How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-06-2014
V.I.P.

Sweet rus: This is weird that you plan on living in Queens or Staten Island, but not in Harlem.... which is more convenient regarding the transports. I don't know about Bronx. But Harlem is safe. Brooklyn is now as expensive as the city, but you can try Bushwick (gentrification is going on over here).
If you don't have much money, I would be you I would think of living with roommates - which is easier, too, in your case because you are a foreigner - and it is difficult for a foreigner to find a place to stay.

And for your visa, you can give the address of a friend of yours who lives here, while you're doing the process. that is not a big deal.

08-06-2014
V.I.P.

The Bronx is safe except for like, Hunts Point. Harlem is fine.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
Sweet rus: This is weird that you plan on living in Queens or Staten Island, but not in Harlem.... which is more convenient regarding the transports. I don't know about Bronx. But Harlem is safe. Brooklyn is now as expensive as the city, but you can try Bushwick (gentrification is going on over here).
If you don't have much money, I would be you I would think of living with roommates - which is easier, too, in your case because you are a foreigner - and it is difficult for a foreigner to find a place to stay.

And for your visa, you can give the address of a friend of yours who lives here, while you're doing the process. that is not a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer~ View Post
The Bronx is safe except for like, Hunts Point. Harlem is fine.
It might be some kind of prejudice, but better safe than sorry. From what I heard and read about Bronx and Harlem I do want to live there . I don't mind taking a subway or a bus at all, that's what I do here all the time and I am ok with it.
If I can't find any apartment, I will try to find a rommate but I definitely want to live on my own.
The thing is that I do not have a friend living in NY, it's a friend's friend's good friend kind of situation

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apartments, flats, housing, relocating, rentals, roomates