How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
01-10-2009
  46
rising star
 
fashion tyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 149
They should change the name of this thread to the "I'm only 5'6 please boost my ego and tell me I can be a high fashion model too" or the "Kate Moss did it why can't I thread".....

Someone posted in the old thread "two words... Kate Moss" yeah that's two words alright, that and 76 cents will get you a pack of gum.....

You can be a model but you might be doing catalogs and not rockin the runway in Milan anytime soon.....

My childhood dream was to be a power forward in the NBA.....guess what I'm only 5'5 not 6'11, I accepted it and moved on....


Last edited by fashion tyger; 01-10-2009 at 06:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
 
01-10-2009
  47
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sur la plage
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion tyger View Post
They should change the name of this thread to the "I'm only 5'6 please boost my ego and tell me I can be a high fashion model too" or the "Kate Moss did it why can't I thread".....

Someone posted in the old thread "two words Kate Moss" yeah that's two words alright, that and 76 cents will get you a pack of gum.....

You can be a model but you might be doing catalogs and not rockin the runway in Milan anytime soon.....

My childhood dream was to be a power forward in the NBA.....guess what I'm only 5'5 not 6'11, I accepted it and moved on....
This thread isn't about people that aren't or think they aren't tall enough to be models, so what's the point of those titles ?

Kate Moss is a different story and people keep on bringing her to here, for no reason. When she's started modeling her height was fine for a model, people weren't as tall as they are now at all, times are different, things have changed.


Last edited by Filipe; 01-10-2009 at 06:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
01-10-2009
  48
rising star
 
fashion tyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 149
^^^ yes it is, there is post after post of "I'm only this tall can I be a model"

perhaps you should go back to the old thread and read the hundreds of posts that claim that

As for Miss Kate (who I love) she was short even when she came out (but she rocked it)

but now (and I agree with you) things have changed.....you have to be a giant


Last edited by fashion tyger; 01-10-2009 at 06:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
01-10-2009
  49
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sur la plage
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion tyger View Post
^^^ yes it is, there is post after post of "I'm only this tall can I be a model"

perhaps you should go back to the old posts and read the hundreds of posts that claim that
I do follow this thread and there are some posts like those but still, this whole thread isn't about people that aren't or think they aren't tall enough to be models.

  Reply With Quote
01-10-2009
  50
rising star
 
fashion tyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 149
^^^ ok....but you admit there are quite a bit of posts (and dicussions) that deal with that.....(in this thread)

It was just my opinion on the "being tall enough for the high fashion model dicussion"

truth is I completely respect you.....

I just don't want girls to go "chasing rainbows" .....

we auditioned two girls last month, both got signed both were 5'11....no one else did.....

  Reply With Quote
01-10-2009
  51
rising star
 
fashion tyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 149
^^^ Wow!!! Filipe......I looked at a lot of your posts you sure do have a lot of advice to give.....you must work for Ford,or Elite....Please tell us how the modeling world works!!!

  Reply With Quote
01-10-2009
  52
trendsetter
 
MikChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,252
Is 21 too old to start modelling if you haven't got any experience.. ?

  Reply With Quote
01-10-2009
  53
rising star
 
fashion tyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikChick View Post
Is 21 too old to start modelling if you haven't got any experience.. ?

no way!!! My friend got a page on page 357 in Vouge in April 2008 and a worldwide ad campaign with Paul Mitchell....she was 23....always fight.....

  Reply With Quote
01-10-2009
  54
trendsetter
 
Fernini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ,
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,217
I have a friend who wants to model in New York, so I tried to help him by sending his pictures via e-mail to the top agencies in NY. Many of those agencies did replied, and they asked me for more pics and info, but after that they didn't replied again. So, what happened? I know that if they reply you is because they like you, don't they?

  Reply With Quote
02-10-2009
  55
trendsetter
 
MikChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion tyger View Post
no way!!! My friend got a page on page 357 in Vouge in April 2008 and a worldwide ad campaign with Paul Mitchell....she was 23....always fight.....
Aww thanks for your answer!

  Reply With Quote
02-10-2009
  56
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sur la plage
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernini View Post
I have a friend who wants to model in New York, so I tried to help him by sending his pictures via e-mail to the top agencies in NY. Many of those agencies did replied, and they asked me for more pics and info, but after that they didn't replied again. So, what happened? I know that if they reply you is because they like you, don't they?
None of them replied then ? really none ?
Maybe you should try to get in contact with them and ask them about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikChick View Post
Is 21 too old to start modelling if you haven't got any experience.. ?
Don't think so and you better keep in mind that some models apparently are stated as 18 or 19 by their agency but in fact they are 20-21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion tyger View Post
^^^ Wow!!! Filipe......I looked at a lot of your posts you sure do have a lot of advice to give.....you must work for Ford,or Elite....Please tell us how the modeling world works!!!
Hahaha you're hilarious, I don't work in the industry, hopefully one day I'll but thanks for the compliment

  Reply With Quote
03-10-2009
  57
rising star
 
fashion tyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post
None of them replied then ? really none ?
Maybe you should try to get in contact with them and ask them about it.



Don't think so and you better keep in mind that some models apparently are stated as 18 or 19 by their agency but in fact they are 20-21.



Hahaha you're hilarious, I don't work in the industry, hopefully one day I'll but thanks for the compliment

I was worried my "joke" sounded to harsh....I am so glad you "got" my little joke.....much love all respect.....mondo

  Reply With Quote
12-10-2009
  58
rising star
 
tgeezyband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 101
Went to my first open call, I couldn't go to New York this summer as I had planned due to my planning blunders but at least I've found a few decent places locally.

They had the four of us fill out stat sheets and other info, asked if we had pictures and took them said they would call back to schedule appointment. The lady was too friendly in my opinion, I was going in thinking they would tell me right to my face if they like me or not. Either way I'll find out by callback or none.

__________________
" Anything worth wile in life has its requirements" Tony
  Reply With Quote
12-10-2009
  59
front row
 
FashionFollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Gender: homme
Posts: 355
Great episode from FashionFile on everything about modeling. Signing up with an agency, test shoots, etc.
Fashion File: Open Call
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=575soVYqRjk
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMtq8...eature=channel
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKto...eature=related
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y70kM...eature=related
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSfSY...eature=related
Part 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1dLJ...eature=channel

  Reply With Quote
13-10-2009
  60
V.I.P.
 
BetteT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: femme
Posts: 20,345
Thank you, FF!! This set of videos are great ... really shows what it takes and how hard it is to even get accepted to test. Good stuff ... the real truth.

__________________
Bette
** It's All in the Details! **
http://www.musecube.com/BetteT/
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
advice, career, getting started, model, modeling
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.