How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2006
windowshopping

Deadline Approaching for Gen Art Styles and Perrier Competitions!
OPEN CALL FOR GEN ART STYLES 2006 INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AND PERRIER COMPETITIONS
Gen Art is a non-profit organization that showcases the top emerging talent in fashion, film and the visual arts in New York City and Los Angeles to hundreds of members of the fashion industry and press.

We have issued an international open call to designers and aspiring designers for our annual competition, Styles 2006. The competition will conclude with 25 finalists showing their designs in a high-production fashion show in New York City in May 2006. At the show, a panel of celebrity fashion judges will choose five winners who will each receive a $5,000 cash prize. The deadline for the Styles 2005 competition is Friday, March 17.

Additionally, we are announcing the fourth anniversary Perrier Bubbling Under Award for Design, which will provide one winner with a $10,000 grant. This year’s theme for the competition is Sparkle. Perrier will partner with the Gen Art Styles 2006 Design Competition and the Perrier Competition is open to fashion students and aspiring and emerging fashion designers in the United States and Canada. The deadline for the Perrier Competition is Monday, March 27.

You may download the applications from our website at:

http://www.genart.org/home.application.htm?itemid=1333 and http://www.genart.org/home.application.htm?itemid=1348
Please contact us at 212.255.7300 or styles@genart.org with any questions.

06-03-2006
windowshopping

I am from india i also have same problem as u i want able to find competations and also i am searching for the job as and free lance fashion designer so plz if u can help me then plz mail me my id is davdaamit@gmail.com and reply me plz.... help me i will b thankfull to u all....

http://www.freewebs.com/amitdavda
30-06-2006
windowshopping

2007 Ecco Domani competition
The 2007 Ecco Domani competition applications are online. Deadline is 10/13/06.

You can get the application here: http://www.style.com/eccodomani/fash...june_2006.html

Good Luck to all.

16-10-2006
windowshopping

Design competition
Hi Everyone, I am a scout for a new company looking for
future clothing trends across the world. I am looking for interesting themes/photographs that can be incorporated into a new product, the possibilities and opportunities are endless. If you wish to be involved please send all photographs (must be referenced if it involves a statue, place etc) and theme ideas, clothing designs with supporting justification of why you think it will be the next best fashion theme. Remember there is an opportunity to have your work published with a target audience of numerous fashion designers. Want to get you name out there? then email me your stuff! I look forward to hearing from you and viewing your choices.

Please note there is a £1000 reward for the winner

fiona@epiphanyvector.co.uk

15-11-2006
trendsetter

Mango fashion competition and awards
whoa!!!!!!!!!

dont know this company and what it stands for, but i think this is interesting.

can someone with an online WWD account (sorry mine is paper) post more on this, as they say it will be detailed in tomorrows edition.

Mango Unveils International Fashion Award
By Samantha Conti

BARCELONA - Mango, the Spanish fast-fashion brand, on Wednesday announced plans for an international design competition for up-and-coming talent, the El Boton Mango Fashion Award.

The first runway competition will take place in Barcelona next fall, and the winner will receive a prize of 300,000 euro, or $385,000, with no obligation to work for Mango.

“We wanted this to be the biggest fashion award – and,economically-speaking, it is,” said Enric Casi, Mango’s chief executive, during a news conference here

15-11-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

hmm sounds interesting. Mango is a high street brand, cheaper than Zara, but prob. similar in the clothes they sell.

15-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
hmm sounds interesting. Mango is a high street brand, cheaper than Zara, but prob. similar in the clothes they sell.

thanks for the info Meg.
may be something im interested in. need to do some research on this company............

15-11-2006
V.I.P.

zamb, i like mango. their clothes are pretty good quality. its similar to banana republic, but a little bit sexier...

they had some famous middle eastern fashion designer do a capsule collection for them in selected stores...

15-11-2006
Stitch:the Hand

could be interesting. dunno,if i could put my trust in mass market,high-street to judge design talent though.

15-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
could be interesting. dunno,if i could put my trust in mass market,high-street to judge design talent though.
well Scott while i agree with you, about the judging, we are not sure of the format as yet, and who will be the judges. also, for that kind of money, without no real obligation to the brand, i am willing to take my chances

15-11-2006
Stitch:the Hand

^yeah I know. just a bit wary about it. if it were something like TopShop(they do have one already,non?) doing this I might be more excitable as we all know through their endeavours with indie designers and their "Unique" range,they do have a respect design talent. I know about Mango,and Meg is right...it's like a lower range Zara,in way. I just don't know about that. If it were a support initiative I might say that's great but to actually develop a competition leaves me with some reservation. But I agree though....just a pre-judgement and I know nothing about the format.

15-11-2006
windowshopping

ooooooohhhhh!!!!!!!!! how much!? how exciting!

15-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
^yeah I know. just a bit wary about it. if it were something like TopShop(they do have one already,non?) doing this I might be more excitable as we all know through their endeavours with indie designers and their "Unique" range,they do have a respect design talent. I know about Mango,and Meg is right...it's like a lower range Zara,in way. I just don't know about that. If it were a support initiative I might say that's great but to actually develop a competition leaves me with some reservation. But I agree though....just a pre-judgement and I know nothing about the format.

well maybe its a ploy to take the brand a little bit upmarket , like what target has done...................

15-11-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamb
well maybe its a ploy to take the brand a little bit upmarket , like what target has done...................
good thinking, but surely they'd start by upping their prices and marketing to different consumers rather than launching a design competition.

15-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Cheaper than Zara? I see you're from London, it may be cheaper there, but here in Italy it is not. I also wouldn't compare the two. To me Zara is the H&M of Southern Europe (only better quality). Mango is a little more sophisticated, although what I've seen from them this year is quite mediocre. I am curious about this runway competition though

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
competitions, contests, design, fashion, post