How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2006
rising star

Lena, they aren't? That is too bad, I looked at the gallery from the students fashion show and I was quite impressed with their clothes compared to other schools. I was looking through their site and their masters program interested me a great deal. I will have to reconsider now.

Do you have suggestions of schools that you know offer summer programs? Most of the summer "fashion design" courses I have found just focus on drawing.

05-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushka_BeLLa
What exactly do these courses entail?
go to the websites and see!

05-01-2006
etre soi-meme

rockit, acid did a term or two with them and he didnt sound very pleased,
but as i said already, its just a summer program so why not? much more if one uses this as a foundation course

05-01-2006
rising star

yah and I guess if I am interested in the masters program I would know after the summer program if I liked it or not. I will have to find acid and ask him what he didn't like about the school to get his feedback. I know there is a London and a Milan campus so maybe it was school/instructor specific and not the actual program...either way I'm still on the hunt for other options but they are hard to find because I want something that is intensive since I already know how to do everything in a way and would just like some formal instruction to work out the bad habits I've taught myself and find shortcuts I didn't know about.

05-01-2006
etre soi-meme

even if you attend Marangoni, try to avoid Milan, if you can.. it's a terribly depressing town, much more during summer
London is much better since you will be able to hit the libraries, retail boutiques, flea markets and the art galleries..
i believe CSM have a summer course, this could be much more interesting.

why dont you contact acid by PM? i'm sure he will help you out

08-01-2006
rising star

thanks Lena I'm going to check out CSM right now. Also I have been trying to pm acid but I haven't been able to access the board for several days. Glad it's back up! (or maybe it was just me...? not sure).

anyway thanks!

09-01-2006
rising star

Lena, CSM is EXACTLY what I wanted. Thank you soooo much for suggesting it. I really was looking for those industry/career type courses like how to develope a line, or fashion forcasting, etc etc that I can not easily get from a book. I am super pumped to go. I know it is nothing compared to a degree but it at least gives me the solid foundation that I feel I am lacking on the creative/analytical side of things.

thanks again!

14-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beata
i go to the academy of art univ. in san francisco and they offer online and summmer classes. i havent taken any of the online or summer ones yet but was actually thinking of taking some over the summer. the schools website is www.academyart.edu hope it helps
does anyone know about this site? I want to join to one of the fashion design courses but i dont know both how to join or what the price is.....

14-01-2006
rising star

give them an email, they replied to my questions within a day )

17-01-2006
windowshopping

Home study Fashion courses?
HI,
I got to ask the fashion pros...

I am an illustrator, but I dont know anything about fashion and I only need to learn how to draw clothing and accessories and mix and match them...I was looking for a book , but the sketches looks so dated...

then, I found this online course

Despite of the ugly website design, I fell in love with all sketches, and the details and it just looks awesome to me
http://www.fashioncampus.it/inglese%...N%20DESIGN.htm ( you have to scrooll your page way down to see it)

The full course is $280..a bit expensive..
and
for $90
they have a how to draw celebrity fashion book http://www.fashioncampus.it/inglese%...%20Fashion.htm

Im just a beginner...what you guys think...
is there any other book that would teach how to do skecthes like that...

or has anyone tried this fashioncampus before??/
any reviews?

thanks a loooooooot

23-03-2006
fashion elite

Summer Programs
I was wondering if any fashion schools in the northeast have good summer programs. I've never taken any design/fashion classes, nor do I know how to sew, so I'm looking for a beginners "learn fashion design" type of program, any suggestions?

24-03-2006
Bel
front row

I'm going to Pratt's summer program. High school and college students can take classes over the summer. The idea behind the high school program is that you get an idea of what freshman year will be like. You choose your elective, fashion design in my case, and take three "foundation" classes.

27-03-2006
windowshopping

Hello!
I live in Paris so I could'nt help you for northeast schools, but if you look on their web sites maybe you'll know if they have summer sessions and which level you need to apply.

27-03-2006
front row

DEFINITELY check out Fashion Institute of Technology's Summer Live Program, which runs for three weeks in July , Monday to Thursday (9 30-12 30; 1 20-4 30) OR Saturday Live, which runs in the Fall and also in the Spring.
http://www.fitnyc.edu

30-03-2006
fashion icon

Fashion Schools

New York:
Fashion Institute of Technology
Parsons fashion school

London:
London school of fashion
Saint Martins

Paris:
?