How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_synp
I am taking foundation course in CSM now. Going for BA course after that in fashion in CSM as well.
You doing art foundation course at Central Saint martins this September? Me too! Might see you around!

Lisanne x

09-09-2005
rising star

where exactly is CSM?

09-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmEllie
where exactly is CSM?
CSM is Central Saint Martins, a famous art school in London.

By the way I am from Bristol too!

09-09-2005
rising star

oh really? wow!
i'm actually from weston-super-mare, but i go to city of bristol college. im doing media at college, and i wanted to take fashion and clothing this year but they've decided to move it to by saint pauls which isn't very practical for me to get to...

10-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylish_chic
You doing art foundation course at Central Saint martins this September? Me too! Might see you around!

Lisanne x

Really cool!!!
Which group are you in?
I am going for the enrolment on 19th. At 2pm you?

Pam

10-09-2005
front row

i'm a sophomore in college majoring in biology. (pre-med) i am considering to transfer to fashion design because i have grown such an interest in it the past couple of years. however, i don't even know if i'm capable of doing it! if anything, i would LOVE to do fashion journalism or open up a boutique. my sister graduated with a design and merchandise major and is GREAT at it.

so... my question is... can anyone tell me what its like to go through 4 years of fashion school? if i transferred i would probably have to catch up QUICK. but that's ok.

i dont know where i'm really going, i just want some input. reply or PM me. thanks!

10-09-2005
windowshopping

hey people in here~
i went istituto marangoni and graduated there 2 yrs ago and now ive just graduated from central saint martins with a master and now i have a great job in the industry.

csm is an okay school not as great as u all make out it the teachers there relieys u to work idepentley and do own research.Some are harsh and nasty not as nice as they first seemed.facilities where ok, but u have limited access to them, mainly having to use my own machine when i was home!but it certainly is a reccommended place for masters.but if i had another choice i think i would had gone abroad like marangoni, it was a great experiece, i know alot of ppl in here are critizing it but i think it helped me alot and for sure it has givin me good life experieces, the teacher i had was gd, he was strict enough to make us do work and be a successfully trained person rather then a lacked of dude!bless them

10-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisiley
hey people in here~
i went istituto marangoni and graduated there 2 yrs ago and now ive just graduated from central saint martins with a master and now i have a great job in the industry.

csm is an okay school not as great as u all make out it the teachers there relieys u to work idepentley and do own research.Some are harsh and nasty not as nice as they first seemed.facilities where ok, but u have limited access to them, mainly having to use my own machine when i was home!but it certainly is a reccommended place for masters.but if i had another choice i think i would had gone abroad like marangoni, it was a great experiece, i know alot of ppl in here are critizing it but i think it helped me alot and for sure it has givin me good life experieces, the teacher i had was gd, he was strict enough to make us do work and be a successfully trained person rather then a lacked of dude!bless them
Did you go to Istituto marangoni In Milian or London? Is it good? Which course did you do? I am interested in going to London one to do fashion stylist course next year, I might do the course for a year in Milian but the rest of course in London. What sort of job you do now?

Lisanne x

10-09-2005
Your pm box is full buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maganda_x3
i'm a sophomore in college majoring in biology. (pre-med) i am considering to transfer to fashion design because i have grown such an interest in it the past couple of years. however, i don't even know if i'm capable of doing it! if anything, i would LOVE to do fashion journalism or open up a boutique. my sister graduated with a design and merchandise major and is GREAT at it.

so... my question is... can anyone tell me what its like to go through 4 years of fashion school? if i transferred i would probably have to catch up QUICK. but that's ok.

i dont know where i'm really going, i just want some input. reply or PM me. thanks!

I went through 5 years of Fashion School.. Towards the end you just want it all to end... but it wasn't horrible... Just lots of work.

10-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Did you go to Istituto marangoni In Milian or London? Is it good? Which course did you do? I am interested in going to London one to do fashion stylist course next year, I might do the course for a year in Milian but the rest of course in London. What sort of job you do now?

Lisanne x
hello Lisanne.

I did Fashion Design course, i had friends who did Fashion Styling, it was great last yr at marangoni everyone got together to produce there majors, i must admitt the styling people where so professional not tacky all so great!

