How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylish_chic
Hello dolls!

I am new here, so I dont know how 'quote' thing works on here!

Anyway, its interesting how people keeps mentioning about Parsons. From what I heard, its really expenisve. But how expensive? How much is the fee per year for a higher education course? I really want to go istituto marangoni to study a fashion stylist course next year after finishing my art foundation course at Saint Martins this year. It is the course I am looking for and what i really want to do. Its also the only course in UK I could find. But Its really expensive at istituto maraangoni too, fees are 6300 per year. I was really gutted when I first found out as I cant afford it. I am wondering if I would have some help with the fees same way as if I go to a university belonged by governments? As I come from low income family and I would have some help with fees if i go to a university belonged by governments. Does anyone know about it?

Are there any students or ex students from istituto marangoni here?

Love Lisanne x
hello nope u cant get grants or nefin, i tried to apply but i got rejected lol very not funny, n they onli do scolarships for masters.

21-08-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylish_chic
Hi again,
I just read Veronica message, sorry i didnt read it before I wrote my last message! Look like its a bad news to me about Marangoni as it only has fashion stylist course in England, seriously I can't believe it. Why Can't other places have a course like that? I know you can go do fashion design to become a fashion stylist but the thing is I dont think a fashion design course where you have to draw, cutting and sewing all the time really suits me and I wouldn't enjoy it much. Is Marangoni really that crap?? Maybe it is different in London and Milian? I know the money is too mcuh, but what choices do i have??

Lisanne x
don't take it too seriously! i think you should talk with a few different students and graduates of london's marangoni and ask about their opinion because you know, people talk A LOT, mostly about bad stuff. i don't think marangoni is really THAT bad. just take a peak and find out yourself!

21-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaH
don't take it too seriously! i think you should talk with a few different students and graduates of london's marangoni and ask about their opinion because you know, people talk A LOT, mostly about bad stuff. i don't think marangoni is really THAT bad. just take a peak and find out yourself!
oh right thanks!

21-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionpolice_
Is there anyone here who is/have been a student at London College of Fashion?? I'm thinking about going there...is it a good school? is it hard getting admitted? I was thinking about applying for the fashion management course. Thanks!!
i don't know about thier management course, but their footwear design is the best outside of italy i think. i also enjoyed the overall atmosphere. good luck

21-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by truecolours
have you tried kwantlen? it's on the west coast...
yep, also Emily Carr :p

21-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabeth
Let me put it this way. I go to a smaller school that offers the EXACT same program and classes as FIT for a lesser dollar amount.
(I know this because the teachers I have now used to teach there and know the staff there) That is the only difference. Girls and guys alike from my school have gone on to FIT to get there BS or to Buffalo State College (another great school to check out) and have gotten some amazing jobs. Some I know have gone to be the opener for ALL Victoria Secret Fashion Shows like she cordinates them and all that jazz. One has gone on to be a designer for Target. I could keep going but for example these two people along with the many others i know that have amazing jobs did not go on after Genesee Community College the only degress they had was an Applied Associates - I see nothing wrong with that.
Laura-
thanks for responding. I totally agree it is more about your talent and how you apply yourself.

21-08-2005
windowshopping

I have not read every reply in here, so I hope Im not repeating any questions.
Im a senior in high school and I love fashion and want to do it SO BAD.
I am considering, Otis, Drexel,RISD, Parsons, and Syracuse.
Have you heard anything about Drexel or Syracuse in terms of the program?
And also, along portfolio lines, is it okay to submit clothing I have made for it?
I know that at Syracuse they dont accept clothing for the portfoluio which i think is STUPID but oh well.
The thing is I am not the best drawer in the universe but I can make clothes.
And if I should have some drawing in my portfolio, how much of it do you think ?
Sorry for all the questions!!
I have good grades, but I am just really worried about my portfolio.

21-08-2005
front row

^Why don't you photograph your clothing

22-08-2005
windowshopping

do u all realize tha only lcf and marangoni offer a masters course in brand management!!

22-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaH
i'm still hesitating a lot. marangoni seems to be crap, but are there really any other good schools in milan? i know about Istituto Europeo di Design, Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti and Istituto di Moda Burgo. any info on those ones? good, bad?
and oh, as far as i know domus has only masters programs.
just a thought... marangoni is noted as the best college in italy(by a few newspaper quotes in milan as well as students in and around studying in various institutes there)... so if that is not good all others in there would by logic, be worse.

22-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oria
i don't know about thier management course, but their footwear design is the best outside of italy i think. i also enjoyed the overall atmosphere. good luck
Thank you so much!!

22-08-2005
backstage pass

What do you need to do to get into a fashion school?
I'm hoping to get into a fashion school next fall...
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what steps they took into getting into a fashion school?

Any tips would be great! Thank you.

22-08-2005
living in the sprawl

try reading through this thread

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ead.php?t=3823

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen

22-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz
just a thought... marangoni is noted as the best college in italy(by a few newspaper quotes in milan as well as students in and around studying in various institutes there)... so if that is not good all others in there would by logic, be worse.
the guy at the reception at a hotel i was staying at in milan (grand hotel et de milan) said that marangoni was probably the best in the whole of europe (exaggeration???) but then again as i have mentioned before it is HOW you apply yourself to the course that really matters. you can't expect to be spoonfed everything!!

22-08-2005
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by truecolours
the guy at the reception at a hotel i was staying at in milan (grand hotel et de milan) said that marangoni was probably the best in the whole of europe (exaggeration???) but then again as i have mentioned before it is HOW you apply yourself to the course that really matters. you can't expect to be spoonfed everything!!
if thats the best fashion school in europe then fashion is dead

also.......there is a difference between being spoonfed and being taught properly
they dont show you how to do anything properly, just expect you to magically know as you do.....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, megathread, schools, tfs