How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2009
rising star

They should change the name of this thread to the "I'm only 5'6 please boost my ego and tell me I can be a high fashion model too" or the "Kate Moss did it why can't I thread".....

Someone posted in the old thread "two words... Kate Moss" yeah that's two words alright, that and 76 cents will get you a pack of gum.....

You can be a model but you might be doing catalogs and not rockin the runway in Milan anytime soon.....

My childhood dream was to be a power forward in the NBA.....guess what I'm only 5'5 not 6'11, I accepted it and moved on....

Last edited by fashion tyger; 01-10-2009 at 06:25 PM.

01-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion tyger View Post
They should change the name of this thread to the "I'm only 5'6 please boost my ego and tell me I can be a high fashion model too" or the "Kate Moss did it why can't I thread".....

Someone posted in the old thread "two words Kate Moss" yeah that's two words alright, that and 76 cents will get you a pack of gum.....

You can be a model but you might be doing catalogs and not rockin the runway in Milan anytime soon.....

My childhood dream was to be a power forward in the NBA.....guess what I'm only 5'5 not 6'11, I accepted it and moved on....
This thread isn't about people that aren't or think they aren't tall enough to be models, so what's the point of those titles ?

Kate Moss is a different story and people keep on bringing her to here, for no reason. When she's started modeling her height was fine for a model, people weren't as tall as they are now at all, times are different, things have changed.

Last edited by Filipe; 01-10-2009 at 06:30 PM.
01-10-2009
rising star

^^^ yes it is, there is post after post of "I'm only this tall can I be a model"

perhaps you should go back to the old thread and read the hundreds of posts that claim that

As for Miss Kate (who I love) she was short even when she came out (but she rocked it)

but now (and I agree with you) things have changed.....you have to be a giant

Last edited by fashion tyger; 01-10-2009 at 06:43 PM.
01-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
^^^ yes it is, there is post after post of "I'm only this tall can I be a model"

perhaps you should go back to the old posts and read the hundreds of posts that claim that
I do follow this thread and there are some posts like those but still, this whole thread isn't about people that aren't or think they aren't tall enough to be models.

01-10-2009
rising star

^^^ ok....but you admit there are quite a bit of posts (and dicussions) that deal with that.....(in this thread)

It was just my opinion on the "being tall enough for the high fashion model dicussion"

truth is I completely respect you.....

I just don't want girls to go "chasing rainbows" .....

we auditioned two girls last month, both got signed both were 5'11....no one else did.....

01-10-2009
rising star

^^^ Wow!!! Filipe......I looked at a lot of your posts you sure do have a lot of advice to give.....you must work for Ford,or Elite....Please tell us how the modeling world works!!!

01-10-2009
trendsetter

Is 21 too old to start modelling if you haven't got any experience.. ?

01-10-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikChick View Post

no way!!! My friend got a page on page 357 in Vouge in April 2008 and a worldwide ad campaign with Paul Mitchell....she was 23....always fight.....

01-10-2009
trendsetter

I have a friend who wants to model in New York, so I tried to help him by sending his pictures via e-mail to the top agencies in NY. Many of those agencies did replied, and they asked me for more pics and info, but after that they didn't replied again. So, what happened? I know that if they reply you is because they like you, don't they?

02-10-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
no way!!! My friend got a page on page 357 in Vouge in April 2008 and a worldwide ad campaign with Paul Mitchell....she was 23....always fight.....
Aww thanks for your answer!

02-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernini View Post
I have a friend who wants to model in New York, so I tried to help him by sending his pictures via e-mail to the top agencies in NY. Many of those agencies did replied, and they asked me for more pics and info, but after that they didn't replied again. So, what happened? I know that if they reply you is because they like you, don't they?
None of them replied then ? really none ?
Maybe you should try to get in contact with them and ask them about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikChick View Post
Don't think so and you better keep in mind that some models apparently are stated as 18 or 19 by their agency but in fact they are 20-21.

Quote:
^^^ Wow!!! Filipe......I looked at a lot of your posts you sure do have a lot of advice to give.....you must work for Ford,or Elite....Please tell us how the modeling world works!!!
Hahaha you're hilarious, I don't work in the industry, hopefully one day I'll but thanks for the compliment

03-10-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post
None of them replied then ? really none ?
Maybe you should try to get in contact with them and ask them about it.

Don't think so and you better keep in mind that some models apparently are stated as 18 or 19 by their agency but in fact they are 20-21.

Hahaha you're hilarious, I don't work in the industry, hopefully one day I'll but thanks for the compliment

I was worried my "joke" sounded to harsh....I am so glad you "got" my little joke.....much love all respect.....mondo

12-10-2009
rising star

Went to my first open call, I couldn't go to New York this summer as I had planned due to my planning blunders but at least I've found a few decent places locally.

They had the four of us fill out stat sheets and other info, asked if we had pictures and took them said they would call back to schedule appointment. The lady was too friendly in my opinion, I was going in thinking they would tell me right to my face if they like me or not. Either way I'll find out by callback or none.

front row

Great episode from FashionFile on everything about modeling. Signing up with an agency, test shoots, etc.
Fashion File: Open Call
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=575soVYqRjk
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMtq8...eature=channel
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKto...eature=related
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y70kM...eature=related
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSfSY...eature=related
Part 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1dLJ...eature=channel

13-10-2009
V.I.P.

Thank you, FF!! This set of videos are great ... really shows what it takes and how hard it is to even get accepted to test. Good stuff ... the real truth.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
advice, career, getting started, model, modeling