allow the buyer to customize it to what he's doing at the moment. Example ... he's on his bike ... maybe an add on pouch on the side for a water bottle? Or a case for sunglasses or his iPhone, etc. (Any iPhone holder would have to be very secure, but still easy to access)

That's all I can think of.

10-04-2015
windowshopping

Quote:
Nice looking leather!

How about a few sleek add-ons ... to allow the buyer to customize it to what he's doing at the moment. Example ... he's on his bike ... maybe an add on pouch on the side for a water bottle? Or a case for sunglasses or his iPhone, etc. (Any iPhone holder would have to be very secure, but still easy to access)

That's all I can think of.
I like the sound of that and I was also thinking of trying to make it more a everyday bag by...

• Remove the magnetic clip
• Adjustable buckle and belt for front
• Detachable back straps
• 4 legs at the bottom so base of backpack does not touch ground when put down
• Removable and insert able compartment blocks (this square has designated space for a 13” laptop, tablet, books, phone, purse, other accessories) it can be removed to make backpack space more bigger or smaller suited to what i am currently carrying
• Square tag so I can put a personal name label in

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, advice, calabri, dating, homework, italian, project, research, school, sénès, spring or summer, stop, studies, tailors, trends, university, vintage