How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-03-2004
yes

Oria!!!! this is too hot..........TREAN is taking the summer corse in Milan at Marangoni this summer also

and........i will be in milan in july for the marangoni show on 6th
their parties in milan are OFF THE HOOK.........5000 people

22-03-2004
trendsetter

I have been reading this topic with great interest because I hope to study fashion design at a school in Paris. I have tried contacting Studio bercot but have gotten no response. Does anyone have their e-mail and phone mumber? I am also interested in ESMOD and the school of the Chambre Syndicale. Does anyone have any information about these schools and the quality of their programs? I am leaving for Paris this Friday on a sort of scouting trip-I am going to visit some of the schools. Any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

~Tashi

22-03-2004
scenester

there's always FIDM but they only offer an AA

22-03-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by stylegurrl@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 4:31 pm
I have been reading this topic with great interest because I hope to study fashion design at a school in Paris. I have tried contacting Studio bercot but have gotten no response. Does anyone have their e-mail and phone mumber? I am also interested in ESMOD and the school of the Chambre Syndicale. Does anyone have any information about these schools and the quality of their programs? I am leaving for Paris this Friday on a sort of scouting trip-I am going to visit some of the schools. Any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

~Tashi
esmod is quite basic but not too bad, i think the Chambre school must be good

you could always try to contact the local Institude Francaise for more info on french fashion design schools -just stay away from one called mgm or something like that, its really bad- or go for a web search?
they shouldnt be too hard to locate.
while in paris it will be much easier to find info, just do the yellow pages

22-03-2004
yes

i know what i was gonna ask you Lena......
where do they teach the couture clothes skills?

22-03-2004
trendsetter

Thanks for the info. I visited FIDM a few months back. It wasn't really what I was looking for and I prefer to study in Paris rather than Los Angeles. While in Paris I will ask around at Alliance Francaise and maybe also CROUS-thanks for the idea.

22-03-2004
etre soi-meme

every decent school has a drapping 'moulage' course but it must be the Chambre Syndicale school that actually teaches Couture.

if you are very currious, i can e-mail my buddies in Paris

22-03-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 1:13 pm
i know what i was gonna ask you Lena......
where do they teach the couture clothes skills?
FIT has a haute couture certificate program or something like that. It is made up of about 6 classes that specialize in haute couture techniques.

22-03-2004
trendsetter

i know this whole topic is about fashion design, so i apologize if this is really off topic.

but which school(s) do you guys think is the best for fashion merchandising/marketing ?

And the world will live as one..."
-John Lennon

22-03-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by marc jacobs addict@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 5:47 pm
i know this whole topic is about fashion design, so i apologize if this is really off topic.

but which school(s) do you guys think is the best for fashion merchandising/marketing ?
lol i was going to ask this question as well..XD

and i want to know ,what do you think about these course < fashion marketing/PR sth like that..>? are they useful?
and do u have to draw very nice if u want to aplly for a fashion design course?_?

22-03-2004
etre soi-meme

its not off topic guys

FIT or Parsons (i think) just dont study merchandise in Europe.. we are a bit lame on marketing

22-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

yeah-FIT has a very strong merchadising program...that's what it's really known for and about 50% of the students are in that major...i don't recommend it for fashion design however...some of the other design depts at FIT are quite respected, but parsons is really the place to go in ny if you're interested in fashion design...i can't offer any insight into any european schools

Robbie-the answer is yes i think pr/marketing is very helpful and you should definitley take it and i think you have to be able to draw pretty well for fashion design, but it doesn't have to be amazing...you should be able to illustrate your ideas...

22-03-2004
backstage pass

My friend is in the fashion design at the School of The Art Institute of Chicago, and her courses are great (she gets to learn how to make accessories too!). They have an annual fashion show at the end of each year for the students to present their work to a public audience

22-03-2004
scenester

saint martins is great if u already know the techniques....otherwise u will struggle unless u are rich of course : )

22-03-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackalicious@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 6:45 pm
saint martins is great if u already know the techniques....
oh..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, megathread, schools, tfs