How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
you absolutely need french if you dream of studying in Paris..
note that the harder it is to enter a school, the best the school level stays, YOU can make it, its no fun entering 'easy' schools, you will sure regret
yes, I'm learning French right now, it's harder than English

28-12-2005
windowshopping

hi, i have a question for all those who have attended FIT or are attending FIT, please reply asap. for the fashion design home test and portfolio submission, how long a time period does FIT give the applicant to submit both things, from the time FIT contacts you with the paperwork (meaning, the home test arrives in the mail)? generally when does the paperwork arrive (month?), the application is for fall, so the initial application will be submitted by january 1rst. i called the admissions office and the lady was not helpful at all, she would not give me any estimates for anything. i'm going away for a month in february/march and am concerned i won't be home when they send the home test and will miss out. i know i am supposed to hear about admission by april, so i need some sort of timeline. thanks to anyone who can help!

29-12-2005
windowshopping

some informations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathewthew
I want to know more information about the school in Paris...
like,Institut Francais de la Mode/ESMOD..etc
which one is better?
hi

I'm actually attending esmod and the studio berçot, but I don't know wich one I want to get in yet for september 2006. For both of them you have some question to answer and then they'll give you your answer.
For ESMOD as you're not french you can take your class in english specialy for the "foreign" student.

Esmof Is a good school, but the studio berçot too but they look different lol I had my two appointement to the studio berçot and esmod.

Buut I stil prefer the studio berçot Im not really feeling EsMOD this is very 2 different school.

If you want to know more about them ask me.

ciao

29-12-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

Lena- did you go the London Fashion Institute? If not i've never heard of this place?

29-12-2005
windowshopping

hi everyone!

within the next couple of weeks ill be sending my apps out to ny fash school (parsons, fit, lim) and on in chicago and newton (in mass) im excited but of course VERY scared. any tips??

29-12-2005
windowshopping

oh and could someone PLEASE explain the parsons "activities" for me? im going for design and mangement (business) so i wouldnt think i needed sketches but its soooo confusing.

30-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfhyne
hi

I'm actually attending esmod and the studio berçot, but I don't know wich one I want to get in yet for september 2006. For both of them you have some question to answer and then they'll give you your answer.
For ESMOD as you're not french you can take your class in english specialy for the "foreign" student.

Esmof Is a good school, but the studio berçot too but they look different lol I had my two appointement to the studio berçot and esmod.

Buut I stil prefer the studio berçot Im not really feeling EsMOD this is very 2 different school.

If you want to know more about them ask me.

ciao
Thx~
What's the different between this two school~?
I've thought about studio berçot too.....but dont know which one is better

01-01-2006
trendsetter

Does someone have experience with the UCAS applications? Is it true you have too pay application fee? But if you apply are you inscribe to their school? Well I live in Belgium and their we inscreibe in the summer vacation because we will get our diploma's in end Juin...

01-01-2006
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Lena- did you go the London Fashion Institute? If not i've never heard of this place?
no, i didnt go to LFI meg, never heard of this place either, sorry

on the Esmod VS Studio Bercot i think SB was supposed to be more 'respected' but apparently ESMOD has changed for the best and it is quite a good refference if one plans to work in France..

Matthew, you absolutely need to travel to Paris and 'feel' the mood at both those (and more) schools..
its practically impossible to decide where to study without visiting the actual establishements

01-01-2006
scenester

I'm currently getting my B.A. in English at a fairly good public university in the U.S. but am looking into doing the M.A. program in fashion journalism at CSM. Is it going to be really competitive to get in since I don't have any fashion background?

Thanks for all help!

01-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvi
Does someone have experience with the UCAS applications? Is it true you have too pay application fee? But if you apply are you inscribe to their school? Well I live in Belgium and their we inscreibe in the summer vacation because we will get our diploma's in end Juin...
i think my ucas form was £10 because i only applied for one school for every school you aplly to its and extra £5 or something like that but you can only apply for 3 schools at this time (january onwards)

02-01-2006
rising star

oh, with me it's £5 if you're just appying to one, but then £15 if you're applying to all 6

02-01-2006
trendsetter

^yeah thats right i only applied to one because i was being cocky so it was £5

03-01-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by primad
I'm currently getting my B.A. in English at a fairly good public university in the U.S. but am looking into doing the M.A. program in fashion journalism at CSM. Is it going to be really competitive to get in since I don't have any fashion background?

Thanks for all help!
I think your background in english is the most appropriate. You won't be doing much designing in a writing program.

03-01-2006
scenester

Advice on Schools
hello! I am new to this so please bear with me.

A little background:
I am finishing up my senior year in a small town neglected from Fashion, Art, and all Creativity. I found out that i had a passion for fashion for i've always been the unique one who always stood out because i had a different kind of creativity. It is hard to pursue it in such an environment and would like to know a good way in starting my dreams.

So i have some questions about some schools and would like to know some of your opinions...whether you've attended them or not, what you've heard or experience...all would be great. so what do you think about
FIDM?
OTIS?
F.I.T?
PARSONS?
any other schools that you have in mind that are good...please let me know

Thank so much for your advice
sincerely

-Inez-marie

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, megathread, schools, tfs