How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2008
rising star

BetteT thanks a million and karma for your advice! Sorry it's taken me so ridiculously long to reply! It sounds like I'd be better off starting my career here and then looking abroad later, when I can make a case to a company for bringing me over,

06-09-2008
rising star

I may be moving to Prague to relocate for a new job in fashion. Anyone on here that can give me tips or suggestions. Anything at all is helpful! I don't have many contacts in the city.

09-09-2008
rising star

Swedish Fashion editor moving to Prague!

Swedish fashion editor looking for a flatmate in Prague!

I have recently been offered a job as fashion editor and stylist in Prague at a major fashion magazine. I will be moving in the beginning of October and am looking for a place to stay (long term). I would need to live in Praha 1 or Praha 2 (Old town or Vinhorady). As far as rent goes I’m looking for something priced at around 6 000 kc – 8 500 kc/month (at the absolute most), including internet. Internet an absolute MUST!

It would also be great to get in touch with other people living in Prague! Do you live there? PM me and tell me more about yourself! Of course any other tips that could help me out would be fantastic so anyone that knows anything about Prague is welcome to PM me or reply to this thread!

I’m super nervous about all of this but also very excited.

Moderators: Please let me know if this is posted in the wrong place or if you do not accept posts like this!

29-09-2008
backstage pass

Has anyone tried any roommate finder service????

I'm moving to NY this January and I haven't had any luck on craigslist. Is there anyone here who has had luck finding roommates in other free/fee sites?

Or better yet anyone here need a roommate for next yr? Or know anyone who needs a roommate in Murray Hill? Would really appreciate any info. I'm getting worried as time is flying by and its already October.

07-10-2008
front row

I know it's well in advance, but if any of you are moving to Montreal next summer, or spring, I'll be looking for a roommate then! I have a cute apartment in a great location

11-10-2008
RAISED by WOLVES.

HI TFS'ers.

Looking to move to San Francisco this summer of '09.
Going to school to get a second degree at Art Academy University.

Definately want to live in the City. Not out of. !!!

Any one know of a place or looking to move as well, possibly to share an apt or anything available???/ FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ! =)

trendsetter

where would you guys say are the most inexpensive places to live in nyc?

front row

mm.. washington heights, brooklyn, the financial district, and around chinatown.

22-11-2008
windowshopping

Hi all

First off i'm newbie so will make a proper hello post in a bit, but i will be moving to NYC for 7 weeks in a few days and would love anyone who has time to show me around, having been looking at hostels to stay whilst i'm there so any recommendations would be helpful! I'm a freelance photographer but consider myself quite new, just assisting mainly but wanted a different perspective hence the move to new york, i will be coming from london all by myself so if your about for a coffee just pm xxx Can't wait xxx

10-01-2009
front row

hi, i am looking to move to new york for a internship for a month in the summer. any info about rent-controlled short term lets in manhattan? also any other fees i may have to pay for?

10-01-2009
V.I.P.

CAn't help you with sublets, since I'm in L.A. But .... there are other options, if you are interested ... if you go back in this thread to last spring (Feb through about April) ... there are some short term residences.

07-04-2009
tfs star

Hi tfsers,, a friend is moving to NY to model at Easter and doesn't want to stay in the model appt.. anyone that knows of a sublet would be truly appreciated!!!

16-04-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss-V View Post
hi, i am looking to move to new york for a internship for a month in the summer. any info about rent-controlled short term lets in manhattan? also any other fees i may have to pay for?
I'm in the same situation. I'm looking for a summer internship but I don't want to apply or get back to people until I figured out my whole housing situation.

11-05-2009
trendsetter

I'm moving to London and looking for a place to rent - preferably a studio apartment. I'd like to live in Notting Hill... or a similar area. Anyone got any info for me?

scenester

Im doing an internship in london and desperatly looking for somewhere to stay for 4 weeks. I leave a a week so its pretty desperate!
Anyone got any ideas???? Help needed

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apartments, flats, housing, relocating, rentals, roomates