How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-01-2010
V.I.P.

Please do not post your stats here nor discuss your weight, per the "no weight talk" rule throughout tFS and the thread rule, posted here in post #1.

03-01-2010
front row

if your signed to a smaller boutique agency but you'd like to move to a bigger one. how do you go about it? do you talk to your agency first or do you just go to see big agencies and see which ones will take you?

also is this a good idea?

08-01-2010
There is only Karl

That depends on your contract and for how long you are signed with this agency. Go through all details of your contract
In general, breaking contracts on your own is not allowed. You have to wait until your contract ends or you try talking with this agency you're signed with about this issue.
Or just wait until your contract ends and leave for another agency then.
If you have any further questions, please let me know

18-01-2010
trendsetter

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this, but
when do start casting for Haute Couture???

if anyone knows the right thread please tell me.

thank you

20-01-2010
V.I.P.

More than likely...it's a done deal

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60...ule-93486.html

21-01-2010
V.I.P.

^^Why do you ask? I remember last year a model mentioned on her Twitter that models fly in 3-5 days before the start. However, I am pretty sure that negotiations have been going on for a while. Also, I would think that casting for the hc shows would be very competitive, still lesser known models have been selected for some of the smaller couturiers.

22-01-2010
trendsetter

thank you!
agee I asked that because i was curious about the casting process

25-01-2010
front row

I'm a 179cm (that's 5'9 I guess?) tall girl, with all the right measurements. But I'm also already 20 years old, and I have very little experience in modelling. So I wonder am I too old to be wanting to start a career in modeling?
And by career I don't mean becoming a TOPmodel, I just want to be able to get a job regularly.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Tresor; 25-01-2010 at 10:50 AM.
25-01-2010
V.I.P.

yes give it a try.

25-01-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresor View Post
I'm a 179cm (that's 5'9 I guess?) tall girl, with all the right measurements. But I'm also already 20 years old, and I have very little experience in modelling. So I wonder am I too old to be wanting to start a career in modeling?
And by career I don't mean becoming a TOPmodel, I just want to be able to get a job regularly.
Thanks in advance
you are not too old to start! well its always better to be 15 or 16yrs old to start modeling but you should try it ! Find an agency that is able to create a strong portfolio for you really fast.

25-01-2010
windowshopping

Currently signed with a boutique local agency but I want to go to NYC. Do you think that the day after fashion week ends in Feb is a good time or should I wait? My next time to go would be middle of March or the week after Easter in April.

25-01-2010
V.I.P.

I don't know about timing and what would be best, but that sounds reasonable ... certainly better than FW and the week leading up to it ... where they are probably very busy.

Why don't you have your agency arrange that? If you are signed, you might not be able to jump ship anyway (read your contract, before you do anything) ... but if they think you are ready, they would probably want to be your mother agency.

Last edited by BetteT; 26-01-2010 at 02:42 PM.
26-01-2010
There is only Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmodel View Post
Currently signed with a boutique local agency but I want to go to NYC. Do you think that the day after fashion week ends in Feb is a good time or should I wait? My next time to go would be middle of March or the week after Easter in April.
Your agency should be the one to arrange your plans, not you Talk with them and ask them how they see your chances in NYC and when they think time is right to go there. Before going there, you should have references and worked on other markets. NYC requires a very strong book. Honestly I don't think going very quickly after Fashion Week is a good idea, FW is usually a very busy period for bookers. Lots of luck for you

28-01-2010
scenester

Okay a few things, for open calls do they just talk to who they are interested in and send everyone else away when you go?

And if you would like to meet with an agency, do some make appointments?

And lastly what do you need to bring to an open casting besides pictures (like a swimsuit or something?)? =)

28-01-2010
rising star

I'm not sure if all agencies work the same but basically someone in the agency looks at the pictures quickly - kind of like a pre-screening process. If they're interested - you might be polaroided, looked over, measured, asked to walk, invited back.... any or all the above. If the agency is interested - you'll know!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #2, advice, career, getting started, model, modeling, post, posting, read