tFS Fashion Photographers - Share Your Work. Before Posting, please read Post #1 - Page 56 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2015
tfs star

About a boy who came back from the dead.

***Edited*** Please do not post links to your site, per the thread rules (see post #1).

thanks for coment i am learning to make pictures and we had a vintage Christian Dior blazer so it was so nice.

Last edited by BetteT; 02-01-2015 at 12:39 PM.
17-06-2015
V.I.P.

You guyssssssssss I wanted to share a great news with our fashion community... I have just shot Brazilian supermodel Henrique Hansmann today for my magazine Cool Korea!!! It´s been one of the most thrilling experiences in my life: to work with a bonafide supermodel and have one of his agencies´support and my team was there and he was truly charismatic and fun and so eloquent.

I rarely say that and yeah it may sounds corny but of all the male models in the world, few have the x factor for becoming supermodels, we like them or something about them but some of them miss that magic element and this guy has it. He has the body, the height, face, knowledge, potential and is very polite and cool. Today has been a real treat to have him sincerely. As editor-in-chief of my own magazine and photographer, I feel very thankful and blessed to have worked with him. Keep checking the mag for the future editorial of this male supermodel )

V.I.P.

Hey guys As I told you over a few weeks ago my team and I got the amazing opportunity to work and shoot Brazilian famous supermodel Henrique Hansmann and we had a blast. He was really really down to earth, so funny and since some of you were interested in seeing the results then... HERE IS THE COVER! We went for a more demure look for our July 2015 cover because we were always showing off a lot of bodies recently and I wanted to show him as a strong and fierce man on the cover. He´s wearing Zara SS15 and we also shot him for a 14 pages editorial spread which I will post on my website because it´s forbidden to do self-promotion on the forum.

I would truly love to receive your guys´opinions, really. I have always been a big fan of magazine covers and this forum is my favorite place on the Internet, really. So I would like to hear from all of you your thoughts on the cover: even the worst ones lol because that´s the only way a good magazine grows up. From the coverlines to the photo itself or whatever you feel like commenting on.

Here is also a video preview of the covershoot :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8GtTDMrGv8

tfs star

Is this magazine available in print or exclusively online/on your iPad? If it's not available in print, I think the "collector's edition" headline is a bit.... misused.

Overall, I don't think the cover seems very fashion-forward and doesn't feel very July, but it's also a million times better than anything I'd come up with, I'm sure. It stays true to the "darker and stronger" vibe mentioned on the cover. He looks intense, brooding, and I like the image, I just think I might have used lighter background colors and less text. But it's not my magazine, it's yours and I think you put together some good work! Looking forward to seeing your next cover.

front row

^ I agree, the cover looks great but I prefer the brighter background and less titles. But you did a good job

04-07-2015
trendsetter

I like your photography
It's not over produced with retouching. And that type of side lighting without a fill light can be super effective. I think it's done really well here.
I don't even find it too dark for a summer issue. reminds me of walking on a beach on a summer night.
I think you could have cropped the image even closer too really amp up the effect. Go tight!

Hope you're not offended if I edit your work to create a couple examples.
Tighter crops:

04-07-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofVERSAILLES View Post
Is this magazine available in print or exclusively online/on your iPad? If it's not available in print, I think the "collector's edition" headline is a bit.... misused.

Overall, I don't think the cover seems very fashion-forward and doesn't feel very July, but it's also a million times better than anything I'd come up with, I'm sure. It stays true to the "darker and stronger" vibe mentioned on the cover. He looks intense, brooding, and I like the image, I just think I might have used lighter background colors and less text. But it's not my magazine, it's yours and I think you put together some good work! Looking forward to seeing your next cover.
The magazine is available in print, free online preview and on the iPad, we have our own app in the Apple store and kiosk and google play store. Ya I felt maybe we needed something fresher for the summer issue on the cover but since in Korea they love darker themes for the cover and the styling and all, that´s why I went with this aesthetic you know. Plus we always have multiple covers so others have a more summery vibe I guess, if you can check them out great Thank you very very much for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungnam96 View Post
^ I agree, the cover looks great but I prefer the brighter background and less titles. But you did a good job
I would have liked indeed less titles but then the more my team and I were making the cover try outs the more I felt we needed the coverlines somehow héhé. Thanks so much for your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfl-001 View Post
I like your photography
It's not over produced with retouching. And that type of side lighting without a fill light can be super effective. I think it's done really well here.
I don't even find it too dark for a summer issue. reminds me of walking on a beach on a summer night.
I think you could have cropped the image even closer too really amp up the effect. Go tight!

Hope you're not offended if I edit your work to create a couple examples.
Tighter crops:

No no don´t worry I loved that you played with the cover and gave me an option of what we could have done with my team actually. It´s brillant. There were so many good shots for the cover but we ended up picking up this one for the stand and the expression in his eyes but yeah a very tight close-up could have been cool too. The actual image is actually going to his knees so I cropped it but it wasn´t cropped enough for ya ahaha. For the amount of text the funny thing is that I´ve always been a defensor of less is more with the coverlines but the further we go with the shoots the more coverlines I want on the covers ahaha

If you get the chance to have a look at our editorial then if you like you can show me your thoughts or photo options about which other image would have made an equally eye-catching cover

Thank you guys so much and I´m in talk with 2 big models for the upcoming issues...

windowshopping

LUCY'S Magazine
Five images from a recent webitorial for LUCY'S Magazine

Tiffany Johnson @PRM
Bom Seol @Select
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (351.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (200.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (310.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (287.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (215.6 KB, 0 views)

23-03-2017
windowshopping

Design SCENE Magazine
5 from a recent shoot for Design SCENE Magazine

Daisy Boote @PRM
Paige Stevens @Linden Staub (previously @IMG)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ds49_1.jpg (215.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ds51_1.jpg (199.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ds52_1.jpg (145.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ds57_2.jpg (203.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ds58_1.jpg (156.6 KB, 2 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, fashion, photographers, post, posting, read, share, tfs, work