I actually attended london istituto marangoni one yr and 2 yrs in milano because im originally from scotland i thought studying abroad would be so amazing!so i went milan 2 yrs and did my final year in london it was a great experience i loved the milan school so wat you call "fashion school" compared to so called London college fashion and CSM because marangoni focouses on fashion thats what i liked where as my masters year at CSM was ART!for me thats not so good.but it was interesting!London marangoni campus, was bare the year i went it was Well new, and indeed they need time to get all facilities and and everything so i suppose they just need time so i dont think its much of the problem.because its understanderable, if people just moans how badly structured it is, have they thought how new the campus is before speaking?
i think Istituto MArangoni is deffinatly a good school!i really hope this helps and i hope i havent affended anyone.

I am working at Oasis headoffice at the moment as a genral trainiee designer i got my job 2 months after i graduated at CSM, having the two schools on my CV has gave me soo many opputunities.and then next year i am hoping to launch into a bigger fashion house.

i hope this helps you babes.if you have any more questions feel free to ask me!

Cisiley.

Last edited by cisiley; 10-09-2005 at 04:39 PM.

12-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
hello Lisanne.

I did Fashion Design course, i had friends who did Fashion Styling, it was great last yr at marangoni everyone got together to produce there majors, i must admitt the styling people where so professional not tacky all so great!

I actually attended london istituto marangoni one yr and 2 yrs in milano because im originally from scotland i thought studying abroad would be so amazing!so i went milan 2 yrs and did my final year in london it was a great experience i loved the milan school so wat you call "fashion school" compared to so called London college fashion and CSM because marangoni focouses on fashion thats what i liked where as my masters year at CSM was ART!for me thats not so good.but it was interesting!London marangoni campus, was bare the year i went it was Well new, and indeed they need time to get all facilities and and everything so i suppose they just need time so i dont think its much of the problem.because its understanderable, if people just moans how badly structured it is, have they thought how new the campus is before speaking?
i think Istituto MArangoni is deffinatly a good school!i really hope this helps and i hope i havent affended anyone.

I am working at Oasis headoffice at the moment as a genral trainiee designer i got my job 2 months after i graduated at CSM, having the two schools on my CV has gave me soo many opputunities.and then next year i am hoping to launch into a bigger fashion house.

i hope this helps you babes.if you have any more questions feel free to ask me!

Cisiley.
Wow that's amazing! I am so envy of you. Look like I have got a long way to go! But I was thinking, how the hell did you pay for the fees? Marangoni's fees are really expensive. I don't mean to be rude. Did you use a student loan to pay for that? From what I heard student loans are not enough for marangoni's fees and I also need to use it for rent and living. Or is it different in Scotland?

Lisanne x

13-09-2005
yes

how is that possible? the london school only opened 2 years ago, and the students currently attending are only in their second year at the most

Quote:
hello Lisanne.

I actually attended london istituto marangoni one yr and 2 yrs in milano because im originally from scotland i thought studying abroad would be so amazing!so i went milan 2 yrs and did my final year in london it was a great experience i loved the milan school .

13-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
how is that possible? the london school only opened 2 years ago, and the students currently attending are only in their second year at the most
it actually opened in the year 2000.i bk to england to london in 2003.

13-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Wow that's amazing! I am so envy of you. Look like I have got a long way to go! But I was thinking, how the hell did you pay for the fees? Marangoni's fees are really expensive. I don't mean to be rude. Did you use a student loan to pay for that? From what I heard student loans are not enough for marangoni's fees and I also need to use it for rent and living. Or is it different in Scotland?

Lisanne x
i did part time job working as a interior assistant for my mums friend, as my mums an interior designer herself at that time so i had many connections with others and had the choice to work as a assistance as soon as i finished my high school .
Money was okay, as long as i kept up with half working half education, and i had back ups from parents (that is deff needed cos thers so much u need to provide ur self to produce a good portfolio)
Student loans didnt offer me alot of help, because i was studying abroad
but rents and living over in milan is DEFFINATLY ALOT ALOT CHEAPER then london! Scotlands nothing different its all the same through ucas only.

13-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
i did part time job working as a interior assistant for my mums friend, as my mums an interior designer herself at that time so i had many connections with others and had the choice to work as a assistance as soon as i finished my high school .
Money was okay, as long as i kept up with half working half education, and i had back ups from parents (that is deff needed cos thers so much u need to provide ur self to produce a good portfolio)
Student loans didnt offer me alot of help, because i was studying abroad
but rents and living over in milan is DEFFINATLY ALOT ALOT CHEAPER then london! Scotlands nothing different its all the same through ucas only.
I see! So the language in milan's marangoni is English too? As it said its only do Italian language on marangoni's website.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, megathread, schools, tfs