How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2011
V.I.P.

Most body part models work as regular models until their agency and clients "discover" their exceptional attractive hands, feet etc. , so they get booked for these kind of jobs as well.

30-04-2011
V.I.P.

I do know though, that some smaller online shops accept submissions from non models!

02-05-2011
front row

New boutique agency in New York; Aim Model Management. I was offered to go in for an overview.

What do you think?
http://aimmodelmanagement.com/main/

02-05-2011
V.I.P.

Nole Marin seems to be the owner (or the front man) and he's legit. And he's probably very well connected ... so that is a plus. The models they do have, look pretty good to me ... some real potential there. So, I'd say why not go see them to find out what they say?

Of course, it probably would be better to sign with one of the big, well known agencies ... but some boutique agencies find a good niche and their models work too.

02-05-2011
front row

I'm very hesitant of signing with a boutique agency. But at the end of the day, it's an offer and I guess you have to start small. I will still go to open calls for IMG and NEXT, but I'll go to this one as well.

Thanks for all your help BetteT

13-05-2011
front row

I had an appointment with IMG yesterday...and they passed on me

The lady that I met with was very nice. She said "you have a very cool look, but it's not commercial enough."

Do you think this could be related to me having braces?

And since I got an appointment with IMG, that means I have something right?

13-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloryepp View Post
I had an appointment with IMG yesterday...and they passed on me

The lady that I met with was very nice. She said "you have a very cool look, but it's not commercial enough."

Do you think this could be related to me having braces?

And since I got an appointment with IMG, that means I have something right?
Yes, it means you have something. Keep on trying with some of the stronger, more directional agencies.

No, IMG has taken on girls when they have braces before...

26-05-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
I sent 4 pictures to DNA, and the next day I received an email back from an agent asking where i'm from and to provide additional pictures. I did, and they replied saying 'you are not right for us but good luck'.
I totally had the same experience. I sent my photos to STORM Model Management and they were interested as well and asked for more photos. I did send a few more but eventually they also said I wasn't right for them. It was a disappointment but it also got me more motivated because they were at least interested! I think you should just try more agencies and eventually there will be one that fits you. And if the big agencies are not interested, you could also try the smaller ones. I mean you have to start somewhere right? Good luck!

Last edited by daancouzijn; 26-05-2011 at 04:06 PM.
08-08-2011
windowshopping

I got scouted by Premier Model Management in London!!! AHHH! I'll be getting a callback in the next few days and I have to go to London to meet with the an agent there.
BTW, I am 6'0 and newly turned 18.
As I am just waiting now for callbacks I wondered if anyone had anyone had any advice, tips/guidelines for anything. I am unsure what to expect.

22-08-2011
windowshopping

I heard back from Premier, they said they will be back in office by 24th August and I should know by then. I was also asked to contact a person from premier *unnamed* and he would arrange for me to meet with the agency. It is all very exciting, but I would appreciate any guidance or personal experience if anyone has been scouted/ what to expect in the industry.

**Edited*** Please see thread rules (Post #1) ... you may not post your pictures which includes linking to your portfolio. In addition, we do not allow any self promotion in posts and therefore, links to your own site is not allowed in posts. See Announcements Forum for a thread about posting links to your sites (allowed in some specific places).

Last edited by BetteT; 22-08-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: See thread rules.
23-08-2011
V.I.P.

I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry that you haven't recieved a reply for either of your post about modeling info. The best thing that you can do is go back and scan many posts from this thead about visiting an agency...

It's nice to have pictures....but if you don't they'll take some if they are interested. Be yourself,dress casual and just see what happens. Good luck.

25-08-2011
trendsetter

Does anyone have experiences/stories/anything about Commence Quest NY (placement agency)?

03-09-2011
backstage pass

I just found about this Model Karma by Thomas Zeumer kasting...
http://www.modelkarma.com/pro-advice/view/383

I'm not a model,nor I would like to be one,I'm just curious...
I've never heard of this before,it is said to be an online management lead by aforementioned Thomas...As it's said on their website,he launched Metropolitan agency,and careers of Heidi Klum,Claudia Shiffer and Eva Herzigova...
Now he searches for new faces,and throughout this kasting 100 models will be chosen,sent to New York,and the winner(s) will get the chance to walk the NY Fall Fashion Week...
I was wondering:Could this be true?Did anyone heard about him,cause I haven't...Hence to that,could this be a good opportunity(for some new faces breakthrough in high fashion)or just.....not so much?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFavorite View Post
I
I was wondering:Could this be true?Did anyone heard about him?
everybody in the business knows him...
Not exactly sure many will recommend him though

03-09-2011
backstage pass

Oh,excuse my ignorance...
So what do you (or anyone else)think about this kasting?Could it be good(interested in "not exactly sure many will recommend him though" part)?

Last edited by MyFavorite; 03-09-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
advice, career, getting started, model, modeling