Studying Abroad. - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
23-02-2007
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaldiva
That is an important point, especially if you are concentrating on language study. If you are studying abroad to learn a language, you NEED to get a foreign boyfriend ... trust me! One of my french profs gave me that advice before I went to Paris, and it was so true.
that's the best way to learn any language, if you're in a foreign country or not

when I was "studying abroad" (in quotes cause it was a complicated situation...), all the girls who became serious with local men ended up deciding to stay a semester longer, a year longer, some even came back for a second year.

23-02-2007
trendsetter

I would definitely reccomend (sp?) studying abroad. I haven't personally done it yet but both my sister and my friend have and they both had amazing experiences. My sister went to Spain and lived in an apartment with 3 girls, all from different countries, while my friend went to France and stayed with a family. My friend even met a guy there! I want to go also and am hoping to go not next fall but the year after. My GPA isn't quite high enough yet but I am bringing it up! So my only advice to you would be definitely go, but stay on top of your schoolwork at all times so that you'll have the opportunity to go.

23-02-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHairDay
Thanks Kiwi and Electric i feel loads better now iv heard from you two! sometimes you just need some thoughts from people who have already done it you know? Electriclady, how long did you study abroad and where if you dont mind me being nosy
i studied in france for a year and also met my ex there. definitely made me learn the language more quickly and extended my practice of it years later...

le rêve est réalité...
23-02-2007
i'm almost ready..

there is another thread about this somewhere....
does anyone remember what its called??...

anyhow....i say YES YES YES....
it changed my life forever...

24-02-2007
backstage pass

How do you go about finding a place to stay with other students, or does it get sorted for you by the university?

tfs star

Studying abroad was the best decision I ever made in my entire young life. Just go, it was the most amazing time of my life. I lived in London, and I learned so many things outside of the classroom from being on my own in a big city like that.

24-02-2007
scenester

GO study abroad!! Especially in Copenhagen...which is where I am right now on exchange. Everyone is really friendly. Everyone speaks english which is a definite need for me. Beautiful city, good shopping, and I love the nightlife here. There are people from all over the world that you will get to know. Im loving it so much that i am considering staying for another semester. Definitely go study abroad, I tell that to everyone! Let us know what happens!

24-02-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHairDay
How do you go about finding a place to stay with other students, or does it get sorted for you by the university?
my university housed us in a dorm with French college students in the summer, but then we found our own apartments for the rest of the year. It was nice because a small group of us californians remained friends throughout the year and traveled and hung out together, but we were scattered throughout the city so we had enough contact with locals to learn the language and get adjusted individually.

le rêve est réalité...
24-02-2007
Naturellement pulpeuse

Paris I and ENS both said they could do something about accomodation.

For American students, it seems that you generally either pass or fail courses abroad rather than them affecting your grades. This meant that lots of the Americans on my course packed in year long exchanges after a term because they were more interested in improving their GPA.

V.I.P.

Courses in France were graded for me when I went, but it had to translate into the american letter grade system. We generally had inflated grades which meant that we could get in even more partying than we would've at home.

le rêve est réalité...
24-02-2007
in the mood for love

I am studying abroad (UK) atm but im also going to Germany in my 3rd year. I really recommend it. Even if you're shy (like me) you'll definitely enjoy it, see new places and learn a lot. Go for it!

i'm almost ready..

the university offered us on campus housing too...
it was fabulous....
we all partied a lot more than we would at home too....

04-03-2007
scenester

i want to go study abroad to...switzerland, or Italy. but fear is holding me back, can anyone help me out? Im thinking of becomming an Au Pair in Switzerland and attend a language school to learn the language.
The problem is I want to go very badly but I have a bf. But I guess it can be a test if he will wait -he he he
Anyways any advice for someone like me?

scenester

I studied abroad in Copenhagen! I loved it... so much, in fact, that I'm going back to work for the program I studied abroad through! I'll be back in late July. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have (I LOVE talking about my experience!), but I'm in a rush right now so I have to keep this short. If you want, I can send you my e-mail address (I don't check the one TFS has listed for me very much, so I'd send you another...)

04-03-2007
scenester

i would love you chat with you about your expierance-thank you

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abroad, studying