How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2006
front row

s.s. 07 mood / fabrics preview
hello here a preview for summer 07 trends
source: paclers paris

10-01-2006
front row

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

I like the childish mood, and the arts&crafts.

etre soi-meme

totally minimalistic no?

i'm so looking forward seeing the ss07 fabrics at PV in February..

thanks for posting this peclers pages erichB

12-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
totally minimalistic no?

i'm so looking forward seeing the ss07 fabrics at PV in February..

thanks for posting this peclers pages erichB
cool
i'm going to get the full pecles womens trend book s/s07, and i might get more books from another agencies but i'm not sure which agencies i'll get this time.

12-01-2006
V.I.P.

i like it

Eat me, drink me

I like it too. It's a kind of simple elegance...looks a bit classic in my opinion, too. Very spring-y, if that makes any sense ^^

windowshopping

hmmm should be good

15-01-2006
fashion insider

Thank you ErichB. It's a bit disappointing...these have been trends for a few springs now.

15-01-2006
trendsetter

Thanks for posting ErichB! Nothing from here really appeals to me so I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing more books if you get the chance to post them.

15-01-2006
Wanderlust

It feels very light! Thank you

16-01-2006
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazie
Thank you ErichB. It's a bit disappointing...these have been trends for a few springs now.
very very true my dear Zazie.. the market seems frozen with the econimic crisis going on, those ss07 moods are too safe to make any real difference..

18-01-2006
fashion insider

Me too..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
very very true my dear Zazie.. the market seems frozen with the econimic crisis going on, those ss07 moods are too safe to make any real difference..
I'm spooked by the political and economic problems underway..for the first time in my life, I'm talking to a financial consultant! Scary times....

But what I don't understand is, if these are what a lot of peole already own, and if they don't whet the appetite enough, won't that be detrimental to sales with the mass market?

I know the market always follow the prevailing "moods" - the safe clothes are comforting and all that, but I wonder if there are some studies out there about the psychology of sales?

Hope you had a great holiday!

18-01-2006
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazie
But what I don't understand is, if these are what a lot of peole already own, and if they don't whet the appetite enough, won't that be detrimental to sales with the mass market?

I know the market always follow the prevailing "moods" - the safe clothes are comforting and all that, but I wonder if there are some studies out there about the psychology of sales?
thats exactly where marketing is wrong at the moment, not trying new things.. this is psychological factor, combined with wrong consulting which drives the market towards evolving each time on last season's 'hybird' trends, while counting on securing the mass client who will be 'ripe' to absorb the trend when re-emerges the second time around..
unlike what the market seems to be needing.

following closely the trendspotting section at tFS, i noticed that the fashion consious consumer has a tendency to want to embrace something 'new' much more quickly than the market has been planing to apply.

fashion forward mega labels like Zara or even H&M are already working on custom made 'forward' trend panels provided always by trend forecast agencies. from there trends will be 'tested' as a 'forward' trend try and then will be re-confirmed for the 'mass trend forecast' which will be presented at the global market for 'assured' application.

each trend office goes through succesful and less succesful times, i'm afraid that ss07 wont be peclers stellar forecasting season.
after all peclers -which recently changed hands- is issuing trend forecast updates each time they feel they are missing something big, so there is hope of them introducing more exciting themes through special update as the season moves on)

wish i had access to visuals from my fave trend forecasting agency..
cant wait to see their books for fw07.08 at PV ..

18-01-2006
fashion insider

Totally agreed. The sales have been really bad for the sorts like M&S, haven't they? A lean year will bring on their demise, if they don't have a really good Plan B. I think it really says something when the high street chains doing well are the TopShops and H&Ms, although I think it is also passe to sign up some big names like Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney. Capsule collections with the more unknown, sharper, edgier designers will still be cool though. The indies feel more like trendsetters, and thankfully, they don't need to look "grunge" or "punk" or some of the dated notions of "youthful rebellion"...like Marc Jacobs...heheh.

It is happening in architecture and the arts, where the big name "starchitects" and "startists" are making way for smaller, cooler, hipper, more niche and conceptual design partnerships, so maybe that is influencing my perception of what is happening in fashion.

Anyway, as this trend goes, I really like it. More creative, more fun, more unexpected. In that sense, while I am curious to see the storyboards for the next-big-thing, I'm not at all surprised that they flop for me. Maybe more will be posted that will put some wind into the sails of the mass market. I'd love to see your input, so I'll watch this space!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
07, fabrics, mood, preview, ss