How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-09-2005
windowshopping

polimoda florence italy marco

26-09-2005
windowshopping

Thanx, mcQueen!
I only know FBI... I'll check out the others

26-09-2005
a dim capacity for wings

sorry i can't help you but i moved your post to careers and education i'm sure someone will reply here

26-09-2005
lovely but empty

Does anybody have a link to a (legitimate) list of the world's top fashion schools? I really, really need one so if anyone could find one it'd be a HUGE help.

27-09-2005
windowshopping

What do you think of the accessories design program of fit? Is hard to get in? because i am planning to apply for next fall. what do you think should be my college gpa be as a transfer student? Can you guys please give some tips? How should my portfolio look like? thanks

Last edited by pinkgirl; 27-09-2005 at 09:44 AM.

06-10-2005
V.I.P.

Hi. I shouldn't be thinking about this (since I'm not even 15 yet) but what kind of education do you need before addending all these colleges? They're for the people over 18, right? Also I want to learn styling, fashion history ,fashion journalism and merchandising (sp?), is this possible since these colleges seem to be more about design?

Sorry about all these questions and not-so-good english but I neeeeed to know these things.

06-10-2005
Be a good one

^actually alot of them also have fashion merchandising courses too. atleast the ones in the u.s do. i'm not sure about the others.

06-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOXOlala1010
I'm going to go to a school in the Spring for Fashion Design. I want to go to FIT or Parsons. Any advice on getting into one of those schools.
Im in fashion marketing at parsons, and Im really happy with it.. there are very good teachers, and the career services are really good.. I've checked them and there are new offers every day from fendi, donna karan, celine or chanel to zara, the gap, etc..
in fact, tomorrow I have an interview at burberry!!

Last edited by JRSlims; 06-10-2005 at 11:31 PM.

08-10-2005
windowshopping

Hello everyone. I really need some help, i don't know if this is impossible, but this is really what i want.
I just graduated from high school and i'm taking a year off to to travel and work. Next summer 2006, my friend and I talked about going to New York - just for about 3 months (i don't think our visa will allow more). I'm very passionate about fashion, but i'm not quite sure if that's what I want to educate myself in. So therefore I would really like to find a summer school/summer classes at design schools in New York?
Does anyone know schools that offer summer/winter programs, and have you tried it??? - Thankyou

09-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOXOlala1010
I'm going to go to a school in the Spring for Fashion Design. I want to go to FIT or Parsons. Any advice on getting into one of those schools.
If you're going for design, go to parsons. I've met so many students here at parsons that came from FIT's design program because it was bad. They were telling me there aren't even models to draw from for illustration, they make you draw from pictures, which I think is terrible. FIT from what I understand is more technical, while parsons is said to be more "creative". These are not my words though, these are from students I've talked to that came from FIT. But the general consensus is that if you want to do marketing, go to FIT, if you want to do design, head over to parsons.

I personally love parsons right now, teachers are excellent.

10-10-2005
windowshopping

Digital Design in Fashion
I am studying at Xincon Tech which is located at the fashion district of New York City. The instructors are very experienced. I am learning a lot and love it. You can check their website if you are interested in it.

http://www.xincon.com/site/design.html

11-10-2005
follow the lights

Which school has the best program for Fashion journalism??

12-10-2005
fashion insider

i think the 'istituto europe di design' si very cool, especially in the area 'comunication', is about fashion journalism, check it:
www.ied.it

12-10-2005
windowshopping

first time here
I'm doing a Foundation at London College of Fashion -but want to go into fashion writing/jounalism...does anyone know of any good degrees or enrichment courses?

12-10-2005
follow the lights

thanks i'll do that !

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, megathread, schools, tfs