How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-12-2005
trendsetter

Another question what's the different between a Foundation and a undergrate level? What would be the best for me, considering I just came from high school???

23-12-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

It depends on your level of knowledge. A foundation degree, like the name suggests, is a foundation for your undergraduate degree. A lot of schools offer them as a sort of pre-BA to get you prepared for the BA course. Some people need them, some people don't.

23-12-2005
scenester

Silvi
Silvi, where will you be attending school? What's best for you will totally depend on what country you will be attending in and what your major area of study will be (and if you know what profession you want to shoot for). Where are you planning to go? The US?UK? Somewhere else in Europe?

23-12-2005
windowshopping

Parsons AAS versus BA
Regarding Parsons AAS versus BA. I guess BA program has much training for concept, creativeness as well as construction. AAS focus on construction and practical skills more like FIT. They tend to produce different students. Does anyone go to fashion studies program? Do I guess right?

24-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza s.
Silvi, where will you be attending school? What's best for you will totally depend on what country you will be attending in and what your major area of study will be (and if you know what profession you want to shoot for). Where are you planning to go? The US?UK? Somewhere else in Europe?
^^ thanx meg and eliza

Hii eliza! I was thinking about London Fashion Insititut...I'm very interested in BA (hons) fashion management (3years) and in stage two I could go to fashion marketing....
It's just, I'm doing accountecy and we had a curcus marketing and I really liked it. But I don't really know what I'm expecting and what I could do with it later as career.

24-12-2005
kem
scenester

Fashion School in Vancouver
Has anyone heard of Helen Lefeaux School of Fashion Design in Vancouver? If so, has anyone heard of what kind of jobs the graduates get?? do graduates really work in the U.S and abroad?????

Any info is greatly appreaciated!!!

24-12-2005
scenester

Silvi
Hey Silvi,
I'm no help if you are attending school in the UK . I'm not too sure how their education system works once you get to the university level. If you are planning to attend in the U.S. though, I'm your gal. There's a few schools in New York City that are very well known. The Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons. Though on tFS, most people seem to be bias towards Parsons. Good luck!
-Eliza S.

26-12-2005
trendsetter

^^^ But I'm not sure If I can go to LFC...I'm stuck with the buzzpasword,
I don't even know what it is....why online???!!!
But you can tell more about NY because i'm interessted. But I didn't thought about it to go so far for studie. I think It would be drammatic expensive! And I think it would be so much paperwork since I come from EU.

I think it would be easyer with some help...but I have really big issues with my parents. And I think that's the fact I want to study somewhere I can't see them every day...
Well I didn't have mention it too my parents. I would rather tell them If I would get in. Otherwise they would be dissapoited and It would be something they would discuss about(but really extremely,all the neg points)....

But I'm going to be insane with all the clicks...it's so difficicult to register online.....

27-12-2005
backstage pass

I want to know more information about the school in Paris...
like,Institut Francais de la Mode/ESMOD..etc
which one is better?

28-12-2005
yes

^ i have a friend at ESreally MODE, he has to work REALLY HARD

like they will be set projects for the next day that should really take a week
and their pattern cutting is really advanced, instead of using blocks, they measure everything out

28-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
^ i have a friend at ESreally MODE, he has to work REALLY HARD

like they will be set projects for the next day that should really take a week
and their pattern cutting is really advanced, instead of using blocks, they measure everything out
Sorry, what is "ESreally MODE"?

28-12-2005
yes

sorry i meant ESMODE
that was a typo

28-12-2005
etre soi-meme

most schools are great in Paris, both the ones mentioned are well worth checking out Matthew..

28-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
sorry i meant ESMODE
that was a typo
Oh~It seems so hard to get in......
I will be garduate of my diploma course next year...
I really want to know more information...

How about Institut Francais de la Mode, There's no English Version of its website...
and my french sucks, I dont know what's it talking about in the web.?

Last edited by Mathewthew; 28-12-2005 at 06:03 AM.

28-12-2005
etre soi-meme

you absolutely need french if you dream of studying in Paris..
note that the harder it is to enter a school, the best the school level stays, YOU can make it, its no fun entering 'easy' schools, you will sure regret

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, megathread, schools, tfs