How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-05-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Kisses View Post
Im doing an internship in london and desperatly looking for somewhere to stay for 4 weeks. I leave a a week so its pretty desperate!
Anyone got any ideas???? Help needed
Try out the temporary sublet sections of Craigslist and Gumtree.

I've just got a room for 4 weeks on Craigslist for an internship which I also start next week in London.

11-09-2009
rising star

Having such a hard time trying to find a flat-share in London. Anyone with tips? I have been searching craigslist and gumtree like mad and still haven't found anything.

17-09-2009
rising star

I used to look for roommates in this website... You have to pay to see the contact... with the free account you can talk only to people with paied accounts.

http://www.appartager.com/

09-01-2010
fashion icon

Moving to Manhatten in Feb and thinking about trying out The Webster Residence. Anyone lived there? What are the pros and cons?

19-01-2010
scenester

does anyone know a good place to find room swaps? maybe specifially for interns? i have a large room in london but share a house, looking for a room in nyc for a month or so in summer.

14-04-2010
Not Thinking About Time

Interning in NYC for the summer what should I do about lodging. Subletting ect. any TFSrs looking for temporary roommates of subleasing. Its going to be about 3 months.

Portfolio Last FM
22-06-2010
tfs star

^same as above except that I'll be coming for the fall

V.I.P.

does anyone know where i can find
a reasonable place to look for apartments in NY?

22-06-2010
V.I.P.

There's some old information earlier in the thread that might help.

27-06-2010
scenester

PARIS anyone?
Hey is anybody here moving to Paris for work or studies ? I am, and I am looking for a place to live or a prospective room-mate.So anyone of u guys up for it?

30-06-2010
rising star

just relocated to Sydney. If anyone has done the same/has advice/needs a flatmate let me know!

front row

I also think http://www.parisattitude.com is great to find something

12-10-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

Advice needed for urgent move to NYC
I'm going to move from France to NY for my job and since it's a last-minute thing, I'm kind of anxious about my housing situation.
My employer recommends that I find a room in a residence for a week and then search for an apartment share on Craigslist when I arrive in NY. But I called all the residences and they have no room available.
Has anyone ever tried sublets on Craigslist? I liked the residence option because it's safe but I'm concerned about Internet listings.
Also, I know I'll probably be in NY by the end of the month but don't know the exact day of my departure yet. Is it easy to find a temporary place at the last minute? And my employer told me you can find a shared apartement in less than a week; is this true?

I read the entire thread before posting this, there isn't any info relevant to my case yet. Thanks in advance for your tips!

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchCactus View Post
I'm going to move from France to NY for my job and since it's a last-minute thing, I'm kind of anxious about my housing situation.
My employer recommends that I find a room in a residence for a week and then search for an apartment share on Craigslist when I arrive in NY. But I called all the residences and they have no room available.
Has anyone ever tried sublets on Craigslist? I liked the residence option because it's safe but I'm concerned about Internet listings.
Also, I know I'll probably be in NY by the end of the month but don't know the exact day of my departure yet. Is it easy to find a temporary place at the last minute? And my employer told me you can find a shared apartement in less than a week; is this true?

I read the entire thread before posting this, there isn't any info relevant to my case yet. Thanks in advance for your tips!
hi french girl i am moving to NYC from melbourne around january , please let me know if you find anything to share with, will be quite happy. by the way i will be going to parsons for AAS spring 2011.

for anyone else looking please contact me, i will be up as a flatmate and such. quite neat and fun to be with

cheers!

Vogue Paris Intern

No problem!
I found a nice place to live while I look for something long term on Craigslist, but there are a LOT of scammers out there. Be sure never to pay before you get there and talk to the person on the phone before you make a decision.
Looking for something long term is not easy : lots of dirty apartments, or places that aren't furnished (I don't want to buy that stuff when I'm here only for a year!)... I hope I'll find soon!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apartments, flats, housing, relocating, rentals, roomates