How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2006
windowshopping

Hey everyone, I'm new here

Wow, you're all such great photographers!

I especially like yours Pamela. They're some of the best fashion photos I've seen. My favourite shoots would be the "broken wall" photoshoot and the "candy" shoot. Can't wait to see more.

28-02-2006
windowshopping

Hello everybody,

First - great work, pamela. Keep up!
Francesca - I like your photos very much. I love the mood.

Second, I would like to show some of my work. I am a fashion/beauty and lifestyle photographer from Germany (near Munich).

I want to move from here (by the end of the year), since there is not much fashion in here... (same story like pamela ..)
I am thinking about Hamburg or Paris. If anybody would like to share his experiences about starting the business in a new city I would be very grateful. Suggestions, problems. Anything.
At least I won't feel so alone
Also if anybody here happens to live and work in one of the two cities, some advice would be super-great! Thank you.

However, here are some fashion images I was working on. Please feel free to comment!

There is some more work (editorial, beauty, fashion) on the website (www.cristinanaan.com)

I'm keen of feedback.

Bye,
Cristina

02-03-2006
front row

I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't had a lot of time to post. Since I posted, sirjimbob and I have finally joined forces as a team. We've been somewhat working together (assisting each other) for the past 2+ years, so finally it's Reed+Rader.. since doing that, I can see our work getting better and better... things are exciting right now! We have 4 shoots this week so things are like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH right now! And now I'm coming down with the flu.. yuck! I'll try to post some of our shoots soon!

pantoufle - I really like the fashion work you posted. I dig the cold feeling - I think you can definetely explore that style...it's alot more moodier/mysterious than your other work. Starting in any city is at first difficult (and intimidating) but if you're confident about your work, then anything is possible. I've only been in NYC for not even a year, and already I'm doing magazine work and working with some of the top agencies (DNA, Elite, Marilyn, etc), not to mention making my living off of photography.. just always self promote, self promote! It's a 24/7 job - you know? I think if you want to be involved in the fashion industry though, you need to move to where it's at. If not, the contacts and the team you need to work with just isn't going to be there... Good luck!

pinkpinkpink - Thank you!

green_eyed_ange - I get really inspired by old films - black and white.. noir styles. The lighting, the clothing, the actresses - always amazing. If you just watch one film, you can completely come up with 5 ideas right there.... very inspiring!

windowshopping

hi pantoufle/christina

your images are clean and are pretty moody..the color temp seems cooler..u shld checkout 2 of my friend's work, john clang who is with art+commerce (www.artandcommerce.com and click on CLANG) and yangtan @ http://www.yangtan.com

nice work too..how long have u been shooting and what's your background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantoufle
Hello everybody,

First - great work, pamela. Keep up!
Francesca - I like your photos very much. I love the mood.

Second, I would like to show some of my work. I am a fashion/beauty and lifestyle photographer from Germany (near Munich).

I want to move from here (by the end of the year), since there is not much fashion in here... (same story like pamela ..)
I am thinking about Hamburg or Paris. If anybody would like to share his experiences about starting the business in a new city I would be very grateful. Suggestions, problems. Anything.
At least I won't feel so alone
Also if anybody here happens to live and work in one of the two cities, some advice would be super-great! Thank you.

However, here are some fashion images I was working on. Please feel free to comment!

There is some more work (editorial, beauty, fashion) on the website (www.cristinanaan.com)

I'm keen of feedback.

Bye,
Cristina

Last edited by .francesca; 03-03-2006 at 12:19 PM. Reason: please don't quote images - see tfs guidelines
03-03-2006
about to fall or fly

pantoufle - thanks for the compliments! i'm working on new stuff so i'll post it when i get it all done.

welcome! i LOVE the first 3 images you posted - like pamela said, their coldness is really great. i love the colors you got. i'd love to see some of your other work...post post post!

windowshopping

moving from pantoufle to chiara_luna
Hello!

I don't want to confuse anybody, so I'll keep it short - I had problems with my (pantoufle) account so with the help of AndoraStar I have this new account (chiara_luna) working.
I'll stick with only this new one to avoid misunderstandings..

Thank you for all your replies!

It's really very interesting that you all like the fashion work more, because in germany they prefer my more natural shots. (see attached images)

@ong.nicholas: I remember CLANG's work, I like the light + the jumping photos a lot + the one sleeping on the tree + on the floor! Crazy ideas, I adore that...
Very nice mood in yangtan's work.
do you assist these two photographers?

