How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2005
about to fall or fly

^ awesome, thanks!

your site looks good..i'm collecting ideas for my site, if i can ever get it up and running

05-05-2005
a dim capacity for wings

francesca, i really like what you posted! especially the third picture with this mixture of movement and stillness and the clean light and dark colours.
you should be proud

05-05-2005
about to fall or fly

thanks so much annak...i'm glad you noticed the light and dark colors..it's always something i pay a lot of attn to when i take pictures..it's nice to know it's not all for naught!

thanks again, it means a lot to me!

05-05-2005
a dim capacity for wings

back

05-05-2005
about to fall or fly

with my confidence renewed...

here are a couple more from that same group of photos

Last edited by .francesca; 10-12-2005 at 11:53 PM.
06-05-2005
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

love the darkness in ur photography francesca. kind of allows someone to assess the photo even more. you also seem to have a great likin for neutrals

about to fall or fly

thanks, urban! it's true..i do like neutrals. i find that in other people's photography, really vibrant, saturated colors looks amazing..i've just never really enjoyed it in my own work. with that said, i'm going to do a photo shoot this summer and i'm going to try vibrant film..so we'll see how it turns out!

thanks again for your kind words

06-05-2005
windowshopping

Love your stuff Francesca! I am a big fan of the ambiguity that permeates those images.

06-05-2005
about to fall or fly

welcome lighthouse and thank you!

wow, the feedback i've gotten from this forum alone is some of the best i've ever heard! any critisisms?

you guys are amazing!

06-05-2005
windowshopping

Thanks for the Welcome!

Well certainly the the second shot on the second post is a little thin, in terms of exposure, but I guess that could be the tranny/neg/print, or scan of said medium. Are these purely fashion or do they have an intention? Are you trying to communicate a mood or theme through these shots?

Last edited by The Lighthouse; 06-05-2005 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections - gotta stop typing so fast
06-05-2005
about to fall or fly

^ it's most likely my scan..the neg is a bit thin, but i was sort of going for that kind of lighting...i wanted her to be hiding a little. i used all natural lighting, no hotlights or anything, and while there is a ton of light in that stairwell, i think it was overcast, so i knew i wasn't going to get any harsh lighting, but it ended up being exactly what i wanted.

anyway, i don't think they're purely fashion shots...you'll notice that the models aren't wearing like, really exciting clothes or anything. i'm really interested in angles, light and shadow, colors... stuff like that when i shoot and i was going for sort of awkward positions or positions that would seem out of the ordinary. i'm still working on more from this series that i haven't shot yet...maybe the complete series would be easier to see. in general, my first instinct when setting up shots isn't what the mood is but what it's going to look like. maybe you could call it a physical rather than emotional relationship..but after i see all the images together, moods come out and they start speaking to me. i think anyone who takes pictures could say that it's a process that doesn't end when the shoot ends. it's a pretty long relationship.

it's been a long time since i've actually shot a person deliberately...meaning, not at a live rock show or covertly something. other fashion stuff i've done has been on dress forms or mannequins, and other times it's been people i didn't know (the girl is a friend and the boy is my boyfriend) so it was a totally different situation. i love shooting people i know because i find it easier to get them to do really weird stuff..although shooting people i don't know is also really fun.

do you take pictures too?

06-05-2005
windowshopping

I do indeed, although it seems I will need to upload them to the web before I can put them on this forum...

06-05-2005
about to fall or fly

oop, nope! in the advanced reply, scroll down to 'manage attachments' and you can upload from your computer

06-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaz
http://www.pamelareed.com

It's just been redesigned.. and some things still have to be uploaded/created. I also took down alot of my old work. Thank you for your comments on my work too.
Pamela rocks! She is coming to NYC in Junr & I'm very excited - we shall make magic

06-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashinfashion
hey pamela i went to your website, you have some cool stuff! what do you shoot with? i am an aspiring photographer also. also do some styling, i just finished a styling assisting job with maxim mag, it was fun! heres some photos i took recently.

I love them! I added you to my buddy list on the fourms - I'd love to work with you sometime

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, fashion, photographers, post, posting, read, share, tfs, work