I have graphic design background (worked in the area for about 6 years during university). About 1,5 years ago I realized that photography is what I trully want to do, it's my passion. I could let go everything, just not my picture-box

I learn everything myself. I shoot digital and photoshop the colors. I need my colors, I mostly like them cold/blue, I don't know why. maybe because that way the image is more irreal.

thank you for your nice words pamela!
and you're right, of course, fashion photography can only work where fashion is... here none there is ...

I will post more fashion work, I have lots of ideas...

Thank you for your encouragement

bye
cristina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jelena_tree.jpg (112.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg silja_snow_2.jpg (73.6 KB, 8 views)

03-03-2006
windowshopping

HELLO !!!

I just posted a new website. Any comments or suggestions
would be welcomed. Thank you.

Nikolai
http://www.nikolai-photo.com

07-03-2006
windowshopping

hi cristina

nice to hear from you again. i'm just like you - also from a graphic design background..i love portraits, landscapes and fashion (but not the prima donnas though!) CLANG's personal work always evokes some thoughts whenever i look at them. I've assisted YangTan before, as for CLANG it's more difficult as he has high expectations of his assistants (although i never popped the question to him as to whether i could assist)..he's very busy shooting ad campaigns in LA and around the world..but we all meet up occasionally for a meal as we are all singaporeans.

I must say that assisting to me is pretty important, especially with a photographer you like because u learn alot on set and also how to troubleshoot technical problems. Have u assisted before? i'm currently assisting a few photographers now...my ambition is to be like fabien baron..a luminaire who can art direct and shoot! while archiving his work for his soon to be up website, i saw all the stuff he did for Hugo Boss...very interesting stuff! initially i thought it was craig mcdean or david sims who shot that..but it was actually fabien..

anyway keep up the good work and keep shooting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiara_luna
Hello!

I don't want to confuse anybody, so I'll keep it short - I had problems with my (pantoufle) account so with the help of AndoraStar I have this new account (chiara_luna) working.
I'll stick with only this new one to avoid misunderstandings..

Thank you for all your replies!

It's really very interesting that you all like the fashion work more, because in germany they prefer my more natural shots. (see attached images)

@ong.nicholas: I remember CLANG's work, I like the light + the jumping photos a lot + the one sleeping on the tree + on the floor! Crazy ideas, I adore that...
Very nice mood in yangtan's work.
do you assist these two photographers?

I have graphic design background (worked in the area for about 6 years during university). About 1,5 years ago I realized that photography is what I trully want to do, it's my passion. I could let go everything, just not my picture-box

I learn everything myself. I shoot digital and photoshop the colors. I need my colors, I mostly like them cold/blue, I don't know why. maybe because that way the image is more irreal.

thank you for your nice words pamela!
and you're right, of course, fashion photography can only work where fashion is... here none there is ...

I will post more fashion work, I have lots of ideas...

Thank you for your encouragement

bye
cristina

07-03-2006
windowshopping

hey nikolai

fancy seeing you here your 4x5 portraits are superb! we should meet up for coffee sometime when things are not so crazy and catch up. speak soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyasikg
HELLO !!!

I just posted a new website. Any comments or suggestions
would be welcomed. Thank you.

Nikolai
http://www.nikolai-photo.com

30-03-2006
windowshopping

David Guijarro —Photographer
Hi everybody!
I'm new 'round here. Just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm a photographer from Madrid, Spain. I work mainly in fashion and advertising, but I really like the travel photography also.
It would be great if you guys could visit my sites, at www.davidguijarro.com and at www.onemodelplace.com/davidguijarro/
I'm also starting a fashion photography blog. It's called "Della moda" and you can find it at dellamoda.blogspot.com

Thanks a lot to everyone and have a great month (better than just a day!)

David

30-03-2006
a dim capacity for wings

welcome david, thanks for sharing!
i merged your post into the fashion photographers lookbook where member photographers discuss their work

31-03-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

man u guys are talented it hurts!! check out some of my photography on my site www.eguana.8m.com

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

some of my more recent stuff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bright_colours_by_bagwana.jpg (46.0 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg perfume_ad_by_bagwana.jpg (10.6 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg colour_manipulation_by_bagwana.jpg (46.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg portrait__by_bagwana.jpg (40.0 KB, 3 views)

windowshopping

Bernardo Baragaño
Hello everybody, my name is Bernardo Baragaño and I´m a fashion photographer from Spain. My web is www.vertigoestudio.com and I would like to know your opinion of my work.

Good luck.

31-03-2006
about to fall or fly

hi bernardo, i really love the set design in your fashion shots...great job! and welcome to the fashion spot!

Tags
#1, fashion, photographers, post, posting, read, share, tfs, work